Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adare Manor Charity Golf Match

Options
  • 16-04-2018 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the charity golf match between Rory, Padraig, Shane and Paul at Adare Manor the end of this month?

I think it's on this Friday but can't really seem to see any details on it or if it's open to the public.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about the charity golf match between Rory, Padraig, Shane and Paul at Adare Manor the end of this month?

I think it's on this Friday but can't really seem to see any details on it or if it's open to the public.

It's strictly limited to 1000 people, made up of members and invited guests only plus media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

It's strictly limited to 1000 people, made up of members and invited guests only plus media.

No invitation for the great unwashed then.
    Cheers for that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Is this the official opening?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    No invitation for the great unwashed then.
    Cheers for that.

Shows who they want playing there doesn't it? Not for the mere mortal at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Shows who they want playing there doesn't it? Not for the mere mortal at all. :(

they'll have some mere mortals there in early May... my boss is treating us to a four-ball there! cant wait tbh

• Advertisement

Keano wrote: »
    Is this the official opening?

Its been billed as a launch for the Pro am in 2020, but it is more of an official opening by the looks of it.
    i might be going down, work depending so if i am il report back with how it looks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If it's just a 4ball then I can see the point of limited numbers, I'd imagine folk paying would be following the group around so there's an obvious physical limitation on that

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

From the photos and flyovers the course looks absolutely stunning. Would love to get out on it sometime.

But could adare handle the traffic coming to it for a big event? I shudder when I hear the name of the town as I've many bad memories stuck in traffic trying to get through it, when there isn't even an event on there.

RoadRunner wrote: »
    From the photos and flyovers the course looks absolutely stunning. Would love to get out on it sometime.

But could adare handle the traffic coming to it for a big event? I shudder when I hear the name of the town as I've many bad memories stuck in traffic trying to get through it, when there isn't even an event on there.

In was at a few Irish opens there and the JP gigs and there was no traffic problems at all. There's always excellent traffic management plans for large events tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

charlieIRL wrote: »

They might be afraid you'd burn up the course and make a mockery of all the changes they've made! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

In was at a few Irish opens there and the JP gigs and there was no traffic problems at all. There's always excellent traffic management plans for large events tbh.

Good to hear. Was thinking most of the traffic could probably avoid coming through the town itself (where the bottleneck is) when there's an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

RoadRunner wrote: »

The Adare by-pass will be completed in time for the 2026 Ryder Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭YoTaro

Heard that the members got entry tickets to sell for fridays game.
    €100 each apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

Out of pure nosiness, anyone know what the sub in the new course.....
    Also did the members have to reapply?
    As I said my nose is at me:p

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Dbu wrote: »
    Out of pure nosiness, anyone know what the sub in the new course.....
    Also did the members have to reapply?
    As I said my nose is at me:p

€280 from October to May plus €55 compulsory caddie
    €340 from June to September plus €55 compulsory caddie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

morrga wrote: »
    €280 from October to May plus €55 compulsory caddie
    €340 from June to September plus €55 compulsory caddie

Is that not green fees as opposed to club membership?

slingerz wrote: »
    Is that not green fees as opposed to club membership?

It is sorry, misread the question.

Annual sub is 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

It is sorry, misread the question.

Annual sub is 5k.

Wowsa, does that mean all the old members would have to fork this out or leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Members can bring out guest for the tidy sum of €170....one for the common man

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Members can bring out guest for the tidy sum of €170....one for the common man

• Advertisement

Right im going to head down to this, the weather is looking good so it'll beat working! Il report back on the course changes, ive only seen pictures so it'll be good to see it in the flesh!

Right im going to head down to this, the weather is looking good so it'll beat working! Il report back on the course changes, ive only seen pictures so it'll be good to see it in the flesh!

Any spare tickets?? And Ill go too

The website has preview videos of each hole, looks good

ec5050 wrote: »
    Any spare tickets?? And Ill go too

The website has preview videos of each hole, looks good

I'm afraid not, yeah the golf course looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,957 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Highlights will be on Sky sports golf.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I'm afraid not, yeah the golf course looks fantastic

What time does it start tomorrow do you know?
    I have just sourced a ticket

ec5050 wrote: »
    What time does it start tomorrow do you know?
    I have just sourced a ticket

12.30 kick off, well done on the ticket, they're very scarce it seems

Who is playing? Rory, Shane, Padraig and?

Who is playing? Rory, Shane, Padraig and?

MCGinley

Dbu wrote: »
    Wowsa, does that mean all the old members would have to fork this out or leave?

Yep, they paid 2k this year and then all pay 5k from next year onwards.

• Advertisement

Got lucky, a friend of mine sourced 2 tickets from a member. Cant wait for it now. Have played the course 3/4 times so it will be nice to see the changes

Advertisement