Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backpacking South America for several months

• 17-04-2018 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm looking to travel South America for four or five months starting in August or September. At the moment I'm travelling solo, but would love to hear from anyone who was thinking of doing something similar so as to possibly meet up.

I'm planning on going to Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina!

Aside from possible meet ups any tips are welcome as well!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

Too many tips to mention, it is amazing. Is you want to do original Inca trail book at least 6 months in advance (highly recommend Llama Path) but otherwise it is much cheaper to do the Salkantay trek. Use Peru Hop bus service in Peru, it is brilliant, a company set up by 2 Irish guys, and great way to meet people when travelling solo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Im on month 11 of a 12 month trip through Central and South. Its amazing! Don't worry at all about having a travel buddy, you will pick them up along the way. As LL said above, you need to prebook Inca but I did Salkantay and it was PHENOM! 
    I would actually say go local bus instead of Peru//Bolivia hop as had friends with lots of issues with them HOWEVER great way to make friends. Party hostels if they're your thing in heaps of places too.
    Learn Spanish as well as you can before you come, you won't regret it.
    Finally, be prepared. This continent gets under your skin. You may never leave :heart: Xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Follow ginger gypsy on Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mushypeas12

Mags21 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to travel South America for four or five months starting in August or September. At the moment I'm travelling solo, but would love to hear from anyone who was thinking of doing something similar so as to possibly meet up.

I'm planning on going to Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina!

Aside from possible meet ups any tips are welcome as well!

Hi, just wondering if you have left for SA yet.

I am flying into Columbia in two weeks. Hoping to travel for three months!

Advertisement