Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork developments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Where's all the traffic gonna go ? They gonna make Patrick's Quay a two way street?
    Along with the traffic ban in Patrick Street, closing MacCurtain Street for the year will just bring about total gridlock no?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Where's all the traffic gonna go ? They gonna make Patrick's Quay a two way street?
    Along with the traffic ban in Patrick Street, closing MacCurtain Street for the year will just bring about total gridlock no?

They are not planning to close MacCurtain Street.

It is York Street that is to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

satanta99 wrote: »
    They are not planning to close MacCurtain Street.

It is York Street that is to close.

d'oh !!! read it wrong!! phew! :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CorkCraneCount

I can't attach the link properly because I'm not allowed as a new user, but Irish Examiner reporting story that:

An Bord Pleanala have approved the increase in building size and apartment numbers for the Horgan's Quay development

www 😀 irishexaminer 😀 com/breakingnews/ireland/abp-approve-plans-for-302-apartment-complex-on-corks-north-docks-964566 😀 html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

I can't attach the link properly because I'm not allowed as a new user, but Irish Examiner reporting story that:

An Bord Pleanala have approved the increase in building size and apartment numbers for the Horgan's Quay development

www 😀 irishexaminer 😀 com/breakingnews/ireland/abp-approve-plans-for-302-apartment-complex-on-corks-north-docks-964566 😀 html

How does this work, when it's already in the process of being built?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭snotboogie

How does this work, when it's already in the process of being built?

The Hotel and Office sections are under construction now. No work has started on the apartments. Leo and Simon turned the sod on Boherboy Rd affordable housing scheme today. 140+ homes

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Anyone know if these are being built to let or if the apartments are for sale?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Not sure if this was posted here

The "Penrose Dock West" development has been appealed to ABP by the same objector to the Events Centre

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/305838.htm

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Also, Glenveagh have entered into SHD consultation with ABP for 449 units (315 houses + 134 apartments) at Maryborough Ridge

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/305825.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

marno21 wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted here

The "Penrose Dock West" development has been appealed to ABP by the same objector to the Events Centre

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/305838.htm

Yeah and I'm sure the appropriate level of consideration will be applied to the objection given his mental idea's for what the Event Centre site should be used for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,031 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lotabeg Affordable Housing Scheme announced.

Proposed breakdown of housing mix:

Price Range of the 116 affordable units as follows:
    2 Bedroom dwelling – from € 198,000 / 3 Bedroom dwelling – from €223,000
    The above cost reflects service sites funding & Help to Buy Scheme operated by Revenue for eligible purchasers.
    30 Month project delivery programme (5 Phases) Construction to commence October 2019.
    Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan Examples: Based on a joint application with income of €75,000

2 & 3 Bedroom Dwellings

2 Bedroom Dwelling 3 Bedroom Dwelling
    Selling Price € 198,000 €223,000
    Loan Value €178,200 € 200,700
    Interest Rate 2% 2%
    Loan Term 25 years 25 years
    Monthly Repayment (TRS incl.) €785.00 €865.00

I wouldn't be sold on Mayfield but €220k on 2% fixed 25 year mortgage sounds very good too me.

Hopefully we see more of these, considering you can get 5 times your joint income on the Rebuilding Home Loan Ireland. A couple on minimum wage should be able to qualify for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭opus

About time something happened on this site near the Lough.

Housing development planned for former Lough Tavern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Why are they using that income figure for affordable housing? Is that a max threshold or something?
    A couple on €75000 combined can borrow just over €260000+deposit, there are plenty of houses around cork for that, They would be buying at 280k-285k,

bladebrew wrote: »
    Why are they using that income figure for affordable housing? Is that a max threshold or something?
    A couple on €75000 combined can borrow just over €260000+deposit, there are plenty of houses around cork for that, They would be buying at 280k-285k,

Ya that's the max 75k but they will let you borrow 5 times that capped at to 320k build value in Cork.
    There isn't any new build 3 beds for 220k in the city not even close.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Appeal-lodged-with-An-Bord-Pleanala-against-Penrose-Quay-development-ae6b1308-61dc-4bed-a1b5-17a646d0f702-ds

In her original objection lodged with City Hall, the appellant said that the development is too tall to be built so close to the city centre.

It’s also claimed the structure is “far too massive and too dominant and too simple a design.”

:rolleyes:

That's a lot of too's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

she is a tool

What's the story with lodging objections? Can you just stroll in off the street and object to a proposed building because you're having a bad day or looking for attention or do you actually have to build some sort of case for your objection with some sort of research or impact study or anything other than I object just because I feel like it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

What's the story with lodging objections? Can you just stroll in off the street and object to a proposed building because you're having a bad day or looking for attention or do you actually have to build some sort of case for your objection with some sort of research or impact study or anything other than I object just because I feel like it?

why is an artist from dublin who does not even live in the city object ?

Thats akin to me in cork complaining about something in galway because my wife nagged me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

What I don't understand is why it takes 5 months to tell this woman to piss off with her nonsense objections.

The fact that one person with spurious objections can hold up projects of this scale is insane to me. :confused: How is there not a better system in place to prevent idiots doing this?!

What I don't understand is why it takes 5 months to tell this woman to piss off with her nonsense objections.

The fact that one person with spurious objections can hold up projects of this scale is insane to me. :confused: How is there not a better system in place to prevent idiots doing this?!

These are the idiots who's appeals (moaning) should be fast-track reviewed then a decision made in weeks not months. I understand there is a need for an appeal system but it seems these appeals fall into two types:

1. Genuine appeals with actual work put into them to demonstrate a genuine concern.

2. Just being a pain in the hole, complaining about anything new or just looking for attention.

The latter should be reviewed fairly but swiftly then thrown into the bin. Its incredible someone can walk in off the street and object without any effort put into the objection and this delays projects by months even years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Meursault

These are the idiots who's appeals (moaning) should be fast-track reviewed then a decision made in weeks not months. I understand there is a need for an appeal system but it seems these appeals fall into two types:

1. Genuine appeals with actual work put into them to demonstrate a genuine concern.

2. Just being a pain in the hole, complaining about anything new or just looking for attention.

The latter should be reviewed fairly but swiftly then thrown into the bin. Its incredible someone can walk in off the street and object without any effort put into the objection and this delays projects by months even years.

Its very difficult to separate out appeals like this, unfortunately. Presumably, they have to treat all appeals as the same, regardless of whether they are complete bullsh*t (as is this appeal) or not.

In a weird way, the fact that she is a serial appellant, will no doubt work against her appeal, as it won't be taken seriously.

Unfortunately it appears that every new project greater than two storeys that is announced will likely be met with a similar appeal from the same person. Its all very frustrating. Particularly the appeal against the event centre, which appears to be cursed at this stage.

No way should one individual be able to hold up a capital project.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Once this appeal is rejected, do they open it up for more appeals again or was that it? Hoping for the latter, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

And further to this, ban them from making appeals for any project for say one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭snotboogie

I wouldn't be too wound up, this has the looks of a get planning and flip it site too. I have never heard of Karmex Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

snotboogie wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too wound up, this has the looks of a get planning and flip it site too. I have never heard of Karmex Ltd

AFAIK, Karamex belongs to the Kevin O'Leary family ( motor dealers). They used to operate a car dealership on Penrose Quay in the 1990s/2000s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭opus

Few pics from a visit to UCC earlier.

The new student hub
    495857.jpg

The student apartments site on the Mardyke
    495858.jpg

Hadn't realised just how big a site this was 'til I saw the hoarding go up. Nice place to live but guess it won't make the existing residents very happy.

In fairness it ain't the prettiest of buildings. Its completely at odds with its surroundings but I don't live anywhere near it so i'm not going to get all hot n bothered about it. How is it that this slips under the radar somehow yet the tall building proposals on Port of Cork wasteland have the usual moaners foaming at the mouth!

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I'm on the fence about it. Will make that junction a disaster on Saturdays and coming up to Christmas....

Advertisement