Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy Roasted Vegetables, little hands on

• 17-04-2018 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Heyo

Looking for a roast vegetable recipe that I can prep in the morning,put in the fridge. So when I'm finished work I can just get the other half to just pop them into the oven and there done when I'm home, it needs to just be as simple and dump it into the oven on a baking tray.

Only Vegetable I don't like is beetroot.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Looking for a roast vegetable recipe that I can prep in the morning,put in the fridge. So when I'm finished work I can just get the other half to just pop them into the oven and there done when I'm home, it needs to just be as simple and dump it into the oven on a baking tray.

You've just described pretty much every roasted veg recipe. Choose your veg, choose your seasonings, mix together with oil, throw in fridge til you're ready to cook, bob's yer uncle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Florets of cauliflower and brocolli coated in olive oil and a good sprinkling of salt - roast in a hot oven for 20/25 minutes.

Potatoes and root veg, cut into bite-sized chunks. In a bowl mix olive oil, salt, pepper, some fresh rosemary and thyme, and some wine vinegar. Coat veg and roast in a hot oven for 30/40 minutes.

Add some pitted olives to the potatoes/veg/oil mixture above and when you take the tray out of the oven add some chunks of feta cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Try Tasty on Facebook. They often have meal prep stuff that will show veg that all cook in the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

for something a bit different try rolled aubergine , probably more a night before thing to prepare , slice the aubergine length ways , 20 min in the oven to soften them, stuff and roll. the last stage is 30 min in the oven. See recipes on line for particulars. The one i do is based on below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLpru3FYupc

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

silverharp wrote:
    for something a bit different try rolled aubergine , probably more a night before thing to prepare , slice the aubergine length ways , 20 min in the oven to soften them, stuff and roll. the last stage is 30 min in the oven. See recipes on line for particulars. The one i do is based on below

That sounds lovely, but they did say "very little hands-on".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Dial Hard wrote: »
    That sounds lovely, but they did say "very little hands-on".

i assume that was for the husband's benefit :D , the last stage is pull out of the fridge and put in oven. good intentions and all but it will get boring having a standard tray of roast veg every day

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

I cook these kinds of things all the time, especially in the summer and just serve them with a quick salad.

I use Anna Jones recipe books and she has a really simple approach to it.

Just choose a main vegetable - butternut squash, sweet potato, parsnip etc.

Next add a soft vegetable eg onion, peppers, leeks, spinach etc.

Next choose an add on eg tin of chickpeas, butter beans, torn up bread etc.

Add 100mls liquid - stock, cider, wine and drizzle with oil.

Add herbs if you like.

Finally add a flavour boost eg zest of lemon or orange, spice eg paprika, cumin etc.

It's such an easy dinner & you can just throw it in the oven at 200 for 30 - 55 mins (depending on veg) while you get your salad ready. Often serve some easy potato wedges with it too, just cut up, drizzle with oil & some smoked paprika and toast for same time.

Here is a link to Anna Jones recipes on the Guardian.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/sep/26/quick-courgette-ratatouille-with-crispy-haricot-beans-recipe-tray-bakes-anna-jones-the-modern-cook

Advertisement