Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prize bonds intrest rates

• 16-04-2018 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey so I was bought a prize bond back in 1994 a week after I was born, it won in 2002 of €75. Now I know unclaimed prizes do grow with interest after the first 6 months. Can anyone tell me the rates?
    What I thought was that it was
    2.25% per month upto 2013 and downwards then after that? Now it’s sitting on 0.50%?
    Any ideas what I’m owed? 16 years in full

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

RossaP wrote: »
    Hey so I was bought a prize bond back in 1994 a week after I was born, it won in 2002 of €75. Now I know unclaimed prizes do grow with interest after the first 6 months. Can anyone tell me the rates?
    What I thought was that it was 2.25% per month upto 2013 and downwards then after that? Now it’s sitting on 0.50%?

Wow! 2.25% a month!!!! A quick calculation using my fingers and toes reveals that you're owed in the region of €50,000 :D - and the really good news is that it's all tax-free!

However, from 1st January 2018 no further interest (other than the interest accrued up to the 31st December 2017) will be paid when the prize is claimed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

RossaP wrote: »
    What I thought was that it was 2.25% per month upto 2013 and downwards then after that? Now it’s sitting on 0.50%?

You've been seriously misinformed - 2.25% per month is an APR of 30.6%.

Advertisement