Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southwest Engine Explosion - passenger dead

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

HTCOne wrote: »
    The deceased passenger had her seatbelt fastened.

RIP to the passenger a horrible way to go out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

I was led to believe the passenger that got “sucked out” is alive.

The passenger that died, died from a heart attach brought about from the panic of the situation.

Splitting hairs I know but still

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭bilbot79

adam88 wrote: »

The passenger that died, died from a heart attach brought about from the panic of the situation.

Did the one that got sucked out not die of her injuries later. Can't imagine what that looked like, was her body ripped apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

adam88 wrote: »

Well in an interview, one of the paramedics on the ground who responded said they knew she couldn’t survive after seeing the head trauma. Now whether that trauma was caused by the debris that took out the window or as a result of impacting the fuselage I don’t know, and would rather not spend any more time thinking about to be honest. There was an awful lot of blood on the fuselage after landing by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Homer

Just NO. Not funny, so removed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,229 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

God, that poor woman. :(

What an absolutely horrific incident. That can't have been an easy death.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Homer wrote: »
    silly pic

Pathetic, inaccurate, not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

cnocbui wrote: »
    Homer wrote: »
    silly pic

Pathetic, inaccurate, not funny.
    yeah, not cool

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

FAA have issued an EAD (Emergency Airworthiness Directive) for inspection of CFM56-7D engines (the engine involved in this incident) requiring inspection of all engines with more than 30,000 cycles, of which there are nearly 700 worldwide. The ultrasonic inspection of the fan blades has to be carried out within 20 days.

This latest action comes on top of an existing less urgent Service Bulletin that requires the same inspection of all engines of this model, with mandatory reporting of findings.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What a terrible way to die.
    Two people died here?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Gael23 wrote: »
    What a terrible way to die.
    Two people died here?

"only" one.

Advertisement