Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eir Account Number for Mobile

Options
  • 16-04-2018 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I've been a mobile customer for about 13 years (including my time with Meteor). Every 6 months roughly, I change my sim only plan. There's always new offers, so i often ring up and switch plans.... No bother. But today I said I'd try asking the people of the online chat to change me over. He said he could do it, but proceeded to ask me questions, as if I was a brand new customer. He reassured me these were just mandatory questions, no big deal. Then he mentions an 18 month contract, and I question him, and reassures me the 18 months is their guarantee that the monthly price will not increase for 18 months. Perfect, so I say to go ahead and put through the order. Then he sends me a new account number, cancels my old account, and I'm like a new customer. So I rang customer service and a lovely woman told me my account was deactivated, so she asked for an account number. I gave her my new account number, and she tells me she can't deal with me because I'm a new customer. I need to speak to customer care team 2, i think... And she was customer care 1. So I want my old account back and I want to get rid of this new account. Can you maybe ring me and please explain all this to me and arrange for my old account number back? I can't even access my old bills at the moment, and my old account was in credit, so I want this resolved asap, please! I'm absolutely raging about the whole thing. It was not explained that I was going to be given a new account number, and I couldn't get customer care of the call centre in dublin anymore. That's my main issue. Tara

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

GlowStick wrote: »
    I've been a mobile customer for about 13 years (including my time with Meteor). Every 6 months roughly, I change my sim only plan. There's always new offers, so i often ring up and switch plans.... No bother. But today I said I'd try asking the people of the online chat to change me over. He said he could do it, but proceeded to ask me questions, as if I was a brand new customer. He reassured me these were just mandatory questions, no big deal. Then he mentions an 18 month contract, and I question him, and reassures me the 18 months is their guarantee that the monthly price will not increase for 18 months. Perfect, so I say to go ahead and put through the order. Then he sends me a new account number, cancels my old account, and I'm like a new customer. So I rang customer service and a lovely woman told me my account was deactivated, so she asked for an account number. I gave her my new account number, and she tells me she can't deal with me because I'm a new customer. I need to speak to customer care team 2, i think... And she was customer care 1. So I want my old account back and I want to get rid of this new account. Can you maybe ring me and please explain all this to me and arrange for my old account number back? I can't even access my old bills at the moment, and my old account was in credit, so I want this resolved asap, please! I'm absolutely raging about the whole thing. It was not explained that I was going to be given a new account number, and I couldn't get customer care of the call centre in dublin anymore. That's my main issue. Tara
    Hi Tara, 

I'm very sorry to hear this, I understand your frustrations here. 

I'm afraid we are unable to arrange callbacks from here, however, if you PM me your accounts numbers, name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll have a look into this for you.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement