Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bitches fighting

• 15-04-2018 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Lads I have a bit of a dilemma. I have 2 springer bitches aged 7 and 8 and they have been fighting bad the last week. I was away for work the last few weeks and arrived back to this mess today. One is spayed and the other is not and I think she may be coming into season

Previously they would fight the very odd time but nothing bad. They are kennelled together so I am going to try splitting the kennel tomorrow to see if it will sort it some bit.

They seem to be fighting the second I approach them but when they finish they are back being best friends again licking each others faces. I think it’s a mixture of jealousy and I think while I was away one of them tried to become the boss and it led to this.

I’m wondering have any of Ye seen this before and did ye find a fix. It’s going to become a complete inconvenience if I’m going to have to seperate them for everything i.e. exercising. I separated them for awhile earlier to see if they would cool down but when I let them back together they went hell for leather. I currently have one in the kennel and the other in the shed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Ive had this problem several times. Two dogs and two bitches. Only thing that worked for me was seperating them. Extended the run, and partitioned it. Had no problems whilst exercising or hunting them together, so apart from the initial hardship, it was plain sailing after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭alan86

Eddie B wrote: »
    Ive had this problem several times. Two dogs and two bitches. Only thing that worked for me was seperating them. Extended the run, and partitioned it. Had no problems whilst exercising or hunting them together, so apart from the initial hardship, it was plain sailing after that.

Hi Eddie, thanks for the reply. Ya i had originally planned to upgrade the dog run this year so im going to take your advice and just do it sooner rather than later. I usually get them out for a lot of exercise so the lack of exercise over the last few weeks probably only added to the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Old dog handler adage that applies to both dogs and the fairer sex..."You cant keep two bitches in the same kennel"

Just had the mothers two Jack Russells have a go at each other this AM.Both bitches, both spayed.Think in general bitches are more possessive and jealous of their owner than a male.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Old dog handler adage that applies to both dogs and the fairer sex..."You cant keep two bitches in the same kennel"

Just had the mothers two Jack Russells have a go at each other this AM.Both bitches, both spayed.Think in general bitches are more possessive and jealous of their owner than a male.

I actually thought everyone who keeps working dogs would know this phrase.

I'm starting to feel really old.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭alan86

I wish I had heard that phrase before that would of saved me atlot of hassle.

It must be a case that after living together for 7 years they got sick of each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

I thought this was another Sports Coalition thread when I saw the title:D:D

Advertisement