Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does VOIP take to turn on after installation?

Options
  • 17-04-2018 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got eir broadband and talk installed yesterday but still I don't have any VOIP. The net is working fine. I rang customer services yesterday from my mobile (so it's costly) and they said a few hours. Still nothing now this morning. Talking to the eir support on the website is useless!

Also, I can't login to eirsport using my eir account.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Raoul wrote: »
    Hi,

I got eir broadband and talk installed yesterday but still I don't have any VOIP. The net is working fine. I rang customer services yesterday from my mobile (so it's costly) and they said a few hours. Still nothing now this morning. Talking to the eir support on the website is useless!

Thanks!
    Hi Raoul, 

Feel free to PM me your account number, name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look at this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Hi,

Thanks!

1901 should be free from mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Hi,

Thanks!
    Hi Raoul, 

Feel free to PM me your account number, name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look at this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Done

Hi,

Thanks!
    Hi Raoul, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Done
    Thanks. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey

This is now working. Thanks!

I still can't log in to eir sports though.

• Advertisement

This is now working. Thanks!

I still can't log in to eir sports though.
    That's great. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

It keeps dropping. Dropped last night for an hour and now today it isn't working at all!! 

Also, eirsports is working on neither the app or IE.

I rang tech support. Supposedly two lines are crossing or something. It was very strange he said. It will be up to 3 working days until someone fixes it. i.e the whole weekend without internet.

Also my box is a refurb. I shouldn't have a refurb. I went to the eir modem homepage and I could see settings for Catherine, whoever that is

I rang tech support. Supposedly two lines are crossing or something. It was very strange he said. It will be up to 3 working days until someone fixes it. i.e the whole weekend without internet.

Also my box is a refurb. I shouldn't have a refurb. I went to the eir modem homepage and I could see settings for Catherine, whoever that is
    And now the box is dead and won't even power up.

So I had a missed voicemail from Eir who said everything looks fine on the line but that I'm not even on Eir, I am on Vodafone. I presume this is because I had to go back to my Vodafone modem to even get internet. But still no VoIP as I can't change any settings on that modem. 

The customer service has been quite poor I must say. 

Tracey was the only one that seems to have done anything. 

• Advertisement

So I had a missed voicemail from Eir who said everything looks fine on the line but that I'm not even on Eir, I am on Vodafone. I presume this is because I had to go back to my Vodafone modem to even get internet. But still no VoIP as I can't change any settings on that modem. 

The customer service has been quite poor I must say. 

Tracey was the only one that seems to have done anything. 
    Hi Raoul, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service. 

I've contacted our support team to query this issue, as soon as I hear back I'll come back to you through PM's. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

It seems to have been sorted now via Peter from KN who was the most helpful person I talked to. He left a new box at my house. Plugged that in and no problems since. It is awful that we are getting 2nd hand boxes that don't work. 

Still no eir sports though. 

Can you ensure that I am not charged for last week as I didn't have any service until late Friday evening, thanks Tracey!

It seems to have been sorted now via Peter from KN who was the most helpful person I talked to. He left a new box at my house. Plugged that in and no problems since. It is awful that we are getting 2nd hand boxes that don't work. 

Can you ensure that I am not charged for last week as I didn't have any service until late Friday evening, thanks Tracey!
    I understand your frustration here. 

The support team have confirmed a request was made for a new modem to be sent out to you, I'm glad to hear this has now resolved the issue.

I have credited your account for the downtime in service and this will appear on your next bill.

In relation to the eir Sport issue, I have logged in using the details you provided and am getting to the section where you are required to add in your Sky viewing card details. Are you getting to this point? Feel free to PM me these details and I'll have a look into this. 

Thanks 

Tracey  

The support team have confirmed a request was made for a new modem to be sent out to you, I'm glad to hear this has now resolved the issue.

I have credited your account for the downtime in service and this will appear on your next bill.

In relation to the eir Sport issue, I have logged in using the details you provided and am getting to the section where you are required to add in your Sky viewing card details. Are you getting to this point? Feel free to PM me these details and I'll have a look into this. 

Thanks 

Tracey  
    I have set up eir sports on sky. That is working fine. But it won't work on my android and it won't work on my pc. 

Thanks 

Tracey  
    I have set up eir sports on sky. That is working fine. But it won't work on my android and it won't work on my pc. 
    Ok no problem. 

The best advice I can offer is to contact the eir Sport support team on 0818 20 30 40, they'll be able to assist you further there. 

Thanks 

Tracey

Advertisement