Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need rabbits please!

• 17-04-2018 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I raw feed my dogs and am looking for a supply of rabbit please. I've recently moved to West Cork. Any hunters in these areas? Clonakilty, Skibbereen, Rosscarbery?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Would you go to the butcher and ask him to keep you a bag of scraps each week?

Most will be happy to oblige, as it costs them money to get collected.

Up here in Cavan, rabbits have more or less disappeared, and I'd think it hard to allow some fellow shoot them on my land ( if there were any) just to feed to dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ross090

Thanks for your message. I have been feeding raw for a number of years and already use lamb, beef, pork etc, some of it sourced from my local butcher. The reason I'm looking for rabbit is for another option as dogs needs a balanced diet of meat, bone & offal and ideally at least 3 or 4 different meats. Scraps from the butcher do not make for a balanced diet on their own. Rabbits are extremely plentiful in this part of the country and will be hunted by people regardless of whether I feed them to my dogs or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭sniperman

here in tipp no shortage of rabbits,least where i am anyway,i shoot them for myself and dogs

Advertisement