Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising Caliber limit for deer.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

aaakev wrote: »
    No one has answered my question, who are these people? Do we know??
    It's in my first post:
    Cass wrote: »
    From the Deer Alliance page(same crowd that tried to bring in mandatory hcap).
    Is there something else you are curious about? If you want to know who they are, as in their "credentials", then have a read of this. Specifically post 1 and 248.

If you want to know the people in the group proposing this then their head/president/CEO/leader is Liam Nolan. Under the link for "Personal Website" is a link to the deer alliance website.

Lastly if you want to know about them then you can read it on their website, but in short they, or more accurately he, is a private group/company that provides HCAP testing for those that wish to shoot on Coilte land. They have no Government oversight, no funding, and are not a charity.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

From what iv heard there are gun dealers involved and if so they should definitely be named. Business would suffer and rightly so. This sport is hard enough and expensive enough to get into already without this kind of bull**** being thrown around

gunny123 wrote: »
    I would like to know too, but is it a case of the people who know don't want to say in case it lands them in trouble ?
    Not at all. It was in my first post, with a link so i thought it was clear who submitted this.
    Its like everyone knows the faces behind the carry on with the sports coalition, but their names have not been made public here, apart from Paul Walsh's.
    That is slightly different because of the litigious nature of the person(s) involved. Even if a suit had no merit most people don't want the hassle, cost of a court case and so it's the silencing of opposition arguments by means of the fear of possible financial ruin.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

aaakev wrote: »
    From what iv heard there are gun dealers involved and if so they should definitely be named. Business would suffer and rightly so. This sport is hard enough and expensive enough to get into already without this kind of bull**** being thrown around
    From the so called coalition? Yes. There are at least two, possibly three involved. However as this proposal is from or at least appearing to be solely from the deer alliance i did not see need to mention the so called coalition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

It's in my first post:

Is there something else you are curious about? If you want to know who they are, as in their "credentials", then have a read of this. Specifically post 1 and 248.

If you want to know the people in the group proposing this then their head/president/CEO/leader is Liam Nolan. Under the link for "Personal Website" is a link to the deer alliance website.

Lastly if you want to know about them then you can read it on their website, but in short they, or more accurately he, is a private group/company that provides HCAP testing for those that wish to shoot on Coilte land. They have no Government oversight, no funding, and are not a charity.

I read through their website when you first posted but was none the wiser. Couldn't find anything on the cro either so was just curious as to who the hell this group is made up of.
    From the so called coalition? Yes. There are at least two, possibly three involved. However as this proposal is from or at least appearing to be solely from the deer alliance i did not see need to mention the so called coalition.

Ah maybe i'm getting confused here, i thought they were all the one.... if a dealer i used was part of the group i would stop using them and i know plenty of others that would too. thats what i was getting at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Liam has a fan😂
    “Liam has changed the way we now manage one of our most prized natural assets .In Ireland we now have a syllabus of training for the management of Deer on a par with any other in Europe . We have education , training and testing. We cannot say just how important Liams contribution to Deer stalking has been , but we can say he has erased generations of poor sportsmanship , he has saved the tradition and profession of Deer stalking from the hands of misguided and reckless amateurs, and reintroduced measured study, respect and admiration for this great species.”

Reckless amateurs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Liam has a fan😂
    “Liam has changed the way we now manage one of our most prized natural assets .In Ireland we now have a syllabus of training for the management of Deer on a par with any other in Europe . We have education , training and testing. We cannot say just how important Liams contribution to Deer stalking has been , but we can say he has erased generations of poor sportsmanship , he has saved the tradition and profession of Deer stalking from the hands of misguided and reckless amateurs, and reintroduced measured study, respect and admiration for this great species.”

Reckless amateurs!!!

Modest sort of lad isn't he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

On a par with the rest of Europe..lol. If the German hunter certification would be a degree course than the HCAP is like graduating from Montessori....

Advertisement