Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop won't load

Options
  • 16-04-2018 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

It's a two year old Acer running Windows 10.

Yesterday I got the message that it was installing updates and would take a few minutes. 4.5 hours later I got fed up and re-started it :o. Now it won't load properly. It boots up and I get to enter my password but then I get the egg timer flashing on and off and nothing happens.

I've gone into the task master setting and there's nothing un-responsive. I've re-started it dozens of time but it's still stuck.

Anyone any idea of how to get this working? I've attached a pic of the screen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Windows version updates now re-install the entire OS each time. Interrupting that is trouble.

Create a W10 disk/USB with a working machine then boot from that and use it to repair yours. If this is double dutch - find a nerd.

Advertisement