Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current accounts

• 17-04-2018 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hello,

Right so ive been living in the UK for the last 4yrs but have had my irish current account with ulster bank since but been charged 4 quid a month for just having it there. Time to stop this nonsense.
    Whats my best option. is there any account in ireland that will not charge money to have it?! Or should i be closing it. Its just handy for transfering money home when i am going home. Terrible to be charged for just having it open. If i take all the money out of it, can they still charge me?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,692 ✭✭✭✭zell12

EBS MoneyManager have close to zero fees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Each bank afaik must offer basic kind of account with no fees. Usually very limited, with maximum annual lodgement not exceeding minimum wage, and often with limited card and internet banking options, but that should suit your needs well.

I think with Ulster bank name of that account is Foundation account.

I'm not sure though if it's possible to convert your current account into that it would you need to close your account and start from scratch.
    I'd be interested to find out actually, so if you're gonna go that way let us know how it worked out.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Revolut would be a no-brainer in your case IMO. No need to have a current account with a bricks-and-mortar Irish Bank as Revolut should be able to handle any euro transactions you make.

Advertisement