Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm says zone is open

Options
  • 17-04-2018 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I can't put on full alarm as it says a zone is open. This zone has 2 windows with total of 8 contacts. The windows are closed. I can alarm house now but disable this zone. I cleaned all the window contacts and examined for damage. Nothing noticable. How can I diagnose which contact is the issue (using chime??) and where can I get replacement contacts.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The easiest way is to disconnect & close off each sensor one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NouCamp

So when you say close off you mean make the circuit connect once i unscrew the casing on the contact?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

NouCamp wrote: »
    So when you say close off you mean make the circuit connect once i unscrew the casing on the contact?

Essentially yes. Once you remove the sensor cover the alarm will activate (due to the tamper switch operating). Have someone standing at the keypad to silence the alarm if you don’t have the engineering code.
    You are then going to short out the the detection terminals at each sensor.

This is starting to sound a bit complicated lol I was hoping I could turn on "chime". then open and close each window. And the window that does not chime is the offending contact

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Because the zone is open the zone wont test.
    Do you have a multi meter?

• Advertisement

ive a voltage tester

NouCamp wrote: »
    ive a voltage tester

You need a meter that can measure resistance.

ok i can get one. what do i need to do with it. Check it there is resistance or current flowing in each contact?

Remove the end of line resistor(s) & disconnect the zone from the panel & measure the resistance.

Try tapping each sensor & contact to see if it changes.

Advertisement