Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOA closure running shoes

Options
  • 17-04-2018 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried these yet (specifically for fast transitions?)

I bought a couple of pairs online to try, Asics gel451 and NB 1500T2. Both are going back- the Asics because its too small, otherwise it looks like a good shoe for fast transitions, you can get a really wide opening and the BOA closure creates a perfect fit. The NB on the other hand has a very small opening, and takes a while to get on (despite being marketed as a specific T2 shoe). Otherwise the fit is good and the closure system works very well. Might be a decent shoe for longer Tri's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

I've been running in the Asics 451 for a few days now- they size quite small so I needed a larger than usual. They're a pretty decent lightweight runner, but obviously the make-or-break feature is the BOA closure. The opening can be set quite large so it is easy to get your foot in quickly, and the BOA closure works very well in getting a great fit in a couple of seconds. Compared to lock laces, they are probably a fraction slower in transition, but a much better fit on the run IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

How do you find the BOA closure Kurt? Any tight parts from the thin wire it uses to tighten? Like the idea of them.

No issue with the wires feeling too tight- you don't feel them at all. The overall fit is superior to a lacing system and shoe seems to mould to the shape of the foot. I'll try them under race conditions soon but so far so good.

Went for a 16k easy run yesterday morning without issue, no aches or pains. Later that evening my foot suddenly got very sore, couldn't walk on it, took painkillers and was in agony. RICE and it feels better this morning, but the only suspect is the shoes and their lacing system. I'm at a loss to pinpoint exactly what the issue is, but at a guess my foot feels like it has been "folded" along its length and a bone out of place or something.

They are going in the bin.

Advertisement