Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cadetship - 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

im only getting my exam results from college tomorrow, i had my last exam on the weekend after the stage 2 interview so i imagine its as bad for the review system here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 km2806

Has anybody heard anything over the weekend/today? I still haven't received a call or email..

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

I doubt there would have been any contact over the weekend. I'm patiently waiting on my rejection email any day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

EI have a dire shortage of pilots so I doubt there's many that can be reviewing these, i believe even the usually office based pilots are out flying

• Registered Users Posts: 27 EIHopeful

Anyone get a call or email today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

EIHopeful wrote: »

Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 beelzebos

EIHopeful wrote: »

Still no call or email. It looks like we must be on some sort of reserve list in case someone pulls out but that's just my speculation...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cormacc

I'm in the no call / no email group and nothing today

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dazzler91

I'm in the no email or call list also, the waitings tough but I'm expecting the worst at this stage, it's unnerving.

I still haven't heard so decided to email them, got this response:
    [font=Times New Roman,serif][font=Calibri,sans-serif][font=Calibri, sans-serif]"Our team is still processing these applications. We hope to get back to you within a week or two."[/font][/font][/font]
    [font=Times New Roman,serif][font=Calibri,sans-serif][font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font][/font][/font]
    [font=Times New Roman,serif][font=Calibri,sans-serif][font=Calibri, sans-serif]So don't give up hope yet! The waiting is killing me though![/font][/font][/font]

• Advertisement

km2806 wrote: »
    [font=Times New Roman,serif][font=Calibri,sans-serif][font=Calibri, sans-serif]"Our team is still processing these applications. We hope to get back to you within a week or two."[/font][/font][/font]
    [font=Times New Roman,serif][font=Calibri,sans-serif][font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font][/font][/font]
    [font=Times New Roman,serif][font=Calibri,sans-serif][font=Calibri, sans-serif]So don't give up hope yet! The waiting is killing me though![/font][/font][/font]

Sure no news is good news I suppose....

Dazzler91 wrote: »

Sure no news is good news I suppose....
    I'm thinking the same about no news is good news but if I'm called I'll need to arrange flights and the longer they leave it, the more expensive the flights home will be

cormacc wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same about no news is good news but if I'm called I'll need to arrange flights and the longer they leave it, the more expensive the flights home will be
    Well that's a bit unfair, hope the flights ain't too far. Side note, got a call from a number I didnt know, and missed it. Lucky it was just spam callers from Guinea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Still this....

It's almost like being a teenager again, ringing the house phone from somewhere else to make sure it's working and that that's not the reason some young wan isn't calling...

The good news is that it looks like people are still getting calls going from the posts on pprune

Over on pprune there is a voting system, currently 223 people have responded, 84% are in the no call/no email group like myself, 15% have heard and have an interview. 1% got the rejection email. 
    Assuming there are more rejection emails received than that because you wouldn't be following these threads if you weren't successful. 
    Looks like we will be waiting a while!

Seems like rejection emails have been going out today also, wondering if they get sent out daily in one go or staggered in the day.....

I sent them an email and got the following response: 
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Calibri, sans-serif]Good Afternoon,[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thank you for your email. Our team is still processing these applications. We hope to get back to you within a week or two.[/font][/font]

I'd like to hope there is a backlog and this is the reason so many haven't received feedback yet and they'll be extending the date of the 27th to accommodate the short notice but in saying that there wasn't much notice given for the online assessments either so the short notice could be another way of cutting down the numbers

Day 5,000 waiting in the no call and no email group, I'll be grand once I just know either way but gosh darn this waiting is torture :P How's everyone else feeling today? I hope some of us get some good news, well I'd like all of us too get it but that seems unlikely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Dazzler91 wrote: »
    Day 5,000 waiting in the no call and no email group, I'll be grand once I just know either way but gosh darn this waiting is torture :P How's everyone else feeling today? I hope some of us get some good news, well I'd like all of us too get it but that seems unlikely

Pretty frustrated given how close it is to the assessment centre date. At the minute it seems unlikely but I would like to know as based on the other side of the world. Kind of wondering if there has been an issue with data loss or something hence the delay in dispatching rejection emails.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Pretty frustrated given how close it is to the assessment centre date. At the minute it seems unlikely but I would like to know as based on the other side of the world. Kind of wondering if there has been an issue with data loss or something hence the delay in dispatching rejection emails.

Oh I'd be beyond shocked with anything more than a no at this point but, just to have clarification would stop driving me crazy. I dunno what the reason for the delay is really, maybe there's not one and there's just so many applications it's taking longer than expected....

Did anybody hear anything yesterday or today?

Did anybody hear anything yesterday or today?

I've seen some people got the NO email on pprune but thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I'm going to imagine I was in AL HR and had to pick say 150 candidates from say 5000 applicants. I'd go to the aptitude tests and pick the top 300 sets of results. I'd have a team review the interviews and suggest the top 200. Then I'd have that filtered to the top 150 and call them, keeping the remaining 50 in reserve for drop-outs. At the same time, I'd start letting the "definite no" know, but not so many that I'd be left with no reserves. When all places were filled, I'd start letting all but the main reserves know they were unsuccessful.

They may not have let most people know either way yet but I think anyone who's getting a golden ticket knows by now.

Ah well - it was a nice flight of fancy (pun intended).

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    I'm going to imagine I was in AL HR and had to pick say 150 candidates from say 5000 applicants. I'd go to the aptitude tests and pick the top 300 sets of results. I'd have a team review the interviews and suggest the top 200. Then I'd have that filtered to the top 150 and call them, keeping the remaining 50 in reserve for drop-outs. At the same time, I'd start letting the "definite no" know, but not so many that I'd be left with no reserves. When all places were filled, I'd start letting all but the main reserves know they were unsuccessful.

They may not have let most people know either way yet but I think anyone who's getting a golden ticket knows by now.

Yup this seems a sensible way of viewing it mate, id say your right

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    I'm going to imagine I was in AL HR and had to pick say 150 candidates from say 5000 applicants. I'd go to the aptitude tests and pick the top 300 sets of results. I'd have a team review the interviews and suggest the top 200. Then I'd have that filtered to the top 150 and call them, keeping the remaining 50 in reserve for drop-outs.  At the same time, I'd start letting the "definite no" know, but not so many that I'd be left with no reserves. When all places were filled, I'd start letting all but the main reserves know they were unsuccessful.

I went for the air corps and it was a similar but much more straight forward process.
    Everyone does the online aptitude tests and then emails were sent about assessment days/ not getting through. There was no reserves from what I gathered. If someone couldn't make it, it was one less person for them to consider at the end. They're pretty quick to stop people progressing for whatever reason

Has there been any call or emails at all today? its scarily quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 spartan5power

Anyone else heard anything? Are they even going to reply to everybody?

Anyone else heard anything? Are they even going to reply to everybody?

It'd be very odd to tell some people no and blank others so I say they'll tell us all, sure it's an easy email to send

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

some of their replies come in your spam mail so check there

Advertisement