Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun cert conditions

Options
  • 16-04-2018 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

I've been out of shooting for a few years and had my guns in storage since the certs expired, I've now have applied for new certs for 2 shotguns and a ruger 10/22. I'm a member of an authorised range.

Firstly the super wrote to me asking for details of what modifications I intend on the 10/22, make/model/number of modifications.

Secondly, I ticked hunting and clays for the shotguns, he wants land permission for hunting or otherwise he states that they may only be used for clays. I no longer have land permission but would occasionally receive invites for pigeon decoying or perhaps paid days shooting for driven pheasant etc.

So basically is this a common restriction imposed that you may only shoot clays if you've no formal permission from a landowner or membership of a game club.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

I see nothing wrong with what he wants in relation to the shotguns. If you've ticked hunting they tend to look for permissions or gun club membership.
    Now as for the .22 it seems he will be basing his decision on future events that have not or may not even happen. I see no relevence as to why he wants a list of modifications now.
    I also would not say I will be making NO modifications because if at a future date you might want to change the trigger for example and you have stated no modifications you have previously stated none would be carried out.
    I would politely say that is of no relevence to my application and please process it as it is.
    Yes i know they can request more info off you but this I feel is a step too far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

^^^^^^^^^

In a nut shell.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement