Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alannah or Emilia baby name?

Options
  • 16-04-2018 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,196 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If it helps, think of the 'short' version as people will end up using that also...so possibly 'Lana' versus 'Emi' or 'Lia'?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

ElleWoods wrote: »
    Always loved the name Emilia and italian names in general but with the now super popular Amelia I'm not as keen. There were 4 Sarahs in my class in secondary school so I don't want that for my child plus her name would always be spelled incorrectly as Amelia is more popular and they sound the same.

Recently I came across the name Alannah which is obviously an irish name, and I've never been big on Irish names, not that I dislike them just I never loved any particular one. I do really like the meaning of the name 'little one or darling child'. While it is still in the top 100 it is a lot less popular.

Just wondering what peoples opinions are of Alannah or Emilia?

Alannah.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love the name Alannah, it has a few different origins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Rod Stewart’s first wife is Alannah. That’s what Alannah is to me. She was pretty high maintenance .
    Emilia is lovely but your child will be spelling it out for people all her life.
    I am that girl and believe me it is tedious after 53 years.
    Ann/Anne is much nicer.

Advertisement