Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VIKING MT 6112 - broken tensioner part

Options
  • 16-04-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Bolt that holds the tensioner pulley just snapped and dropped on my deck over the weekend - mower got no abuse whatsoever - it's on it's 4th season and I'm really annoyed - of course belt got torn when part snapped. It looks as if the bolt is welded to the the pulley and seems as if it's a very heavy part to have hanging off the chassis with one obviously too weak bolt. I've rang the dealer - who't trying to work out which part broke. Anybody else have similar experience with Viking ride on mowers? They're not cheap, would expect a bit of quality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Should not have broke. Has your mower 2 blades rather than 3 ? I'm assuming it's the front tensioner which bolts onto chassis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

Needles73 wrote: »
    Should not have broke. Has your mower 2 blades rather than 3 ? I'm assuming it's the front tensioner which bolts onto chassis ?

3 blades. That's what I'm thinking - it got very little hardship in it's life so not sure why it broke other than being faulty in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

turbbo wrote: »
    3 blades. That's what I'm thinking - it got very little hardship in it's life so not sure why it broke other than being faulty in the first place.

How did you fair out with this ? Did you get repaired ok ?

Needles73 wrote: »
    How did you fair out with this ? Did you get repaired ok ?

Not good still waiting on a part and it looks as if it's a big enough job to fit it. Seems to be a plate under the chassis that has to come off and there are a load of parts attached/in the way of the plate. Think it will have to go to a dealer.
    I bought mower off a friend so I'm being patient. I thought Viking were a quality brand this is giving me doubts.

Up and running - glad to have it back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement