Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gaming PC build - mid range

Options
  • 16-04-2018 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey guys :)

1. What is your budget? €800-€1000

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Purely gaming. I have a mbp that does everything else. It'll mainly be used for playing fortnite + other BR games for now but will also play shooters. Looking to run these games at high performances if possible.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? I don't think so. I do have a laptop with a current version of windows 10 that I don't need anymore so is there a way for me to swap this over? If not then the answers yes!

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 22''-24''

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Have no peripherals and would like to buy a good mouse (with extra buttons if possible - moving from console to PC!) And keyboard!

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? I'm quite tech savvy so im going to say yes and assume its something I could learn to do quite quickly

8. How can you pay? Card

9. When are you purchasing? Within the next week or two

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin but could potentially build it myself.

Thanks guys! I'm open to any suggestions and the budget can be extended if needed. I'd ideally like something I can upgrade piece by piece in the future if needs be!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'd wait till Ryzen+ is released at the end of the week. I think it is Thursday or Friday. The two most expensive parts will be RAM and graphics card as they prices of both are crazy at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

I'd wait till Ryzen+ is released at the end of the week. I think it is Thursday or Friday. The two most expensive parts will be RAM and graphics card as they prices of both are crazy at the minute.

Yeah I've heard the prices are crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

So yeah if someone could spec this for me, that would be great! Have been looking at bits but want to make sure everything is balanced! Would also consider looking at a very good condition second hand prebuilt machine if anyone is selling/knows of one available

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

11521323 wrote: »
    So yeah if someone could spec this for me, that would be great! Have been looking at bits but want to make sure everything is balanced! Would also consider looking at a very good condition second hand prebuilt machine if anyone is selling/knows of one available

There is only one or two people on the forum that spec builds for people so you may have to wait till they either have the time or bother to do a build up. I comment a lot but never spec up builds as I find it too time consuming.

As I said a few posts up wait till Ryzen + is released Thursday or Friday as it is looking to be pretty decent and reasonably priced.

Advertisement