Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork developments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Olivia Pope

Yup, there are two for sale in the park

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/11-manor-avenue-maryborough-ridge-douglas-cork-city/4454565 (€490,000)
    https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/10-edgewood-marborough-ridge-douglas-co-cork/4444834 (€400,000)

Across the road is Broadale the park i mentioned earlier with centra. there is a few houses for sale there. all the same benefits of the above but not near the m28

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/2-willsbrook-maryborough-hill-douglas-cork/4432683 (€300,000)
    https://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/douglas/19-the-crescent-broadale-douglas-cork-2676312/ (€260,000)
    https://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/douglas/5-the-heights-broadale-maryborough-hill-douglas-cork-2738969/ (€685,000)

There are also loads for sale in Maryborough Woods (half way down the hill) and The Paddocks (a bit further down the hill). All different prices

Thanks for all of that. We aren't interested in living in that area.

I'd say we will leave the city. So annoying to have what I consider a good budget and no decent options.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

Hi Bingo,

Are you happy with Clonlara. What are the gardens like in size? Do you have alot of houses looking into your garden?

Clonlara is nice, but make sure you have a good look at the location. No local shop, no footpath into Kerrypike village, broadband used to be very poor. Also, there's some issue with the school not being a feeder school for any secondary school in the area.

On the plus side they have an excellent local Indian restaurant, and its very close to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Hi Bingo,

Are you happy with Clonlara. What are the gardens like in size? Do you have alot of houses looking into your garden?

Hi Olivia,

Yeah we are, its quite quickly become a nice little community of mostly young parents. Houses are very well built and good variety of sizes so worth checking for something you like and if that is still available, I get the sense they are down to the last few.

Garden sizes vary a lot usually in line with house model, but would suggest asking to see them so youre happy - were personally happy with ours but there is an element of overlook in most cases - they have a lot of split levels in rows of houses so some do tower over others. With that saif you'll see good example in here if people who have grown up some trees and turned into a positive like a cosy sunken room.
    Being fairly car dependent is a good point previously mentioned, other than the Indian and bar next to it theres not much you can stroll off to safely given the roads. The broadband issue is recently put right though, fibre to the home for all units now.

This sounds more negative than positive but want to be up front about the reality of things and you can decide yourself if you like the look of the houses and estate that will hopefully speak for itself.

If any other specific questions let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

bingo9999 wrote: »
    Hi Olivia,

Yeah we are, its quite quickly become a nice little community of mostly young parents. Houses are very well built and good variety of sizes so worth checking for something you like and if that is still available, I get the sense they are down to the last few.

Garden sizes vary a lot usually in line with house model, but would suggest asking to see them so youre happy - were personally happy with ours but there is an element of overlook in most cases - they have a lot of split levels in rows of houses so some do tower over others. With that saif you'll see good example in here if people who have grown up some trees and turned into a positive like a cosy sunken room.
    Being fairly car dependent is a good point previously mentioned, other than the Indian and bar next to it theres not much you can stroll off to safely given the roads. The broadband issue is recently put right though, fibre to the home for all units now.

This sounds more negative than positive but want to be up front about the reality of things and you can decide yourself if you like the look of the houses and estate that will hopefully speak for itself.

Glad to hear the broadband is sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Can we get back to new Cork developments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

Thanks for all of that. We aren't interested in living in that area.

I'd say we will leave the city. So annoying to have what I consider a good budget and no decent options.

hi sorry, i think I might have misinterpreted you. sorry to hear about leaving! i hope you find something

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Olivia Pope

bingo9999 wrote: »
    Hi Olivia,

Thanks Bingo, you are very honest. Sounds like you are very happy there. Do you kniw if there are many more houses to be built in Clonlara?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK Folks discussion of where tolive is off topic, why not start a new thread?
    Lets stick to the topic at hand from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

Good view of the Edel house extension from South Main St.

527890.jpg

Also a lot of work going on in this building on Shandon St, goes back quite a way so will be interested to see what's going in there once it's finished.

527891.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

274 residential units at St Kevin's Hospital in Shanakiel sent back to the drawing board: http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/307259.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Dan Sweeney gives a tour of the new Horgan Quay Office Development https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFxfstjJw_e/?igshid=nmm9bm02m3b5

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

marno21 wrote: »
    274 residential units at St Kevin's Hospital in Shanakiel sent back to the drawing board: http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/307259.htm

****e. With the pace this is moving at this is going to cost a long long time with a lot more rain and frost hitting the exposed interior, hope they have something to save when they finally get there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Test drilling now happening for the Albert Quay Tower.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

SHD resubmission for extra beds at the Square Deal site

https://twitter.com/sendboyle/status/1311630784286121988

Always nice to see a Green Party member complaining about added density and effective land use. It's 10 mins walk from the UCC gates and 2/3 mins from Reardens. What more could you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,325 ✭✭✭✭Water John

What logic is this? Answer ROI. Try better Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Test drilling now happening for the Albert Quay Tower.

I hope they strike apartments. No one's found new apartment buildings in Cork in years... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Just drove down McCurtain St - my god please tell me there is method in the madness that is those black path extention thing ? Looking bad at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

whatever76 wrote: »
    Just drove down McCurtain St - my god please tell me there is method in the madness that is those black path extention thing ? Looking bad at the minute

They are a temporary measure until the full upgrade/redesign of the street gets under way. It's to allow the many businesses to put extra tables/chairs on the footpath which in turn gives them a chance to survive in what is a challenging environment.
    Quite frankly i'm happily shocked the council did this so quickly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What I don't get is this appeared without warning but it's consultation and delays for seemingly every other proposed measure. They can't even put down a few temporary bollards and traffic lights and unlock a gate on Half Moon Lane while waiting for a €40k design process and 18 month delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

They are a temporary measure until the full upgrade/redesign of the street gets under way. It's to allow the many businesses to put extra tables/chairs on the footpath which in turn gives them a chance to survive in what is a challenging environment.

Ah I see thanks for details - yes indeed shocked at how fast this was started and turnaround - must be some pull there in the Victorian quarter of the city !! Its stopping the double parking at least !! hope it gets used now as we approach the Winter months :rolleyes: !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

whatever76 wrote: »

I hear what you’re saying. They’re like a pound shop version of footpath extensions. Very tacky looking altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

and they will be there for the foreseable future too.

Was speaking to a publican on the street and they are the next pub to be allowed permission to occupy the full width of the path as other pubs will be doing the same, that black rubber type footpath is the new pedestrian path.

Or at least until this 2 way system which is due to start. This is what i was told, how true it is I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I've read the same before, but I'm not sure it makes sense. The path extensions aren't going to be continuous - there are gaps for alleys etc. and there are even railings being installed at the ends of some of them.

But I guess if they put the tables out on the path extensions and left the existing paths as now for foot traffic, we know what'd happen. The pub/restaurant users would use the extensions and the path in between too. So maybe they're right! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,125 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

While dining at an on pavement pub restaurant which shall remain nameless, I was surprised at the filth left from years of drink and food dropped on the surface without anyone bothering their arse to deep clean it.

Wonder is this new surface the same banana skin quality as Pana after a drop of rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

Whats being developed out by the 8 arch passed today saw a site entrance made also houses in old sunbeam coming along.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭rounders

ofcork wrote: »
    Whats being developed out by the 8 arch passed today saw a site entrance made also houses in old sunbeam coming along.

Where is the 8 arch? The Viaduct?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

No railway bridge out the old mallow road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Looks to be a road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Council-set-to-develop-housing-units-at-former-Boland-Mills-site-0989212a-0d69-499b-90e0-a0ca11c20efa-ds

Advertisement