Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotary Chimney Brush

Options
  • 16-04-2018 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,
    I have to clean my chimney soon. Its a 5" flexi flue. Was wondering if anyone has any experience using a rotary chimney brush that you attach to a drill?? Are they any good or am I better off using a traditional brush?

Thanks..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

My chimney sweep uses a rotary system, it’s a head with basically thick strummer cord whipping around, the starter kit costs a few hundred or more but it does a great job.

Personally I’m happy paying him €60 ish per sweep for the convenience and also it’s better for the house insurance I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xDerp

Bought one from Amazon, cost about sixty quid, it's called chimney typhoon or cyclone. Paid for itself on the first use and chimney was spotless. Blocked off the fireplace with the sheet provided and there was very little mess

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

xDerp wrote: »
    Bought one from Amazon, cost about sixty quid, it's called chimney typhoon or cyclone. Paid for itself on the first use and chimney was spotless. Blocked off the fireplace with the sheet provided and there was very little mess

Bought the same three years ago for €80 in local hardware shop. Works really well. I have two chimneys (with steel liners), that need cleaning twice a year - so i've saved around €400 in sweep fees during that time.

Advertisement