Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork developments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Apogee

rounders wrote: »
    I'm about 80% sure that plot sold last year (before the marquee site sold). Don't know the buyer though

I can find a link to the smaller site/warehouses across the road/adjacent to Marquee site (bottom middle of image), but not the bigger site in red.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/property/331-acres-of-cork-docklands-brought-to-market-440880.html

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rounders

Even closer to the river Lee is the equally valuable Tedcastle site, which market rumours earlier this year linked to the Galway-born developers and investors the Comer brothers, but reliable sources indicate it has not yet been sold.

I can find a reference to it in this article but that is about it. 5th paragrapgh from the end

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/nama-puts-key-cork-docklands-site-on-market-for-85m-469061.html

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BUNK1982

I drove by the Blarney Business Park (where the NCT centre is) a few times last week and there seemed to be a lot of heavy construction machinery in there followed a few days later by a billboard announcing a a new arrival (nothing on the JCD website) ...

Anyone know anything? It was almost like a ghost estate for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rounders

BUNK1982 wrote: »
    I drove by the Blarney Business Park (where the NCT centre is) a few times last week and there seemed to be a lot of heavy construction machinery in there followed a few days later by a billboard announcing a a new arrival (nothing on the JCD website) ...

Anyone know anything? It was almost like a ghost estate for a long time.

The whole business park got bought up a few months back and the new owners seem to be giving a good go at getting it back a good condition. They have resurfaced all the internal roads, improved signage on approach and cleared all the grounds to make it look less like a overground field and more like somewhere you'd like to see your business setup. What looks like a big warehouse is currently nearly completion at the back of the park beside the NCT centre too. Quiet a considerable size of a warehouses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Yeah, the whole place seems to be leveled and doesn't look like a jungle any more.

On the flip side, they have a brand new sign up at the entrance prohibiting instructed drivers from entering now which sucks for me because it was a perfect place to teach my wife how to drive as it used to be a ghost town after 6pm. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

opus wrote: »

Will current tenants "Penrose Dock will face south onto the river and will retain in full the historic quayside Penrose House" be moving so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Is anything ever going to be done with the derelict site at Dennehy`s Cross where the old Ford showroom and grocery store used to be? I passed by there earlier today and the place looks worse than ever.

The house on the corner is/was allegedly still occupied by family and nothing will be happening there until they move on (to the next life) .... that was the story a few years back iirc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Augeo wrote: »
    The house on the corner is/was allegedly still occupied by family and nothing will be happening there until they move on (to the next life) .... that was the story a few years back iirc.

Really? I didn`t know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Will current tenants "Penrose Dock will face south onto the river and will retain in full the historic quayside Penrose House" be moving so?

Don't think there are many tenants there at the moment seem to be closed up.

Hero recruitment & cork laser care are still there or else they haven't updated their contact details :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

This at Dennehys Cross?

There's a young family in there now, can't imagine them going anywhere.
    last I heard it had gotten planning for mixed use residential/commercial but planning was to expire 2018
    Heard fcuk all since. It's an awful eyesore.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/prime-cork-development-sites-could-make-30m-1.2633448?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

The Prism just submitted the extra information, new decision due on the 8th of October.

No movement on Horgan's Quay which was meant to start "before the end of the Summer"

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rebs23

snotboogie wrote: »
    The Prism just submitted the extra information, new decision due on the 8th of October.

No movement on Horgan's Quay which was meant to start "before the end of the Summer"
    Thought I saw hoarding go up on the street next to Horgans Quay for the BAM development and a few containers?

rebs23 wrote: »
    Thought I saw hoarding go up on the street next to Horgans Quay for the BAM development and a few containers?

The hoarding has been up for months, even before the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

The hoarding has been up for months, even before the decision.

There's new hoarding and containers. Bits of activity there all right.

who_me wrote: »
    Which - as a software developer - surprises me a little. Are there any courses in the region that are targeted towards this (hugely important) area? I don't know of any.

CIT has a MSc.
    IT@Cork have alligned with IT Blanch for a 2 year part time live, online MSc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Saw them putting up the posts for the hoarding this morning at Horgans Quay.I imagine the amount of demolition to be done there will take a good while.Good to see movement.

On another note,what's the latest on the 40 storey skyscraper.All gone very quiet.

Saw them putting up the posts for the hoarding this morning at Horgans Quay.I imagine the amount of demolition to be done there will take a good while.Good to see movement.

On another note,what's the latest on the 40 storey skyscraper.All gone very quiet.

Apparently waiting for the Docklands Development Plan from the City Council which will rezone height restrictions on the site. The plan was originally due in June and then set back to September.

• Advertisement

Delivery of second Phase at Navigation Square underway

Fantastic news for the city and a massive vote of confidence for the entire Docklands. Looks like this will be the first major construction to start in the City in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Delivery of second Phase at Navigation Square underway

Fantastic news for the city and a massive vote of confidence for the entire Docklands. Looks like this will be the first major construction to start in the City in 2018

Build decent gaffs in city area now and I'd move home in a heartbeat

There is a huge number of units in the fast track planning and appeals in Cork; 608 in Glanmire, 446 in Douglas, 410 in Mahon, 310 in Cobh, 200 on the Nemo site in Douglas, 180 in Glounthaune. I may be missing a few too. The high density city centre builds will be a while off with the first site probably being on the Marquee with 1,000+ apartments rumored.

Decent is the key. People are not going to come for the shoe-box crap of 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Nice little terraced pad in St Lukes area is what I'm looking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Apogee

RESIDENTS fear their community will be ripped apart after An Bord Plean gave the go-ahead to controversial plans for more than 200 apartments on the site of the former Good Shepherd convent in Sunday’s Well. The planning body yesterday announced it is upholding a City Hall planning decision that will see the construction of 202 apartments on the site.

https://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Anger-as-200-homes-approved-for-the-Good-Shepherd-site-9dd9e3a0-4040-47fa-b569-9b391e7a5378-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Apogee wrote: »

Why would the community be "ripped apart"?? Did they just wake up and realise they live in the middle of a city or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Ah, the "I'm alright Jack's", plenty of us out there who would love to put down roots and become part of a community instead of shifting from rental to rental every few years. Ripping apart a community my backside.

The traffic concers there are justified, other than that it's a group of wealthy people not wanting rif raff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

The traffic concers there are justified, other than that it's a group of wealthy people not wanting rif raff
    Traffic is def a valid concern. 200 apartments in that area will be a disaster.
    The "ripped apart" stuff is just BS.

Advertisement