Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bidding the same amount

Options
  • 17-04-2018 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I’m bidding on a house and we wanted to know if we could offer the same amount that the other bidders offered? We don’t really want to go up more but just want the offer there in case the other bidders drop out.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

There is nothing whatsoever to suggest you have top someone else's offer.
    A seller might be very happy to have two identical offers- and then have the opportunity to try and differentiate between them (which could be- someone is a cash buyer, someone is a FTB reliant on a tenuous mortgage offer- or someone could be a chain..........)

The highest bidder- is not necessarily the best purchaser for a prospective seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭CPTM

I outbid someone by 10k for a property in 2013, but they went with a cash buyer instead of me.

I'm still annoyed by that! But as stated, the highest amount doesn't necessarily get the property.

Advertisement