Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork developments

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

There’s an article about the Cork property market in the SBP today which mainly is a rundown on yields and rents but there were 2 bits of news:

* Construction on the Prism is to start shortly after the completed site clearance
    * JCD are working on design detail for the Albert Quay tower

I passed along the Kinsale Road Roundabout flyover yesterday and noticed again that the Carey Tools site was flooded. Wonder if there’s a separate issue there complicating things also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Apogee wrote: »
    Horgan's Quay/Dean Timelapse

Did anyone else notice the bottom left of the clip doesn't change .. the train at the left platform doesn't move , the cars don't change ,even the plants at the bottom left never get leaves ..
    But everything else moves ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cantalach

marno21 wrote: »
    I passed along the Kinsale Road Roundabout flyover yesterday and noticed again that the Carey Tools site was flooded. Wonder if there’s a separate issue there complicating things also.

Yes, I think that point has been discussed before in relation to that site. Presumably the levels could be built up quite a lot, albeit at a cost. A bigger issue to my mind is access. The only way in would be from the southbound carriageway of the N27, and the only way out is back onto the southbound N27, but at a point that is very close to the filter lane for the N40. Will TII have a veto over that?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Markcheese wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice the bottom left of the clip doesn't change .. the train at the left platform doesn't move , the cars don't change ,even the plants at the bottom left never get leaves ..

Ha - yeah thats true, you can see a rectangle thats cut out and light doesnt even change. Maybe to do with logo that flashes up? Or a choice to keep something constant for some reason. Odd though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Apogee

Markcheese wrote: »

Deliberately edited for privacy concerns I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭snotboogie

There’s an article about the Cork property market in the SBP today which mainly is a rundown on yields and rents but there were 2 bits of news:

* Construction on the Prism is to start shortly after the completed site clearance

Is there site cleanance ongoing at the Prism?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

snotboogie wrote: »
    Is there site cleanance ongoing at the Prism?

I walked past it ~30 mins ago, nothing to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

cantalach wrote: »
    Yes, I think that point has been discussed before in relation to that site. Presumably the levels could be built up quite a lot, albeit at a cost. A bigger issue to my mind is access. The only way in would be from the southbound carriageway of the N27, and the only way out is back onto the southbound N27, but at a point that is very close to the filter lane for the N40. Will TII have a veto over that?

Kerry Foods used to have a distribution and storage center in that new Carey's Tools site, that area used not flood when their premises was there and this flooding issue may only be a problem with drainage with I imagine is easily solved.

As regards the access road, that used to be the approach road to Vernon Mount long before the N40 and roundabout were built, I imagine there is some sort of a public right of way associated with that road, could that put a spanner in the works for an veto by TII ?

A crew working in Finns Corner tonight. Did we hear what’s going in there?

No mention of Eason's in this article.

Iconic Cork building could be set for a new lease of life

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The last crane has come down today at the Brewery Quarter. You’d imagine there won’t be anything moving there for some time now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭rounders

Virtual consultation is up and running for the M20

https://www.pinpointcloud.co.uk/nm20virtualconsultation/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

The last crane has come down today at the Brewery Quarter. You’d imagine there won’t be anything moving there for some time now

They are considering turning a second sod on the events centre. Not any more mind you but just to give the first sod they turned some company :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Spotted this on the way home today. Anyone got any more information on this? Hopefully something will finally be built here. Literally anything would be better that the boarded up wasteland that's there at the moment.

Screenshot-20201119-224538-Gallery.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭blindsider

Where is that? Don't recognise it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭TheChizler

blindsider wrote: »
    Where is that? Don't recognise it.......

Across from the coliseum I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Spotted this on the way home today. Anyone got any more information on this? Hopefully something will finally be built here. Literally anything would be better that the boarded up wasteland that's there at the moment.

Screenshot-20201119-224538-Gallery.jpg

It has a very narrow foot print but has potential, there used to be a single story sweetshop/newsagents there up until the 80's, I did see plans for something years ago but your right, anything would be better that the empty space that's there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Has the coffee shop nearby there across from Leisure plex opened yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Seamai wrote: »
    It has a very narrow foot print but has potential, there used to be a single story sweetshop/newsagents there up until the 80's, I did see plans for something years ago but your right, anything would be better that the empty space that's there now.

It was also a tiny filling station for most of that time, too. Well into the 90s, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭swampgas

It was also a tiny filling station for most of that time, too. Well into the 90s, I'd say.

Originally there was a railway track running in a curve through that section, from the station over the bridge. That's why it's such an odd shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

swampgas wrote: »
    Originally there was a railway track running in a curve through that section, from the station over the bridge. That's why it's such an odd shape.

Yes, that diagonal walkway is evidence of that.
    I remember tracks on the streets there and going over Brian Buru and Clontarf bridges.
    Those tracks lasted a long time after the trains stopped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

This would be a nice outdoor seating area if they cleared the strip and just widened the footpath.

Nope, looks like it's been kitted out still.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/property/commercial/arid-40085555.html

Crows Nest to miss planned Sep 2021 opening date due to Covid-19.

UCC also plan to begin construction on the new business school development (the old Trinity Quarter plan) in early 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Just looked up the application, it's for ground floor retail, with three 2-bed apartments overhead.

Planning permission granted for hotel at iconic Cork city centre site

Go ahead for the hotel on the Coliseum site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭TheChizler

opus wrote: »
    End of an era but at least they're keeping the facade of the old sorting office. I know a couple of years ago we were saying there was undersupply in Cork hotel rooms, but are we at risk of oversupply if most of the ones in the pipeline go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Don’t think so. I think you’re talking about the Unity garage on Alfred st./lower rd.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

TheChizler wrote: »
    End of an era but at least they're keeping the facade of the old sorting office. I know a couple of years ago we were saying there was undersupply in Cork hotel rooms, but are we at risk of oversupply if most of the ones in the pipeline go ahead?

I was looking at it Wednesday and I can't see why they would want to keep that wall, it's of no architectural value from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Seamai wrote: »
    I was looking at it Wednesday and I can't see why they would want to keep that wall, it's of no architectural value from what I can see.

I worked there as a postman until they moved to Ellington st in the early 80’s. The red brick facing the river is definitely worth keeping. I thought that had been developed into apartments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Dean Hotel are opening soon it looks like, they're taking bookings from December 10th according to their site. The area is coming along nicely. Steps down from Lwr Glanmire Rd nearing opening too.

https://twitter.com/Treb_Cork/status/1329847834112389124?s=19

Advertisement