Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH Installed but no service??

Options
  • 16-04-2018 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I had ordered FTTH and phone back in January and three times KN called out but had problems getting the fibre into the house. Last Thursday, it was successfully completed, I was not at home at the time as I was travelling with work but my wife was there when the installer called. 

I arrived home on Friday and switched on the modem to start using my new service but it will not connect to the internet, nor will the phone service work?  The modem lights up except for the internet light. 

I called Eir and the tech said that although the service has been installed properly at my end, the Eir system has for some reason not updated and it does not show my service as active, so it will not allow me to connect?

The tech raised a ticket on Friday and said it should be recified in a few hours when the system is updated, but now three days later I still have no service?? :mad:

Can someone from Eir please look into this for me??

Kind Regards
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Shyboy wrote: »
    Hi, 

I had ordered FTTH and phone back in January and three times KN called out but had problems getting the fibre into the house. Last Thursday, it was successfully completed, I was not at home at the time as I was travelling with work but my wife was there when the installer called. 

I arrived home on Friday and switched on the modem to start using my new service but it will not connect to the internet, nor will the phone service work?  The modem lights up except for the internet light. 

I called Eir and the tech said that although the service has been installed properly at my end, the Eir system has for some reason not updated and it does not show my service as active, so it will not allow me to connect?

The tech raised a ticket on Friday and said it should be recified in a few hours when the system is updated, but now three days later I still have no service?? :mad:

Kind Regards
    John
    Hi John, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth, I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Hi, 

Kind Regards
    John
    Hi John, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth, I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracey. I have just sent you a PM. 

Kind Regards
    John

Hi Tracey, 

Just to give you a quick update. Late yesterday afternoon, the broadband (internet) started working but the phone still hasn't. I assume that has to be activated seperately. I have plugged a phone into the router but The VOIP light is off on the router and there is no tone on the phone?

Kind Regards
    John

Hi Tracey, 

Just to give you a quick update. Late yesterday afternoon, the broadband (internet) started working but the phone still hasn't. I assume that has to be activated seperately. I have plugged a phone into the router but The VOIP light is off on the router and there is no tone on the phone?

Kind Regards
    John
    Hi John, 

I've responded to your PM.  All services are up and running now :)

Thanks 

Tracey 

Yes, all good now. Thanks for your help, Tracey. :)

Kind Regards
    John

• Advertisement

Yes, all good now. Thanks for your help, Tracey. :)

Kind Regards
    John
    No problem, delighted to help :) 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement