Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork developments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Looks like a crazy place for a major entrance ,right at the start of the bridge , on a sharp bend ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

IMG-20201005-120628.jpg

Crows nest apartments. Can't get over how quick these went up. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If we go to level 5 soon, they wont be going up much faster. :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Camden Quay site bought by Santiago Capital DAC for €3.3m

https://www.linkedin.com/company/santiago-capital-dac/
    Santiago Capital is proud to support the regeneration of this Venetian-style late nineteenth-century building that was formerly used as the Cork Circuit Court and the adjoining site behind it.

Was full sure this was stone dead. Perhaps a cautiously positive outlook.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

dont tell me it is more student apartments for the future politicians and bankers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

dont tell me it is more student apartments for the future politicians and bankers.
    Offices.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/property/arid-20408883.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Apogee

Student accommodation, Bandon Rd pics - big site:
    https://twitter.com/Clancy_Drangan/status/1313067056980545539

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If we go to level 5 soon, they wont be going up much faster. :o

:pac:

They're actually at the top floor already I think.

I'd say this might be one of last tallish (9 floors) building projects to get finished for a while in Cork unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

^^ ten

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Whatever happened to the tower planned for the South Link Road? ABP approved it back in December IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

TheChizler wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the tower planned for the South Link Road? ABP approved it back in December IIRC.

Wasn't that a flip job? I thought someone on here said that project was designed to be flipped. Same with Wilton.

Any news on the prism? That was one I was looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cantalach

How’s the shoulder? That chip seems awful heavy.

Wasn't that a flip job? I thought someone on here said that project was designed to be flipped. Same with Wilton.

Any news on the prism? That was one I was looking forward to.

It was confirmed as a flip job in the Examiner before the lockdown started - it was on the market to institutional investors.

Prism looking very mothballed. Seeing as Deane Street is closed to facilitate construction will there be a requirement to reopen this street soon should the project not go ahead? There is a road closure until June 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭TheChizler

marno21 wrote: »
    It was confirmed as a flip job in the Examiner before the lockdown started - it was on the market to institutional investors.
    That's annoying considering it took up resourses in the ABP fast track process that could have been better spent elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭snotboogie

TheChizler wrote: »
    That's annoying considering it took up resourses in the ABP fast track process that could have been better spent elsewhere.

Yep, there have been plenty of these in Cork. The Mahon Tower being another notorious examole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭blindsider

It's a shame that they can't impose a penalty for these projects being 'pie in the sky'.

If a project is not completed within x3 its construction duration, then pay 5% of the cost of the whole project.

E.g. Wilton Shopping Centre €100m re-development - https://www.irishexaminer.com/property/arid-30867039.html

Let's say it took 12 months to re-develop - and add 6 months to get the project started.

Then, if the project is not completed/50% completed etc in 2.5yrs, the developer (who applied for the Planning Permission) pays 5% to the Council.

The aim is not to collect €5m, but to ensure that only 'real' projects are submitted for planning.

I wonder how many commercial projects, in the last 10 yrs, were granted planning and nothing at all has happened?

OK, shoot me down in flames.......;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

A lot of the buildings in the Penney's block are up for lease. So looking very unlikely that Penney's will start their expansion anytime soon.

^^ ten

University College Cork’s Crow’s Nest Student Accommodation development at Victoria Cross will consist of 255 student bedrooms above a ground floor level, a wellness centre and café area. 4 towers, ascending from the 1st floor outside concourse area, varying in height from 9 floors (approx. 36 meters) to 7 (approx. 28.5 meters) .

http://www.jvtierney.ie/projects/ucc-crow-s-nest-student-accommodation-cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

University College Cork’s Crow’s Nest Student Accommodation development at Victoria Cross will consist of 255 student bedrooms above a ground floor level, a wellness centre and café area. 4 towers, ascending from the 1st floor outside concourse area, varying in height from 9 floors (approx. 36 meters) to 7 (approx. 28.5 meters) .

http://www.jvtierney.ie/projects/ucc-crow-s-nest-student-accommodation-cork

Its 9 stories above the 1st floor concourse

https://www.bmp.ie/2018-news/february-2018-student-accommodation-for-ucc/
    A proposed new UCC student accommodation building (the 255-bed development at Victoria Cross) is set to rise to eight and up 10 storeys, across four linked blocks, on the former western suburban site of the Crow’s Nest bar.

Look at the image of the design, a extra high gound floor, then each block of windows is another floor + two floors in the upper block section

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

Decision on the "tower" coming up soon according to the Examiner.

1980794_1_articlelarge_Custom_27s_20House_20Quay_20Cork_20-_20cumulative_20CGI02a_20_002_1_.jpg

Planning decision expected for Ireland's tallest building

• Advertisement

opus wrote: »

Getting approved is one thing. Its getting it built is the problem in the current climate.

Fingers crossed.

The Prism and Albert quay building have been mothballed so I can't see this getting started anytime soon. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Getting approved is one thing. Its getting it built is the problem in the current climate.

Fingers crossed.

The Prism and Albert quay building have been mothballed so I can't see this getting started anytime soon. Hope I'm wrong.

Was there not test drilling at Albert Quay earlier on in the week?

Wow ok fair enough. Cool. I'm happy to be wrong on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

There was.

Carey Tool Hire's new premises by the Kinsale Road roundabout hasn't started yet (that I'm aware of!) so presumably nothing much is going to happen on Albert Quay until that's ready for Carey's Tools to move out to. Unless, of course, Carey's Tools are ok with being closed for several months or find an alternative location.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭rounders

who_me wrote: »
    There was.

Carey Tool Hire's new premises by the Kinsale Road roundabout hasn't started yet (that I'm aware of!) so presumably nothing much is going to happen on Albert Quay until that's ready for Carey's Tools to move out to. Unless, of course, Carey's Tools are ok with being closed for several months or find an alternative location.

Only possible other place I can see them going is Blarney Business Park. JCD has a Planning App in for a structure that sounds like it could suit Carey's but that is a very different location to where they currently are so that could be a bit of a jump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭RINO87

opus wrote: »

1980794_1_articlelarge_Custom_27s_20House_20Quay_20Cork_20-_20cumulative_20CGI02a_20_002_1_.jpg

What is the building to the right of the tower in that pic?

Edit: Looks like its the Prism building - looks a lot bigger from that perspective considering its fotprint

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sonnyblack

RINO87 wrote: »
    What is the building to the right of the tower in that pic?

Edit: Looks like its the Prism building - looks a lot bigger from that perspective considering its fotprint

Looks like one of the office blocks in the Horgans Quay Development.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭RINO87

sonnyblack wrote: »
    Looks like one of the office blocks in the Horgans Quay Development.

Nah, I meant to the right, behind the tower.
    To the right in front is Horgans Quay/Penrose alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭swampgas

RINO87 wrote: »
    Nah, I meant to the right, behind the tower.
    To the right in front is Horgans Quay/Penrose alright.

The Elysian? Already built.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

swampgas wrote: »
    The Elysian. Already built.

Thats to the left, to the right does look to be Prism

Advertisement