Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cadetship - 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Shambolic and a tad incompetent from AL as the assessment centre dates get closer. Have they lost all our email addresses? Very unlikely but I'm inclined to think there is an issue with the data. Why can a generic email not be distributed to a mailing list with those who are not successful? Its not difficult.

Anyway at this stage the logistics of getting to Dublin are not feasible for me so checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 km2806

Did anybody get a call or an email over the weekend? Im still in the dark here!
    Best of luck to those starting interviews this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cormacc

km2806 wrote: »
    Nope. Still finding it hard to understand how some rejections have been sent and then others are left in the dark

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dazzler91

Nope, heard nothing, I finally caved though and sent them an email asking them of any update. I feel it's quite bad form to leave people in the dark even after assessments have begun. Though by emailing I'll have probably sealed my faith if there was any minute chance of progression.

Dazzler91 wrote: »
    Nope, heard nothing, I finally caved though and sent them an email asking them of any update. I feel it's quite bad form to leave people in the dark even after assessments have begun. Though by emailing I'll have probably sealed my faith if there was any minute chance of progression.
    I emailed them last week to get an update and they just replied saying they will be in contact in the next week or 2! I think its a standard reply they are sending to anyone sending emails? I have a feeling we will know our fate by the end of this week..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

At this stage, it's not going to happen for anyone who hasn't been called already. It only remains for the formal notification to confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

It's funny because I know a good few that have applied and not a sinner has heard anything,my take is that they don't have the staff to go through assessments during peak summer..is there anybody here regular that was called? Pprune is full of bullsh1tters too so wouldn't believe anything there.

I emailed them last week to get an update and they just replied saying they will be in contact in the next week or 2! I think its a standard reply they are sending to anyone sending emails? I have a feeling we will know our fate by the end of this week..
    Yeah, just got the reply from them stating that they'll inform people in due course via email, so maybe I'm reading too much into the words used but via email really does denote a negative status.

Dazzler91 wrote: »
    Yeah, just got the reply from them stating that they'll inform people in due course via email, so maybe I'm reading too much into the words used but via email really does denote a negative status.
    Last week my email from them said they're still processing applications and they hoped to get back to me within the next two weeks. I'd be more surprised if people are called at short notice as who can take a day off or arrange a flight to be back the next day? I know if I asked my boss at short notice for the next day off he'd be asking why. I also couldn't justify the cost of the flights on short notice

• Registered Users Posts: 19 youoweme

Personally i think its a  disgrace on AL's part not to have informed those who were unsuccessful before the next stage begins.

im not bitter about not being called i just think its common courtesy to thank people for applying and let them know their fate.
    Good luck to all who got through!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

youoweme wrote: »
    Personally i think its a  disgrace on AL's part not to have informed those who were unsuccessful before the next stage begins.

im not bitter about not being called i just think its common courtesy to thank people for applying and let them know their fate.
    Good luck to all who got through!

Your absolutly correct. Fully agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 EIHopeful

It's a bit gutting but we signed up to something that was most likely going to disappoint! Vast numbers apply and they clearly don't employ enough people to manage that number of applications. Their priority (and instructions) is to get their cadets and clean up the splatter when they have the time later. It's like this every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jenni_495

Not to be getting ahead of myself but if you are successful at this interview/ assessment stage is there more stages afterwards or is it just the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Planes 1997

jenni_495 wrote: »
    Not to be getting ahead of myself but if you are successful at this interview/ assessment stage is there more stages afterwards or is it just the medical?

Did you get an assessment date? I believe you would be correct with that. I have heard from a reliable source EI are looking to take on 40 cadets but obviously not at the same time due to restriction in class size

Taking on 24. 12 in November and 12 in January. Running the recruitment stage as 1 group so don't anyone get their hopes up that the calls might be staggered.

EIHopeful wrote: »
    Taking on 24. 12 in November and 12 in January. Running the recruitment stage as 1 group so don't anyone get their hopes up that the calls might be staggered.
    Is this what they have done in previous years? Did you hear this from someone who has gone through the programme?

Any word?? Getting impatient now.

Any word?? Getting impatient now.
    According to pprune people are still getting rejections and the no call/ no email are reserves with a handful of people to be called next week. Also, someone said they never completed the online assessments and is also in the no call/ no email.
    I don't know how true the reserves thing is as no one has commented about getting a call since the start of the week. 
    The assessment center dates were for this week and next week so if we don't hear by the end of next week, most likely we won't hear anything and its like when you apply for a job and they never get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Can't believe it!! Just got a call to attend the centre on Monday. I'd thought that was it for me this year.

So don't be despondent, you may still hear!!

Delighted for you! I'd say the adrenaline was pumping on that phone call! Well done, fingers crossed for the rest of us!

• Advertisement

irishejit wrote: »
    Can't believe it!! Just got a call to attend the centre on Monday. I'd thought that was it for me this year.

Congratulations Pal, hope you do well after they left you stressing so long

irishejit wrote: »

Congratulations! I was quickly losing hope this week hearing nothing, fingers crossed a few more get the call.
    Best of luck with the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BBD68822

Is that confirmed?

It's what I heard from a fairly good source. Nothing is certain with this process I feel!

My own analysis; They had 24 in each day of the current stage, 10 days, 240 total and based on what I heard from someone that was in on Monday they seem to be taking between 3 and 4 from each day. This will leave them with a pool of approx 30 to 40 at the end from which they will take 24 cadets.

Roughly a 70% success rate from their pool of say 35, gives them a margin for medical failures etc. I'd say that's close but who knows.

Miss call from *+353 (1) 213 1500‬ hardly EI is it? No voicemail was left and keeps ringing out

Miss call from *+353 (1) 213 1500‬ hardly EI is it? No voicemail was left and keeps ringing out
    EI is an 886 number. Sorry...

It's what I heard from a fairly good source. Nothing is certain with this process I feel!

My own analysis; They had 24 in each day of the current stage, 10 days, 240 total and based on what I heard from someone that was in on Monday they seem to be taking between 3 and 4 from each day. This will leave them with a pool of approx 30 to 40 at the end from which they will take 24 cadets.

Roughly a 70% success rate from their pool of say 35, gives them a margin for medical failures etc. I'd say that's close but who knows.
    Have they ever run 2 courses in one year like this before? 24 each day with a 10% pass rate. cut throat!

Yeah, it's horribly cut-throat! Having 2 courses in one year is unprecedented I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Final07RBT

Spoke recently to a close friend who attended Monday, says there were 7800 applications cut down to 234 over 10 days

They did two tasks in the morning and then the top 50% made it to the afternoon for an interview

Two intakes nov and jan.

• Advertisement

Anyone hear anything today?

Advertisement