Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keycode and Hashtab

Options
  • 17-04-2018 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭

OMG.

this has to be the biggest joke BOI have ever played on their customers.

I mean, someone actually came up with this as a good idea.... but then it got approved??????????????

Words cannot expalin how stupid this system actually is

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Seve OB,

We are sorry to hear that you're unhappy with this. 

As advised previously please be assured that the changes made on Business online with the introduction of Keycode were made taking into account customer feedback that we received and was tested on multiple platforms and by end users. 

Please let us know if you are having any issues using the system.

Thanks again for the feedback and rest assured we will pass it our to our team.  

Please see the link here that shows how you can raise an official complaint.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

well the issus i have with this paricular topic is that is it absolutely ridiculous to have to go into explorer after i have already imported the file.  and to have to right click on a file and go into the properties, to then have to decipher a string of digits and numbers which are hard to read out of a really long string of numbers

have you actually done this process?

really, this is a process that a primary school kid would not even come up with because it is so cumbersome, awkward, finiky, silly, stupid.... the list is endless, but the bottom line is there has to be a better way to do this.

Nobody should ever have to right click on a file and go into properties for any reason whatsoever... unless they are a computer techy.  this is not something end users should ever be required to do.

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for your reply.  

If you are having trouble using HashTab please PM us and we will be more then happy to look into this further for you. 

While the use of a hash viewing tool is required for file verification for business online you are free to use an alternative hashing tool of your choice.

Thanks,

Kareana

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for your reply.  

If you are having trouble using HashTab please PM us and we will be more then happy to look into this further for you. 

While the use of a hash viewing tool is required for file verification for business online you are free to use an alternative hashing tool of your choice.

Thanks,

Kareana
    now you see that makes no sense at all to me.
    i use the system as it was talked through to me by BOI.  I am not going to try and figure out my own way to do something I don't understand in the firstplace

The fact is I (along with everyone else I have discussed this with) find it cumbersome, awkward and not in any way user friendly.  I don't have trouble using it... it is just a stupid system.

Hi Seve OB,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way.

If you have a general query regarding anything else please let us know.

Rest assured we have passed your feedback onto our team.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Advertisement

As advised previously please be assured that the changes made on Business online with the introduction of Keycode were made taking into account customer feedback that we received and was tested on multiple platforms and by end users. 

Thanks again for the feedback and rest assured we will pass it our to our team.  

Kareana
    clearly you didnt take account of any feedback from your customers bacause none of them are happy.
    Below are the reviews posted on the google paly store.  There are 41 reviews in total, 25 with comments.  23 give 1 star. 1 gives 3 star and 1 gives 2 star, both those reviews still give out about the longwinded nature of the app process.  Out of a possible 5 stars, the app scores an amazing 1.5 star.  However, my guess is that all those 1 star reviews would actually give no stars if possible, so really you can't get a lower score.

And you genuinely tell me that this is something that has been tried, tested and welcomed by your customers.  Can I please ask how I can get more information on the trials which were carried out?

Eoin Cullen January 3, 2018
    Useless, stuck now without access to my account. If you're going to change something, at least do proper QA and make sure it works. Makes you worry when they're handling your actual money. Also noticed some of the 5 star ratings are from Bank Of Ireland staff, so even the current 2.3 rating isn't co...
    Hugh Hegarty January 26, 2018
    If the Bank of Ireland Online Banking page wasn't bad enough, along comes this absolute piece of [email=cr@p]cr@p[/email]. Why can't BOI do online banking like normal banks. Seriously looking at moving to another bank to avoid the torture of using this system.
    Charles Dwyer January 18, 2018
    This is the most ridiculous attempt by bank of Ireland to date. I am changing banks as a result. So secure you can't even get access to your own money!! Don't download ...change banks
    Stephen O'Brien March 8, 2018
    If I could give it - stars I would. Another load of crap from BOI but it's clear from the reviews that is customers do not matter. It's their way or the highway and most of the time their ways don't work for the end user they way they should,and this is quite probably the worst yet.
    Marc Mac Eo October 29, 2017
    Bring back normal passwords... too much bouncing backwards & forwards between app and website entering app & temporary passwords each to verify the other... if logging in to make just 1 payment or transfer, you could enter up to 5 or 6 passwords... a maddening waste of time!
    Brendan O Keeffe January 2, 2018
    Tried setting it up but on one of the phones when we had everything done it went back to start. So now can't log in as admin. Painful app.
    A Google user January 3, 2018
    Why was this released to customers to use. Obviously went untested. What's with the "clock" settings having an impact on whether you and partner can authenticate?
    A Google user February 22, 2018
    The payees authorisation process is counter productive. It takes me 10 min to authorise 10 payees due to the need to enter the last 6 IBAN digits for each payees.... This needs to change asap
    Barry Staunton February 22, 2018
    Why do BOI make this online banking so complicated. .can't log in as administrator now after trying to set up key code..!!
    Lawrence Carvalho December 2, 2017
    I don't want to use personal data bundle for work and affecting my personal expenses
    A Google user February 27, 2018
    Works well for what it does but the pin needs to be put too often and when submitting 8 digit codes, it would be easier if a number pad came up instead of a keyboard.
    Chris Topher February 21, 2018
    This is an awful app. It's not user friendly and too much reliance on desktop and device - a shambles!
    A Google user December 14, 2017
    Aliens invented this system not for mere mortals to understand beam me up scottie
    Sean McCann December 22, 2017
    This app shows a complete contempt for customers. Typical BOI. The setup is painfully stupid.
    Tony Darcy January 22, 2018
    More shocking software for business online, I'm struggling to think how this was released to the public. The old system was some of the worst unintuitive software I've come across but even this is worse.
    ernie mac March 27, 2018
    to make a payment I have to open app type pincode, get a password type it into website that's fine, then to make actual psyment, type pincode again get a challenge code, type code into website, for multiple payments it's the same process over and over, seriously BOI sort it out. other banks don't seem to have any trouble.
    Michael Stafford March 26, 2018
    this is the worst app ever. constant problems. every time it takes 45 minutes to get through to helpline. what was wrong with a password?? I'm with bank of ireland for 25 years. i'll leave because of this app
    Thomas Pitrou December 24, 2017
    Why did you try reinvent the wheel? There is better ways to handle multi-factor authentication.
    Theresa Morley January 10, 2018
    Keycode had stopped and phone needs to be available at all times at work.
    Mitch Flagg January 19, 2018
    Payee approval process is too burdensome
    A Google user December 9, 2017
    Great. Now I cant login to admin acc anymore.
    Service RACENG March 29, 2018
    Krap
    Saol Project March 13, 2018
    Awful awful technology from boi. A waste of taxpayers money Will be changing banks due to this app.
    A Google user March 20, 2018
    Rubbish. Can no longer access account. No one at BOI available to assist. Closing account.
    A Google user March 5, 2018
    Stick to 365!

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for the reply.

You can view our customer testimonial's here on our group website.

Have a nice day,

Kareana

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for the reply.

You can view our customer testimonial's here on our group website.

Have a nice day,

Kareana
    Interesting read.
    Also interesting to note that is 3 one line reviews.
    How can I add a testimonial for publication? Either one line or I would be happy to give a detailed one either

Hi Seve OB,

Rest assured all your feedback has been passed onto our team.

If you wish you can leave a review on the Play store. 

If our Business online team are looking for anymore reviews to be added to our page we will let you know.  

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bestbrew

Are the 25 minute hold times to the Customer Service desk because of the hoards of staff at NTR, Nextdoor, Silicon Republic et al phoning to say how amazing Keycode is? Because you might let them know the rest of us have a pain in our faces from trying to get through with complaints. 

Marc Mac Eo put it beautifully when he said 'another load of crap from BoI'. 

It might be sensible to start offering a fob option to logon. You'll help stem the exit of a lot of customers who are moving their business to Ulster Bank and AIB's superior business banking solutions.

• Advertisement

Bestbrew wrote: »
    Are the 25 minute hold times to the Customer Service desk because of the hoards of staff at NTR, Nextdoor, Silicon Republic et al phoning to say how amazing Keycode is? Because you might let them know the rest of us have a pain in our faces from trying to get through with complaints. 

Marc Mac Eo put it beautifully when he said 'another load of crap from BoI'. 

It might be sensible to start offering a fob option to logon. You'll help stem the exit of a lot of customers who are moving their business to Ulster Bank and AIB's superior business banking solutions.
    LOL, that was actually my quote :D

Another satisfied customer here :rolleyes:

https://ie.trustpilot.com/reviews/5a54c8d9a5b329030090794b
    Don't let BOI make you move to KeyCode, It's a disaster.

I have used BOI for personal and business for almost 20 years and somehow they always seam to manage to make things worse whenever they try to make things better. I have 5 business accounts working on the BOIBOL system using digicerts but was forced to change one to the new KeyCode system. What a complete disaster. Roughly this is how it works once set up with the app. User logon, then app logon, then ask for user logon access code, then user enters logon access code, Your in, brill. Now pay someone. Enter payment details by user, then logon again to keyCode app, then select payments on App, then enter the Challenge code on app to receive Payment code on app, then enter payment code on BOI BOL, Payment confirmed. Now... to make another payment, repeat above. This has to been designed by someone with lots of time on their hands and no experience of running a business. Banking with BOI is now just too stressful to continue and to that end.. I'm OUT and I suspect many other business users will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Irelandperson

OMG Bank of Ireland I am over 30 years working in this field a 3 year old could invent an app more user friendly whoever sat in the big board room and decided this was good for your customers needs to be fired.

Dont give me the link to complain BOI in this day of technology you dont even supply an email address for same. SERIOUSLY by phone or post yes postage STONEAGE just like what you have forced on your customers.

I had the pleasure of finding out about HASHTAB for bulk upload this app is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever in all my years in accounts dealing with banks, building societies and finance.

ABSOLUTELY NO CONSIDERATION FOR CUSTOMERS HERE AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE BANK OF IRELAND.

Cathy

OMG Bank of Ireland I am over 30 years working in this field a 3 year old could invent an app more user friendly whoever sat in the big board room and decided this was good for your customers needs to be fired.

Dont give me the link to complain BOI in this day of technology you dont even supply an email address for same. SERIOUSLY by phone or post yes postage STONEAGE just like what you have forced on your customers.

I had the pleasure of finding out about HASHTAB for bulk upload this app is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever in all my years in accounts dealing with banks, building societies and finance.

ABSOLUTELY NO CONSIDERATION FOR CUSTOMERS HERE AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE BANK OF IRELAND.

Cathy

Well said Cathy. I'm 6 months using this now. It's awful.
    I won't rant again but suffice it to say that I haven't found anything good about it and nor do I feel it is any better after using it for a while.

Old system of simply having a password was just Soooooooooooooooooooo much better.

Advertisement