Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Sell Oculus Rift

Options
  • 16-04-2018 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Its time to sell my oculus rift due to a sporting injury which prevents me from playing it comfortably,

The problem is I dont know where to sell it. I tried adverts with collection in Kerry or Delivery but no takes. I tried the local FB groups but no interest.

Does anyone know of anywhere else to sell it for a decent price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I've sold, and subsequently bought one on adverts. You just have to set the right price. Although being in Kerry will always make it a bit more difficult. ebay and done deal are alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Thanks Samuel,

THe prices was €350 on adverts. I might just change the ad and incl postage anywhere in Ireland with that price. I imagine ebay fees will be high.
    Can I ask you how much you bought and sold for on adverts Samuel so I will know what price to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

pcuser wrote: »
    Thanks Samuel,

THe prices was €350 on adverts. I might just change the ad and incl postage anywhere in Ireland with that price. I imagine ebay fees will be high.
    Can I ask you how much you bought and sold for on adverts Samuel so I will know what price to expect.

Sold for about €500 sans touch controllers but that was back in the day. Bought for about €450 with controllers IIRC. Again this was a while ago. They're near that new now I'm afraid.

I may have to drop the price a bit then and incl postage. Luckily I managed to get if for $350 on Black Friday while I was in the states. That cost about €301 with the exchange rate at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

You could get more for it within reason if you include your Oculus Account/games. But without doing that its a hard sell at €350 when a new one can be had for €449 that includes free shipping, over €100 worth of games and apps and a 2 year warranty, something which your Rift wouldn't have even if it was an Irish Rift because the warranties aren't transferable to a S/H owner.

• Advertisement

THanks for the reply Calibos. I thought my account was linked to my FB account. I did not realize it was possible to transfer the acccount to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

pcuser wrote: »
    THanks for the reply Calibos. I thought my account was linked to my FB account. I did not realize it was possible to transfer the acccount to someone else.

I certainly didn't register on Oculus with my Facebook account although there is an option to log in with your facebook account on the Oculus webpage. You should probably ask about the specifics of account transfer with or without Facebook link and about whether the link can be decoupled if it exists over on reddit on r/oculus. If you dont have a reddit account I can do it for you if you prefer.

Thats great, Thank you very much Calibous. I dont have a reddit account.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do you use AVFORUMS?

They have a Classified section.
    Might get plenty of interest there?

Advertisement