Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub Competitions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Ronney wrote: »
    I agree with you in principal but In practice it’s not always that straight forward. At the lower hc end for example guys could be off laying in the east/west/ etc and representing a province and not get many home club cards in.

Similarly lads could be living in Dublin for example and playing plenty of opens but there home club is bac down the country in their home town.

Do you pick your best team available or the guys who turn up every week..... every managers conundrum

I'd play those guys away, huge asset to have. Keep the lads playing every week at home, at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotzie

Anybody know what the maximum and minimum combination are for the new Fred Perry Fourball interclub comp introduced by the GUI this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

Dotzie wrote: »
    Anybody know what the maximum and minimum combination are for the new Fred Perry Fourball interclub comp introduced by the GUI this year?

As far as i know, its just an age thing, 55 and over

Dbu wrote: »
    As far as i know, its just an age thing, 55 and over

Just doing a few bits and pieces on interun for clubs new website and just don't have any information on this new comp other than it's Fourball and over 55's.

There's no handicap min or max listed on draw sheet so it looks like you are correct. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Look back to a post on 19/12/18 on this and that gives you the criteria...

• Advertisement

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Look back to a post on 19/12/18 on this and that gives you the criteria...

Perfect thanks I missed that when looking the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Perfect thanks I missed that when looking the post.
    That post was wrong about no spitting of the teams its the best of 5 matches with the 1st club drawn at home having 3 at their Gaff. There is still squat on the GUI site re terms and conditions.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 icefrog

whatt?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

Just doing a few bits and pieces on interun for clubs new website and just don't have any information on this new comp other than it's Fourball and over 55's.

There's no handicap min or max listed on draw sheet so it looks like you are correct. Thanks for the reply.

Looks like no Min HC and max combined is 42.

https://www.golfnet.ie/sites/ContentControl/About%20Us%20Listing%20Assets/2019%20Cups%20and%20%20Shields%20Matrix.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

icefrog wrote: »
    whatt?

Gaff = your home club
    Squat (usually preceeded by diddly) = nothing:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Gaff = your home club
    Squat (usually preceeded by diddly) = nothing:P

And something about no spitting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Anyone any info on what happened between Naas and Carton in the Barton shield at the weekend?

Lengthy ruling resulting in Carton going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Remind me wrote: »
    Anyone any info on what happened between Naas and Carton in the Barton shield at the weekend?

Lengthy ruling resulting in Carton going through.

A lot of stuff on twitter about it.

Carton signed for an incorrect score as they had not applied a penalty to themselves and from the comments on twitter it seems like the penalty was a fairly obvious one and was listed in the local rules provided on the first tee.

GUI have a response stating not applying the penalty thus resulting in an incorrect lower score is not grounds for DQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

A lot of stuff on twitter about it.

Carton signed for an incorrect score as they had not applied a penalty to themselves and from the comments on twitter it seems like the penalty was a fairly obvious one and was listed in the local rules provided on the first tee.

GUI have a response stating not applying the penalty thus resulting in an incorrect lower score is not grounds for DQ.

That's pretty much it.

The penalty should of been a pretty obvious one in my opinion.

There was multiple penalty areas (wooded areas) throughout the course that are clearly marked with a red and white stake (unusual in itself). It was clearly stated on the first tee, and on the back of the score card, that if you hit it into these areas, then you must take relief under penalty. You actually can't enter these areas to retrieve your ball...something to do with these areas being owned by or leased to Coillte.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

What was the course they played on?

I didnt think it was possible to have a penalty area not red or yellow? In which case they seem to be removing an option of relief to play as it lies?
    Local rule or not sounds to me like they should be marking these areas as GUR if they dont want people playing from them?
    I would have thought you cant introduce a local rule to apply a new type of penalty area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

I didnt think it was possible to have a penalty area not red or yellow? In which case they seem to be removing an option of relief to play as it lies?
    Local rule or not sounds to me like they should be marking these areas as GUR if they dont want people playing from them?
    I would have thought you cant introduce a local rule to apply a new type of penalty area.

You can have a penalty area that is also a no play zone. Meaning the option of play as you lies is no longer an option. Not necessarily a local rule

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

You can have a penalty area that is also a no play zone. Meaning the option of play as you lies is no longer an option. Not necessarily a local rule

Didnt realise this. Never seen it before.

Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

It’s sounds like whole thing was handled badly

Didnt realise this. Never seen it before.

Thanks for the info :)

I haven't seen it in too many places but the option is there. Safety would be the main reason where OB might be too harsh and allowing play from the penalty area would be too dangerous. eg snakes, crocs or a maintenance area where staff could be working etc

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

where are the All ireland finals being held this year. Am i right thinking they are back to moving around the provinces to individual clubs and not in carton house anymore

• Advertisement

where are the All ireland finals being held this year. Am i right thinking they are back to moving around the provinces to individual clubs and not in carton house anymore

Westport as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

Yeah Westport on the 20th - 22nd of September. Was played last year in Thurles, so it looks like it has been moved away from Carton House.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Surprise surprise, nenagh cruising through Munster in the Jimmy bruen.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

It was on in Millicent

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

On Munster GUI site it is saying that the Ring of Kerry has withdrawn after winning the Pierce Purcell section in Newcastlewest. The 3 teams they beat are now back in with Ballybunion -v- winners Newcastle West/Kanturk. Does anyone know what happened with Ring of Kerry having to withdraw?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Westport as far as I know

Played Westport the weekend, its in reasonable condition. I think they are holding back on getting it to peak condition for the finals. Nice to see the finals coming west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Played McDonnell Cup last weekend for St Margaret's in Clontarf. Great match. Clontarf won 3-2 overall but all 5 matches were really close, 2 going to extra holes. My partner sunk a clutch putt from 20 feet to half the 18th and give us a 1-up victory with the last putt of the round.
    The match was played in great spirit, with both sides conversing, helping to find each other's ball etc throughout.
    Had a lovely meal and a good bit of banter afterwards. I wish Clontarf all the best in future round(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

Poker Face wrote: »
    On Munster GUI site it is saying that the Ring of Kerry has withdrawn after winning the Pierce Purcell section in Newcastlewest. The 3 teams they beat are now back in with Ballybunion -v- winners Newcastle West/Kanturk. Does anyone know what happened with Ring of Kerry having to withdraw?

that is rather unusual alright, would like to see the explanation to that one. Most likely incorrect handicaps or ineligible players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Surprise surprise, nenagh cruising through Munster in the Jimmy bruen.

Makes you wonder what's the point of entering these competitions when a team manager says "we've been preparing for this for the last two years lads". How do you prepare for bruen two years in advance?? Gotta be minding handicaps yeah??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

Makes you wonder what's the point of entering these competitions when a team manager says "we've been preparing for this for the last two years lads". How do you prepare for bruen two years in advance?? Gotta be minding handicaps yeah??

Think the Munster final is in Nenagh this year, so they have obviously taken it very seriously

Advertisement