Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying more and getting less...

Options
  • 17-04-2018 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently on the "eir Complete Broadband & Phone" package which is costing me roughly €55 euro a month. I am not receiving anything near an acceptable speed for this price. My speed often drops below 1 MBps, sometimes down into the hundreds of kilobytes. I often work from home and have been frustrated many times by the inadequate broadband speed that I am getting to my house.

Can you please explain why new customers are able to pay €35 for a landline, broadband and mobile deal, and speeds of up to 100 Mbps, while I sit here paying quite a bit more for much poorer service? 

I understand that speeds will be 'up to' X MBps, and you can't guarantee an exact speed, but previously I had been getting 3Mbs and above, which I would be more than happy with.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

elvis83 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently on the "eir Complete Broadband & Phone" package which is costing me roughly €55 euro a month. I am not receiving anything near an acceptable speed for this price. My speed often drops below 1 MBps, sometimes down into the hundreds of kilobytes. I often work from home and have been frustrated many times by the inadequate broadband speed that I am getting to my house.

Can you please explain why new customers are able to pay €35 for a landline, broadband and mobile deal, and speeds of up to 100 Mbps, while I sit here paying quite a bit more for much poorer service? 

I understand that speeds will be 'up to' X MBps, and you can't guarantee an exact speed, but previously I had been getting 3Mbs and above, which I would be more than happy with.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi elvis83 ,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here.

This is an offer available to new customers only. I'm sorry to hear of the issues with your broadband speed. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement