Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC linking two panels.

• 17-04-2018 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all. New to this boards. Hopefully someone can help.
    I have two hkc 1070 panels. One older model and one newer. Had to get the newer model to work the app on so i set up the older one in a shed. Just wondering what would be the easiest way to hook up the panel in the shed to the newer panel in the house. Have a poly poly between them so there is lots of cores. Want it that if panel in shed goes off (alarms) that it will set off the other panel and come up on the app. Will i have to pull in a 12v relay on an output in shed panel and make or break a zone in house panel through it.
    Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Install an interposing relay in the shed alarm panel. Connect an output from the shed alarm to the coil of the relay (the coil must be 12 VDC) so that the output drives the relay. Programme the shed alarm so that in the event of an alarm the relay will de-energize. Connect an EOL (end of line) resistor in series with a pair of NO (normally open) contacts on the relay. Using the poly / poly connect the NO contact and EOL resistor to a detection zone on the house alarm. This should mean that the house alarm will read the shed EOL resistor at all times except when the shed alarm is in alarm. Programme the house alarm so that it monitors the shed zone status. When this zone opens the house alarm should activate. Use a spare pair on the poly / poly as a tamper circuit for the same zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Take out the old panel and replace with a zone expander for the 1070 and keypad if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Patmustard2018

Thanks for the suggestions.
    If i was going to use a relay, what way does the outputs on the panel work. There is two outputs on the panel but where do you take the negative from or do i even use them. Can you take an output from the zones some way.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Patmustard2018

Thanks also fred funk. I could use an expander but just thought i'd use the second panel when i had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi all. New to this boards. Hopefully someone can help.
    I have two hkc 1070 panels. One older model and one newer. Had to get the newer model to work the app on so i set up the older one in a shed. Just wondering what would be the easiest way to hook up the panel in the shed to the newer panel in the house. Have a poly poly between them so there is lots of cores. Want it that if panel in shed goes off (alarms) that it will set off the other panel and come up on the app. Will i have to pull in a 12v relay on an output in shed panel and make or break a zone in house panel through it.
    Any info appreciated. Thanks.

You could of just updated the software on the older 1070 to get it working.

• Advertisement
Advertisement