Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork developments

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Water fountains to be installed in several popular city parks

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Water-fountains-to-be-installed-in-several-popular-city-parks--136ccce1-90bd-4187-b2c8-a7892e589bc0-ds

This is a great idea.

But, why is Bishop Lucey Park excluded?
    Most of those other parks are not areas of "high pedestrian footfall".

Water fountains should be across the city centre.

How do homeless people access drinking water?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

bishop lucey park is getting a complete overhaul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

According to DylanG on SSC

"So the only appellant is the Irish Georgian Society. I just looked through their original objection:

issue with the Revenue Building being demolished and rebuilt (addressed in further information, no longer being demolished)
    site isn’t suitable for a tall building according to council plans"

Another person apparently appealed too but it was marked as invalid. Chance it could be sorted before deadline?

EDIT: Looks like more can still come in, those are the ones up to last week :/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

According to DylanG on SSC

"So the only appellant is the Irish Georgian Society. I just looked through their original objection:

issue with the Revenue Building being demolished and rebuilt (addressed in further information, no longer being demolished)
    site isn’t suitable for a tall building according to council plans"

Another person apparently appealed too but it was marked as invalid. Chance it could be sorted before deadline?

EDIT: Looks like more can still come in, those are the ones up to last week :/
    Let them fly in. It's a 18 week period with ABP anyway so it doesn't matter how many more come in, I'd be shocked if it was anything more than cranks with "I don't like it" appeals.

I would be shocked if the developers hadn't already factored in the ABP appeal duration. And anyway by March 22 it'll be very clear where the coronavirus pandemic is going and hopefully by then we'll have a positive outlook on the future market for this type of development.

They already had to deal with this type of eejitry with the Prism development so they are used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Ya this would have all been accounted for, let them appeal to their hearts content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Tbf I don't think there was any way ground was going to be broken before March appeal or no appeal. I'd take a December 2021 start date in a heartbeat.

Any updates on the Prism?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's more of a surprise when some idiots don't appeal anything new tbf. No matter whats being built these fools would complain

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭what the hell!

A crew working in Finns Corner tonight. Did we hear what’s going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thejuggler

A crew working in Finns Corner tonight. Did we hear what’s going in there?

Easons I believe - relocating from Patrick Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

There was a nice sunset by the Victoria Cross development this evening.

532578.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cantalach

thejuggler wrote: »

Wow. That north end of Patrick St is getting more boarded up by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

thejuggler wrote: »

was that confirmed ? hopefully they clean up the building too, badly in need of it and easons usually do a good job on buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thejuggler

was that confirmed ? hopefully they clean up the building too, badly in need of it and easons usually do a good job on buildings

Unsure but it was reported some months ago. They do appear to be moving though as planning was granted recently for redevelopment of their current store (by sports direct I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Patrick 1959

If building on the Prism had not stopped in March, would the Prism be an option for Amazon?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I noticed Princes Street was barricaded, as if road work is due to commence.

Are they properly pedestrianising the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭TheChizler

If building on the Prism had not stopped in March, would the Prism be an option for Amazon?
    Doubt it, they were looking for around 100,000sqft doubt they'd be looking to spread that across every floor, if the prism is even that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I noticed Princes Street was barricaded, as if road work is due to commence.

Are they properly pedestrianising the street?

https://twitter.com/Nash19Cork/status/1326637864944332801

Looks like it

CorkRed93 wrote: »

#wow #! #claire #nash #really #likes #hashtags

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

cantalach wrote: »
    #wow #! #claire #nash #really #likes #hashtags

To be fair the big wow here is that the council is actually doing something progressive! So don't blame Claire for over hash tagging 😂

To be fair the big wow here is that the council is actually doing something progressive! So don't blame Claire for over hash tagging ��

Oh I agree. She’s a force of nature who gets things done. All the more reason to have a laugh at her expense. It is the Irish way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Another two appeals in for the docklands tower, one from An Taisce and another from our friend John Adams. All expected appellants I would expect and this will be granted permission come March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Another two appeals in for the docklands tower, one from An Taisce and another from our friend John Adams. All expected appellants I would expect and this will be granted permission come March.

I'm sure the Echo will be on to him shortly, nice bit of free exposure. Must be looking to sell a few more paintings. In fairness I think it might overshadow his garden. In Cobh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

I'm sure the Echo will be on to him shortly, nice bit of free exposure. Must be looking to sell a few more paintings. In fairness I think it might overshadow his garden. In Cobh.

Yes it will overshadow his garden in Cobh, everytime that the sun will shine from the North West ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I reckon An Taisce have their offices covered in John Boys paintings as a thank you for the company he's provided them with on all the objectors lists over the years

D'Agger wrote: »
    I reckon An Taisce have their offices covered in John Boys paintings as a thank you for the company he's provided them with on all the objectors lists over the years

You might be on to something there. I'd say the Echo office has a few too.

On the bright side I think these appeals are going to be reviewed and pretty much pushed aside. Well I hope anyway. If they think this is going to at least delay anything its all in vain. They won't be breaking ground on this for a long time anyway so drive on with the appeals you're only wasting your own time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

cantalach wrote: »
    Oh I agree. She’s a force of nature who gets things done. All the more reason to have a laugh at her expense. It is the Irish way.

Tweet is gone. What did it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Apogee

Horgan's Quay/Dean Timelapse

Tweet is gone. What did it say?

It was just saying what good news it was. But it had a lot of hashtags which I thought was funny. Like the SNL hashtags sketch.

Apogee wrote: »
    Horgan's Quay/Dean Timelapse

So cool to see what was a derelict zone in the city with so much potential reborn. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭rounders

Article about installation of heaters and canopies this week

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/marvellous-winter-dining-news-heaters-19282713

Advertisement