Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cadetship - 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 youoweme

HI Kona,

you can chose to believe me or not. This information came to me through a colleague in my current role. He was not lying. we were both discussing the process. He was told candidates have been divided into categories. The most promising category seem to have been interviewed by skype (twice), since the online assessments.

I am not bitter, I am not calling nepotism and would not reduce another persons worth or assume that Aer Lingus would pick unworthy candidates. I am delighted for my colleague he has gotten this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

youoweme wrote: »
    HI Kona,

you can chose to believe me or not. This information came to me through a colleague in my current role. He was not lying. we were both discussing the process. He was told candidates have been divided into categories. The most promising category seem to have been interviewed by skype (twice), since the online assessments.

I am not bitter, I am not calling nepotism and would not reduce another persons worth or assume that Aer Lingus would pick unworthy candidates. I am delighted for my colleague he has gotten this far.

Do tell more, so theres a promising group and a not so promising group? Did the less promising group only get 1 skype interview?
    Then theres another group who havnt been informed of anything oficially? Lets not forget the group that are family and friends of pilots. They get a bye into the rhs.:rolleyes:

Thats what i was told in relation to different categories of applicants. I am in the category that have not heard anything yet.

I hope you enjoy your bitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

I was told this,I was told that...pure bullsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dannym1991

Bussywussy wrote: »
    I was told this,I was told that...pure bullsh1t

Yeah, I'm sceptical about believing what this guys friend of a friend of a friend over heard, about the goings on in Aer Lingus HR

• Advertisement

Dannym1991 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm sceptical about believing what this guys friend of a friend of a friend over heard, about the goings on in Aer Lingus HR

Especially the promising and not so promising groups haha....i don't think they'd use Skype either...i think they've done live online interviews for cabin crew so be interesting to see which method they used

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Nepotism is a classic tactics for those who wish to deflect failure.

It's a good one to use because generally it can't be proven or disproven.

People would be better off addressing the areas they are weak at other than pointing the finger at others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭1123heavy

HI Kona,

I wouldn't be feeling too confident now myself with a colleague spouting such codswallop.
    Everyone else can ignore this, what this guy's alleged friend said is not true. They are still reviewing applications and in the coming weeks will be finalising their shortlist and letting people know who was successful/unsuccessful for the next phase.

1123heavy wrote: »
    HI Kona,

I wouldn't be feeling too confident now myself with a colleague spouting such codswallop.
    Everyone else can ignore this, what this guy's alleged friend said is not true. They are still reviewing applications and in the coming weeks will be finalising their shortlist and letting people know who was successful/unsuccessful for the next phase.

Everytime this competition comes up somebody arrives into the forum which such crap...
    remember yer man trying to keep the A330 subsonic on the east bound legs....

the information i posted previously about a person progressing to skype interviews was incorrect. He is still at the same stage as myself.

apologies for any stress caused.

• Advertisement

the information i posted previously about a person progressing to skype interviews was incorrect. He is still at the same stage as myself.

apologies for any stress caused.

No worries

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tristan100

I can't take this waiting! :(
    Into the sixth week waiting now, hopefully no news is good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

Tristan100 wrote: »
    I can't take this waiting! :(
    Into the sixth week waiting now, hopefully no news is good news!

Assessments are not being held until the 16th to 27th of July so I'd say notifications will be sent out next week

has anybody any experience of the next round (group interview) ... What it entails in detail? Where it's held? Etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

Just got an email today from the recruitment team. Thought you guys would appreciate the update

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support team!

We do appreciate that you are eager to know the outcome of your interview. The Recruitment teams are currently reviewing all interviews and will be in contact in due course.

We appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

Support

• Registered Users Posts: 27 EIHopeful

Anyone know what the next round is? I heard Group Assessment only but I also heard that they may do Group Assessment followed by panel interview- Anyone know?

EIHopeful wrote: »
    Anyone know what the next round is? I heard Group Assessment only but I also heard that they may do Group Assessment followed by panel interview- Anyone know?

I'm pretty sure there's more aptitude testing before the final interview.

So next stage is probably computer tests and group project.

Stage after that is interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BBD68822

I got a call from Aer Lingus Recruitment team. Next stage day long interviews on week of July 23.

Best of luck everyone.

BBD68822 wrote: »
    I got a call from Aer Lingus Recruitment team. Next stage day long interviews on week of July 23.

Best of luck everyone.

So you're through to the next round?
    Well done!

Yes, I did the selection process about 6 years ago and it was a group interview, short written task and a HR interview with a recruitment selection pilot. I presume it will be very much the same.

• Advertisement

Well done! Do you mind me asking where you're based? Assuming Ireland but they may be calling the ones from further afield first to give them opportunity to make arrangements.

Dublin. They did mention that this year had the highest number of applications ever.

I thought this year might set records alright! Has your status on the Aer Lingus recruitment page changed from 'Invite to pre selection online test'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I'm overseas and unreachable quite a bit and going to be over the next few days with a current 9hr time difference. Will I get an email if uncontactable?

A big well done to those who got to the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kuyashi

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I'm overseas and unreachable quite a bit and going to be over the next few days with a current 9hr time difference. Will I get an email if uncontactable?

A big well done to those who got to the next stage.

I'd recommend sending recruitment an email informing them of the same.

They won't have been able to call everyone who is progressing in one day, phone calls will most likely progress into the end of this week/start of next.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eoinryan199595

what was the number that rang you. I have a missed call just wondering what exactly it is.

Anyone get a call yet today?

Hi all,
    Can somebody clarify for me, people have received phone calls informing them of their progression to the next stage of assessments beyond that of the online assessments?

When was the earliest phone calls received, my phone was lost sand inactive for a few days so just wondering.

thanks

First one that was registered on this forum and PPrune was lunch time yesterday (Wednesday). They may have began yesterday morning but no earlier would be my understanding.

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    Can somebody clarify for me, people have received phone calls informing them of their progression to the next stage of assessments beyond that of the online assessments?

When was the earliest phone calls received, my phone was lost sand inactive for a few days so just wondering.

thanks

They would leave a voicemail if they called you anyway.

Advertisement