Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir Broadband and Phone - can I go back to PSTN?

Options
  • 16-04-2018 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭

Hello Talk to eir,

since I re-joined eir in March I've been on vobb for home phone. But for technical reasons I’d prefer regular pstn home phone. So my question is can I return from vobb to PSTN? And what do I have to do to make this happen? Can you advise?

Thank you & Best Regards

Fritti

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hello Talk to eir,

since I re-joined eir in March I've been on vobb for home phone. But for technical reasons I’d prefer regular pstn home phone. So my question is can I return from vobb to PSTN? And what do I have to do to make this happen? Can you advise?

Thank you & Best Regards

Fritti
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Hi CalamariFritti, [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]I'm afraid we don't support 3rd party phones or devices with this service, it can only be used through our F2000 router.  [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]It's not possible to swap the service back from VoBB to PSTN, this would require you cancelling down the existing service and ordering a brand new PSTN service. The customer care team on 1901 would be able to advise you further on this and arrange it if you wish to go ahead. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]I'm sorry it's not better news. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Tracey [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Thanks and no it’s not good news. Especially since I never ordered vobb in the first place and I came from a pstn line.

But thanks for the info. Will call them.

Fritti

Edit: Called them and no problem, no cancellation required, thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks and no it’s not good news. Especially since I never ordered vobb in the first place and I came from a pstn line.

But thanks for the info. Will call them.

Fritti

Edit: Called them and no problem, no cancellation required, thanks again.
    No problem. 

I'm delighted to hear you got this sorted. Thanks for the update. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement