Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Purchase Survey combined with Heat Loss

Options
  • 16-04-2018 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭

I'm currently in the process of buying a house, few offers made but not yet sale agreed. I've been looking into prices for building survey and looks like looking at around 400. The thing is I'd also potentially be interested in getting a Heat Loss Survey done ( I think this is the correct term, basically a more indepth energy analysis than BER with advice on changes to make and possibly stuff like payback periods).
    Considering there would be a lot of crossover on the surveys is it possible to get them both basically carried out at the same time by the same engineer.

If anyone knows of anyone that could provide this, if they could maybe pm me details, based in North County Dublin. Or maybe its not really possible.

Appreciate pms of any recommended building surveyors in the area anyway, or heat loss survey people.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The ber is not an analysis of specifics of the individual dwelling.... It's a tool to compare like with like.

It would be a good idea for whomever is carrying out the structural Pre purchase survey to be also able to do the thermal imaging survey.

Also note, in order for the thermal imaging to be successful, there needs to be a high degree of temperature difference between inside and outside... Do you have control over the heat in the house??

Advertisement