Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert subjects help!

Options
  • 16-04-2018 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

A little bit of context; I went to public school up until the end of first year. I had to leave and was homeschooled because of anxiety and severe depression. Instead of doing my Junior Cert this year, I am doing the iGCSEs (which is sort of like the English equivalent of the JC)

Anyways, I am going back to public school in September and I am quite nervous in regards to my Leaving Cert, especially since I missed out a large portion of Irish.

My question is, will it be difficult to catch up in OL Irish if I haven’t done it in almost two years? And does anyone have any suggestions on how I should do some efficient Irish revision this summer?

Also, I’m planning on doing homec because when I was still in school, it was my favourite subject. However, I heard that it is very difficult in the LC, so, will I need to have done it for the whole junior cycle to be able to do well in it for LC?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Clopal

Go to the Gaeltacht. It can be expensive but it’s well worth it and it can be like a holiday, and will be a really good experience and you’ll learn loads without even knowing you are ,

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

As long as you remember the basics, you'll be fine. Even if you're struggling at the beginning, you have two years to build your Irish up to standard expected. Can't speak on the topic of Home Ec though!

Advertisement