Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serving notice to Landlord - 84 days

Options
  • 16-04-2018 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I need to give our landlord 84 days notice before ending the tenancy.

I was just wondering if I can give him the notice earlier than that? I saw on one of the website that the notice period is counted from the day after notice has been served. So does that mean I can only serve the notice 85 days before I intend to move out?

I know exactly when I want to leave, I just wanted to give him the heads up a few weeks earlier than the 84 days.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Hi
    I need to give our landlord 84 days notice before ending the tenancy.

I was just wondering if I can give him the notice earlier than that? I saw on one of the website that the notice period is counted from the day after notice has been served. So does that mean I can only serve the notice 85 days before I intend to move out?

I know exactly when I want to leave, I just wanted to give him the heads up a few weeks earlier than the 84 days.

Cheers

The notice period is the minimum notice period. You can give more notice if you want.

Advertisement