Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub Competitions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

paulos53 wrote: »
    kod12 wrote: »
    any word on the Hermitage and
    tuam game?

2-1 to Hermitage from the first 3 matches.
    Game 4 is All Square after 16
    Games 5 is 2 up to Tuam after 16

https://www.golfnet.ie/guilive#/competition/1421552/teammatch/221915
    Perfect thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Ronney wrote: »
    Apologies your correct, that hot bed of golf just amazes me at times..

just looking at the live scoring.. +4 after 11, +5 after 9 + 3 after 9...

Interested to see what scores are winning holes - Pity they don't go to that level of detail

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ormondman

Rikand wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Closer than expected alright.

What a phenomenal victory for Athenry in the Barton Shield. A club with a great youth policy. Well and truly deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dbu wrote: »
    I think this may be a bridge too far (even for Athlone;))

Looks like we left it a touch too late.

Match 1 have gotten ahead and match 3 are back to level. Need match 5 to make a strong comeback for any chance but looking like a 3-2 loss at best which is still a serious result against that opposition

And its over. Congratulations Nenagh. Champions once again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

Well Done to Nenagh Golf Club - a very strong team by the looks of the scoreline's in the semi and the final ! 2016 & 2018 PP champions! ! Enjoy the celebrations!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Congrats tom the Hermo. Tough game in store v Kinsale tomorrow.. Will hit the road in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

unusual the PP match was on a Friday... why was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Can anyone confirm if the Paul Cutler playing for Portrush in senior cup today is the one that used to be the top ameteur in ireland??

Didn’t hear that he had given up being a pro

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

Well Done to Nenagh Golf Club - a very strong team by the looks of the scoreline's in the semi and the final ! 2016 & 2018 PP champions! ! Enjoy the celebrations!
    Won’t be much of a celebration, half the team are pensioners seemingly, early night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Dormy

Fantastic win for Kinsale in Jimmy Bruen at Thurles yesterday.
    Won on 19th after a great comeback by Hermitage as they were 3 down with 3 to play an hour before that
    Hard luck to Hermitage but magnificent day for Kinsale in 1st ever appearance in All Irelands at any level
    https://www.facebook.com/golfingunionofireland/videos/2166556180266858/?comment_id=1893163184134200&notif_id=1538900173036275&notif_t=comment_mention

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Can anyone confirm if the Paul Cutler playing for Portrush in senior cup today is the one that used to be the top ameteur in ireland??

Didn’t hear that he had given up being a pro

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/golf/geoff-lenehan-leads-portmarnock-to-20th-senior-cup-1.3654644

Its him alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Anyone have the list of venues for 2019 Cups and Shields?

Was talking to someone that had seen the Leinster ones but he couldn't remember any of the local clubs hosting near me.

Anyone have the list of venues for 2019 Cups and Shields?

Was talking to someone that had seen the Leinster ones but he couldn't remember any of the local clubs hosting near me.

Nothing on the site yet but the Leinster AGM is next Monday night and they are normally available at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Exactly wrote: »
    Nothing on the site yet but the Leinster AGM is next Monday night and they are normally available at this.

Pretty sure they only go up there when the draws are made but I know all the host venues have been decided at this stage

Pretty sure they only go up there when the draws are made but I know all the host venues have been decided at this stage

Correct. The fixture list I meant as to who was hosting what and when.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭SEORG

Pierce Purcell returns to straight Foursomes in 2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

SEORG wrote: »

Just saw that.. motion passed by a large majority. I thought the change of format to Greensomes last year was a good idea for PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

HighLine wrote: »
    Just saw that.. motion passed by a large majority. I thought the change of format to Greensomes last year was a good idea for PP.

That didn't last long. Heard there were some really crazy pairings with scores to match this year. Maybe that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Foursomes much better imo.

• Advertisement

Greensomes. Haha are you American. Haven't heard scotch called that in ages

I thought scotch foursomes was brilliant for PP. Straight foursomes can be incredibly penal. Surprised to see it go straight back

Rikand wrote: »
    I thought scotch foursomes was brilliant for PP. Straight foursomes can be incredibly penal. Surprised to see it go straight back

Snap

Seve OB wrote: »
    Greensomes. Haha are you American. Haven't heard scotch called that in ages

It's the terminology the GUI give it...
    3. Format
    a) Each team shall consist of ten members and play shall be by Greensomes (also known as “Scotch
    Foursomes”) medal play or match play. Greensomes, in either form of play, is prescribed as follows:

It's the terminology the GUI give it...

Lol. Obviously none of them are members in Irish clubs :)

Seve OB wrote: »
    Lol. Obviously none of them are members in Irish clubs :)

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

SEORG wrote: »

The right format. Scotch was slow and some funny scores coming from it

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Dates and venues for Munster are on golfnet site

First round of Senior Cup will now be strokeplay in Leinster from 2019.

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    The right format. Scotch was slow and some funny scores coming from it

Yes, its much better and faster when fellas are out there shooting 100+ in qualifying.

whatever can be said about the format change, it didnt change the simplest fact that the dominant clubs were still dominant

Advertisement