Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Unlock Code

Options
  • 17-04-2018 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I (previous Meteor customer) requested the network unlock code for my iPhone 5S and was given a long list of instructions on how to lock my phone to a new network. This is not what I requested or require as I plan to go travelling and use different networks while abroad.

How can I get my 5S completley network unlocked?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I (previous Meteor customer) requested the network unlock code for my iPhone 5S and was given a long list of instructions on how to lock my phone to a new network. This is not what I requested or require as I plan to go travelling and use different networks while abroad.

Hi underwaterdog, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

Have you received a code from ourselves and followed the instructions with this? 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Hi underwaterdog, 

Have you received a code from ourselves and followed the instructions with this? 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Tracey I received the following email:

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for your recent contact with eir to request a Network Unlocking.
    We would like to confirm that we have received your iPhone unlocking request and your phone was remotely unlocked.
    In order to fully unlock the phone, you will need to follow the below steps:
    1. Place the NEW SIM card of the new operator you wish to use into the iPhone.
    2. The iPhone will then 'Brick' (a security feature) and will require a connection to iTunes to perform a 'Customer Restore'. Please connect the iPhone with iTunes.
    3. iTunes will detect the IMEI of the device and search for updates (Note: This is normal and is performed every time the iPhone is connected to iTunes).
    4. iTunes will detect the new SIM card and that the 'Unlock Key' is available. It will then deploy the Unlock Key to the device.
    5. From here (still connected to iTunes), the iPhone will perform the standard un-brick process which includes:
           ?  Check for latest Software update
           ?  Perform a customer restore (SYNC)
    During this process, your iPhone will detect the SIM of a new network operator and iTunes will deploy the necessary 'Carrier Bundle' to the phone.
    This contains the correct settings for the new network operator, which also includes the operators' 'Network Lock'.
    'Network Lock' means that iPhone will then become locked to the new network.
    Once the syncing is complete, iPhone is now ready for use with another network operator.
    We would like to advise that if you need to unlock your iPhone again, you will need to contact the network operator the phone is now locked to. You can find this information by going to your iPhone Settings > General >About and beside 'Carrier' the network operator will be displayed.
    I hope this email is of some assistance to your query.
    If you have any further queries on your order or your service, call us on 1901 or visit www.eir.ie or click here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/ to chat with one of our agents.

Regards,

Selvamani P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi underwaterdog, 

Thanks

Tracey 

Dear Customer,
    We would like to confirm that we have received your iPhone unlocking request and your phone was remotely unlocked.
    2. The iPhone will then 'Brick' (a security feature) and will require a connection to iTunes to perform a 'Customer Restore'. Please connect the iPhone with iTunes.
    3. iTunes will detect the IMEI of the device and search for updates (Note: This is normal and is performed every time the iPhone is connected to iTunes).
    4. iTunes will detect the new SIM card and that the 'Unlock Key' is available. It will then deploy the Unlock Key to the device.
    5. From here (still connected to iTunes), the iPhone will perform the standard un-brick process which includes:
    During this process, your iPhone will detect the SIM of a new network operator and iTunes will deploy the necessary 'Carrier Bundle' to the phone.
    This contains the correct settings for the new network operator, which also includes the operators' 'Network Lock'.
    Once the syncing is complete, iPhone is now ready for use with another network operator.
    We would like to advise that if you need to unlock your iPhone again, you will need to contact the network operator the phone is now locked to. You can find this information by going to your iPhone Settings > General >About and beside 'Carrier' the network operator will be displayed.
    If you have any further queries on your order or your service, call us on 1901 or visit www.eir.ie or click here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/ to chat with one of our agents.

Regards,

Selvamani P
    Hi  underwaterdog,

Once unlocked from the eir network the phone will lock to the new network and you will need to contact them to have it unlocked. Apologies if this does not suit you, but this is a manufacturer feature and is out of our control.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Hi underwaterdog, 

Thanks

Tracey 

Dear Customer,

Regards,

Selvamani P
    Hi  underwaterdog,

Once unlocked from the eir network the phone will lock to the new network and you will need to contact them to have it unlocked. Apologies if this does not suit you, but this is a manufacturer feature and is out of our control.

Thanks

Thomas
    So it's not possible to get an iPhone 5S network unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi underwaterdog, 

Thanks

Tracey 

Dear Customer,

Regards,

Selvamani P
    Hi  underwaterdog,

Thanks

Thomas
    So it's not possible to get an iPhone 5S network unlocked?
    Its possible to have it unlocked, but it then locks to the new network.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
Advertisement