Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plagued by Netflix occassionally buffering and freezing at 25%? A Solution

Options
  • 15-04-2018 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hope this helps someone. We have a Samsung smart telly and watch Netflix a lot. 3 or 4 times a night we would get Netflix buffering and stalling at 25%, at which point the TV would seem to be disconnected from our home wifi. The solution every time was to turn off the telly (actually switch off the socket, not standby), restart and go to Netflix again, This was getting tiresome and all research online suggested this was a common problem, but no obvious solution, although some claimed setting the display resolution on your Netflix account settings to something other than automatic would work, it didn't for us. Lots of talk about DNS servers as well.
    But I read on some forum where someone with the same issue rearranged their furniture and the problem went away, suggesting the wifi signal was the issue. Bought a Devolo powerline adapter starter kit from Amazon for about 30 quid, plugged one in mains socket by the router and plugged the data cable into the router, plugged the other in a double adapter with the TV and the data cable into the TV, went to Network settings on TV and changed from wireless to wired, and problem solved. No more buffering, no more 25% hang up, no more wife going 'For F**ks Sake!!!' every time it happened).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

FireOne wrote: »
    Hope this helps someone. We have a Samsung smart telly and watch Netflix a lot. 3 or 4 times a night we would get Netflix buffering and stalling at 25%, at which point the TV would seem to be disconnected from our home wifi. The solution every time was to turn off the telly (actually switch off the socket, not standby), restart and go to Netflix again, This was getting tiresome and all research online suggested this was a common problem, but no obvious solution, although some claimed setting the display resolution on your Netflix account settings to something other than automatic would work, it didn't for us. Lots of talk about DNS servers as well.
    But I read on some forum where someone with the same issue rearranged their furniture and the problem went away, suggesting the wifi signal was the issue. Bought a Devolo powerline adapter starter kit from Amazon for about 30 quid, plugged one in mains socket by the router and plugged the data cable into the router, plugged the other in a double adapter with the TV and the data cable into the TV, went to Network settings on TV and changed from wireless to wired, and problem solved. No more buffering, no more 25% hang up, no more wife going 'For F**ks Sake!!!' every time it happened).
    Hi FireOne, 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you were having with your service. 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you. Thanks for letting us know. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, name on the account, email address and date of birth and I can check to make sure everything is ok with the service on our side.

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement