Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beeper

Options
  • 17-04-2018 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

Not sure if any of the commuter cyclists on here have come across this guy, but I have never in my life come across a more ignorant commuter in my life.

So I cycle from the North side to the South Side (Merrion Square), about a 15 minute cycle commute, to be in for around 9am. Its handy enough, cruise past the IFSC over the bridge and along the quays, doing my best not to die on a daily basis.

But there's this guy. He's on a motorbike, and not to name and shame him, but its red and white with a '94 WW reg. I've seen him for probably two years now, but I don't need to see him anymore, because I can hear him coming for miles.

He cant stop beeping at everyone. Not short beeps, but long ignorant get the f**k out of my way beeps. Today I was behind him and I counted 7 beeps. A couple of months ago, I was turning right on grand canal street, in the right hand lane and when the lights went green I cycled onto Holles Street and got the usual long beep. Got to the lights and faced him off, he said I didn't indicate that I was going right (from the right part of the right hand lane). I have had 1/2 other run ins with him, mostly for him just beeping at everyone and everything around him.

Has anyone else come across this guy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

It sounds like a bike that sometimes passed me coming in from heuston. Weaving in and out of all lanes, revving, getting stuck halfway up the inside of a bus etc.

One morning I spoke to a guard standing at capel street who was gazing up the quays after him that he should be an easy catch as I'd come across him more than once.

I've changed my commute so haven't come across him in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nfunge1

A couple of weeks ago a minibus came down the N11 from Montrose towards Donnybrook. I was well ahead of him and there was nobody else in the bus lane. It's a stretch of cycle lane I detest so I tend to stay in the bus lane.

Anyway, I could hear this guy from 200 yards away, beeping and sitting on the horn as I was in his lane. He then overtook me and swung in front of me leaving me shag all room to maneuver. Another cyclist also saw the incident and we both called him out on it at the lights.

Advertisement