Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turas Nua

Options
  • 17-04-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

A friend recently told me she was to start again with Turas Nua they sent her an appointment . The day before cancelled this and further cancelled 2 more appointments .
    I never had this experience when I was there . I wonder if after a year they dont find you a job what happens .
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

rgossip30 wrote: »
    A friend recently told me she was to start again with Turas Nua they sent her an appointment . The day before cancelled this and further cancelled 2 more appointments .
    I never had this experience when I was there . I wonder if after a year they dont find you a job what happens .
    I know a few people who done their year with them and after a short while they are brought back in for another year...These people are only in it to make money for their English masters and varadkar will feed them as long as he can because he is nothing only a lacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kk333

Turas nua and seetech are subsidiaries of an British based company that have rolled out similar program's in the UK. They have failed miserably in the UK. They only have a 15% success rate here in Ireland, and this figure is debatable, as they harass you even if you get a job of your own accord to give them the name of your employer so they can claim commission from the DSP.
    They are only here to make FG look good figure wise. As you are not considered to be unemployed when with them hence, do not have to sign on each month and so are not included in the 6.1% unemployment figure. The real figures with everyone on jobsseekers allowence and benefit included stands at over 10%.

This will seriously hurt FG come election time. Everyone knows someone sold to these private companies like second class citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

I completed my degree last year.

Sat exams in May. Signed on social welfare in 1st week of July. Got called to turas nua the last week of july.

Found a job related to my degree in mid august or so. Of my own accord, through my own sources, they did not assist.

I only attended a welcome meeting.

They have not stopped harrasing me. Even tho I answer the phone they have rang one of my colleagues and asked to br tansferred to me.

They rang another department in the company and asked to be transfered to me.

They have even contacted me on social media.

They must be googling me and googling my colleagues names in order to get the direct dial numbers. There is no need as I answer my mobile.

It is getting to the stage of bullying - I refuse to confirm they found me full employment because they didn't.

The way I was spoke to me the last day was disgusting.

If I contacted a client from work via social media my boss would rightly tear me a new one, along with HR I imagine.

I want to make a complaint about them, but want to cause as much grief as possible for them - any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭rgossip30

I suspect you have a rep looking to add your name to her list of job finds for a bonus .This company operates like a marketing company with driven targets .I would suggest go to management and make a complaint .

When I was unfortunate to be with them I gave them very limited information.. I told them I had no phone and that I could not use a computer..so when I found myself a job and by the way like so many other people I am well capable of doing so they had no way of contacting me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Kk333 wrote: »
    Turas nua and seetech are subsidiaries of an British based company that have rolled out similar program's in the UK. They have failed miserably in the UK. They only have a 15% success rate here in Ireland, and this figure is debatable, as they harass you even if you get a job of your own accord to give them the name of your employer so they can claim commission from the DSP.
    They are only here to make FG look good figure wise. As you are not considered to be unemployed when with them hence, do not have to sign on each month and so are not included in the 6.1% unemployment figure. The real figures with everyone on jobsseekers allowence and benefit included stands at over 10%.

This will seriously hurt FG come election time. Everyone knows someone sold to these private companies like second class citizens.

Turas Nua are part of FRS group.

Seetec are from the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I know a few people who done their year with them and after a short while they are brought back in for another year...These people are only in it to make money for their English masters and varadkar will feed them as long as he can because he is nothing only a lacky.

They want you to just take any old job. I'm on my second go around with them. It started out at once a month and now they want me in every other week. Along with taking these interview and networking courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wildone2013

Hi,

Basically two months ago I got a letter pleased to inform me that I have been allocated a meeting. First problem, I already have a part time job and I do a part time course. I explained this to them and they said to notify DSP which I did and they had no record of any course so I provided more proof and they left me alone until yesterday.
    They made a meeting and scheduled it for a day I am in work, also I informed them that in August I have been told I will have full time employment and will be signing off social welfare altogether. The girl from turas nua said it doesn’t matter I will have to attend anyway. In addition to all that I also have some heavy personal stuff going on. I have just graduated from my course can they not just leave me be till August? I also said I won’t be signing ANYTHING they stick in front of me as well be seen from other posts that people get stung.

Any advice much appreciated!

Hi,

Basically two months ago I got a letter pleased to inform me that I have been allocated a meeting. First problem, I already have a part time job and I do a part time course. I explained this to them and they said to notify DSP which I did and they had no record of any course so I provided more proof and they left me alone until yesterday.
    They made a meeting and scheduled it for a day I am in work, also I informed them that in August I have been told I will have full time employment and will be signing off social welfare altogether. The girl from turas nua said it doesn’t matter I will have to attend anyway. In addition to all that I also have some heavy personal stuff going on. I have just graduated from my course can they not just leave me be till August? I also said I won’t be signing ANYTHING they stick in front of me as well be seen from other posts that people get stung.

Any advice much appreciated!

Don't sign the Personal progression plan. They will prob say you have to but you don't. Then they will.more then likely leave you alone as there's no point.

Turas Nua are part of FRS group.

Seetec are from the UK.

Turas nua are a consortium comprising of FRS and UK company working links.

www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/unemployment-scheme-is-outsourced-to-private-firms-1.1958383%3fmode=amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Archeotech

I did a stint in Turas Nua over a year ago and then got released from them to do my own thing. During that time I did some exams and got an interview for a great job which I passed but while I was waiting for it to fully go through and be confirmed I was drafted into Turas Nua again. So my case worker is actually a pretty sound guy and they got me this short term contract job to keep me going while I was waiting. I took it and that was great but then I finally got the start date on my proper job so after a few weeks I'm quitting this job and starting the new one.

Now the case worker sends me this form to fill out with details on my new job such as my employers name, Vat details, phone number etc. I'm just not comfortable in giving those details so I sent him the details of the current contract job as I'd signed off already. He messaged me back asking if he could get the new jobs details.

That should be enough right? I dread the thought of turas nua calling up my workplace like a parole officer! Would be so embarrassing. They helped me out and I was very grateful to them in my email for all their help with interview skills and CV construction but now I'm worried about being followed up on like I've just come out of prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Once you've signed off. They have no hold or power on you. Just tell them to stop or you will report them for harassment. Yes you got short term employment. That's what they are supposed to be getting paid to do.

Archeotech wrote: »
    I did a stint in Turas Nua over a year ago and then got released from them to do my own thing. During that time I did some exams and got an interview for a great job which I passed but while I was waiting for it to fully go through and be confirmed I was drafted into Turas Nua again. So my case worker is actually a pretty sound guy and they got me this short term contract job to keep me going while I was waiting. I took it and that was great but then I finally got the start date on my proper job so after a few weeks I'm quitting this job and starting the new one.

Now the case worker sends me this form to fill out with details on my new job such as my employers name, Vat details, phone number etc. I'm just not comfortable in giving those details so I sent him the details of the current contract job as I'd signed off already. He messaged me back asking if he could get the new jobs details.

That should be enough right? I dread the thought of turas nua calling up my workplace like a parole officer! Would be so embarrassing. They helped me out and I was very grateful to them in my email for all their help with interview skills and CV construction but now I'm worried about being followed up on like I've just come out of prison.

The only reason they want your new employment details is so that they can take credit for it. And as a previous poster mentioned they will try to bully you into saying they got you that job.

You should never give these clowns your phone number or email info as the only use it to hassle you if you get a job.. the pressure is on them to get your work details so as they can claim money from SW.. I gave them no contact details only my address and since starting back in work they have written to me to "please" contact them which I will never do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

You should never give these clowns your phone number or email info as the only use it to hassle you if you get a job..

Wouldn't the Department of Social Protection have given them your phone number and email address anyway? Or is there a rule against them sharing that info without your consent?

Wouldn't the Department of Social Protection have given them your phone number and email address anyway? Or is there a rule against them sharing that info without your consent?
    I never gave SW an email address nor can I remember them asking me for one... They did give TN an old phone number I used to have even after me telling them (SW) I had no phone anymore...The communication between the two is obviously not very good because I have been back in work for over a month now and TN are still writing to me.. when I attended TN they were always telling me and other people that SW had full access to their computers and were monitoring people who did not attend meetings and courses..This was obviously a bull **** scare tactic because if it were so, surely they would have let TN know I had signed off?

So now my Councillor expects me to apply for 4 jobs between now and next week. And he'll ring them to confirm that they received them. This is where the hatred for Turas Nua comes from. Treating people they're ex-convicts out on parole.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    So now my Councillor expects me to apply for 4 jobs between now and next week. And he'll ring them to confirm that they received them. This is where the hatred for Turas Nua comes from. Treating people they're ex-convicts out on parole.

They are there at the behest of FG to drive people over the edge so as they can report you to SW and have your money docked or stopped..What I would do is either go on the sick complaining of stress and depression caused by the parasites, or go for the interviews dressed like a tramp and stinking of alcohol, and just keep looking for a job on your own.

They are there at the behest of FG to drive people over the edge so as they can report you to SW and have your money docked or stopped..What I would do is either go on the sick complaining of stress and depression caused by the parasites, or go for the interviews dressed like a tramp and stinking of alcohol, and just keep looking for a job on your own.

I'm aware of their motives. I had to go to the office to get my payments reinstated after they reported me for missing an appointment. I'm tempted to go the disability via stress and depression from them.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I'm aware of their motives. I had to go to the office to get my payments reinstated after they reported me for missing an appointment. I'm tempted to go the disability via stress and depression from them.

When I was with them they marked me as failed to attend an appointment, but it was their fault as they sent me out the wrong appointment, but I kept the letter to prove it..if I were you I would go and get on the sick and then look for your own job as I am sure like me you are 100%capable of doing so. I actually found them a hinderence more than a help in looking for work..

• Advertisement

When I was with them they marked me as failed to attend an appointment, but it was their fault as they sent me out the wrong appointment, but I kept the letter to prove it..if I were you I would go and get on the sick and then look for your own job as I am sure like me you are 100%capable of doing so. I actually found them a hinderence more than a help in looking for work..

They definitely are a hindrance. I don't think too many places are working with them. The first time with them my Councillor put me forward for 4 jobs and I was never called for any interviews. Then when I did get a job they screwed me good and proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

JohnMc1 wrote:

Councillor? The only counsellor I've met that was truly helpful was a counselling psychologist, these people aren't there to help you.

If it's possible, apply for both illness benefit and disability, but be aware, waiting lists for disability applications is long, and it's difficult to get

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Councillor? The only counsellor I've met that was truly helpful was a counselling psychologist, these people aren't there to help you.

If it's possible, apply for both illness benefit and disability, but be aware, waiting lists for disability applications is long, and it's difficult to get

Sorry they're personal advisers. I'm tempted to try for illness benefit or disability. I don't want to go that route, but I might feel differently in another couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

feel less motivated to get a job with any help from Turas nua

i work part time with various hours every week and as i sometimes get money from the social (X&Os) and turas nua are haunting me. Putting me on these courses, asking me stupid questions that ive answered before and just being generally annoying

id love a 40 hour job but not with the help from them, they dont give a **** about me only want there commision

• Registered Users Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    id love a 40 hour job but not with the help from them, they dont give a **** about me only want there commision

Unfortunately this seems to be the truth, continue to do what's best for you, if this means lying to them, so be it. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Back in again with TN next week; is this a a normal thing.

Came out of there late February/early March.

Also on the day I received the letter they actually rang my phone; I didn't answer it and within a minute of the missed call appearing I'd a text from them too (with a name, a first name only so I'm presuming that person will be my P.A.); I mean I haven't signed anything yet and they think they can do this?

On day one I will not be signing the PPP or doing their CA (Aptitude Test) to obstruct them in any way I possibly can; I will be signing in under a name like Mickey Mouse and I will be telling them I can't use a PC and don't have a phone; alternatively I will give them a false number of one that's long since deactivated.

The letter tells me this meeting could go on for THREE HOURS? If it does they can get the boat.

Also, bizarrely, the day I start with them is the day before I'm due to sign on...............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Kk333 wrote: »
    Don't sign the Personal progression plan. They will prob say you have to but you don't. Then they will.more then likely leave you alone as there's no point.

Does this not count as not co-operating though; would your payment not be at risk of being reduced or canceled for a period of 9 weeks?

Am thinking of doing this when I start with them next week.......

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Does this not count as not co-operating though; would your payment not be at risk of being reduced or canceled for a period of 9 weeks?

Am thinking of doing this when I start with them next week.......

They will tell you that for sure. But they are wrong and trying to intimidate you. Quote Regina Doherty to them. She even said your payment will not be affected if you refuse to sign PPP.

Advertisement