Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adare Manor Charity Golf Match

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

jtown wrote: »
    Link?

Details are in the PDF attached in a prior post from yesterday. Think it was ec5050's one

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Details are in the PDF attached in a prior post from yesterday. Think it was ec5050's one

cheers :cool:

if paying that kind of money I wouldnt want a stranger for over four hours in the fourball with my buddies

• Registered Users Posts: 51,837 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ec5050 wrote: »
    Ha, very good!

Heres the breakdown of the prices.
    No sign of any cheaper way to play it for us ordinary folk yet

Lovely place but at those prices they can stick it where the monkey stuck the bad nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

its crazy money alright

i spose they can charge what they want you dot have to pay it if you dont want to

shame for golf vlovers to have such a course on your doorstep but are priced out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I wonder will they make money for what is essentially a 5 month parkland season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ec5050 wrote: »
    Ha, very good!

Heres the breakdown of the prices.
    No sign of any cheaper way to play it for us ordinary folk yet

They could have paid a few quid for someone to proof read the flyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

PARlance wrote: »
    They could have paid a few quid for someone to proof read the flyer.

Very poor alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

I wonder will they make money for what is essentially a 5 month parkland season

I dont think making money from green fees is top of their priority. Considering they have to pay 50 greenstaff on top of everything its all about creating an Irish Augusta and the exclusiveness that goes with it

Webbs wrote: »
    I dont think making money from green fees is top of their priority. Considering they have to pay 50 greenstaff on top of everything its all about creating an Irish Augusta and the exclusiveness that goes with it

I think turning a profit will be tricky given our climate
    I guess JP can afford to run it at a loss if it struggles

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It’s all about the Ryder Cup, end of

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Webbs wrote: »

I'm sure they will be commercially driven, just with a different model. You won't find discounted slots on teetimes but I'm sure they will be targeting the likes of the US audience, fairly aggressively. Trying to get on tour operators packages etc... a premium parkland offering in the mix with the likes of Ballybunion, Tralee etc for our oversees friends.

If they were going for the Augusta model, they wouldn't be advertising green fees at all. There are a lot more millionaires around Augusta than you'll find around Adare. I doubt they will be happy to rely on membership alone.

Even if they averaged 3 groups of 4 a day at those green fees plus add ons, it's well in excess of €1,000,000 per year in revenue.
    That's 20-25 full time staff paid for, so I do think they will be looking to welcome green fees, just at the premium rate and in relatively small numbers (so as not to annoy members, who are also paying premium rates).

I couldn't see members allowing it to be as busy with tourists as the likes of those Links, the members of Tralee etc expect it to be packed with tourists as they understand that they're only paying 400 odd a years membership thanks to the tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm sure they will be commercially driven, just with a different model. You won't find discounted slots on teetimes but I'm sure they will be targeting the likes of the US audience, fairly aggressively. Trying to get on tour operators packages etc... a premium parkland offering in the mix with the likes of Ballybunion, Tralee etc for our oversees friends.

If they were going for the Augusta model, they wouldn't be advertising green fees at all. There are a lot more millionaires around Augusta than you'll find around Adare. I doubt they will be happy to rely on membership alone.

Even if they averaged 3 groups of 4 a day at those green fees plus add ons, it's well in excess of €1,000,000 per year in revenue.
    That's 20-25 full time staff paid for
    , so I do think they will be looking to welcome green fees, just at the premium rate and in relatively small numbers (so as not to annoy members, who are also paying premium rates).

I couldn't see members allowing it to be as busy with tourists as the likes of those Links, the members of Tralee etc expect it to be packed with tourists as they understand that they're only paying 400 odd a years membership thanks to the tourists.

They are allowing max of 8 green fees per day so even if they fill every day 365 they may pay for half the greenstaff without the massive costs of keeping the greens and course in perfect condition all year round. Would be interested to see what their membership numbers are, I had no idea how many members they had before the changes

It really is a loss making exercise to get the Ryder Cup as mentioned by another poster. So we can look forward to affordable green fees in 2027 :D

Maybe a WGC event in the future?

That would be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

As far as i know the current situation is a high possibility of a WGC or 2, and Ryder cup is 100% happenings, but it may be 2022 as Italy are struggling to be ready, by all accounts JP is pushing hard for 2022 and possible Harrington captaincy as Westwood is primed for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

just wondering... does anyone know the upfront joining fee?

I think I read the annual sub is 6.5k (1.5 re bar/restaurant)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Maybe a WGC event in the future?

That would be cool

Ya I'd be good with this. Was too young in 2002 to really enjoy the WGC in KK

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Advertisement