Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Islam right for Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

ford2600 wrote: »

The Jews with their equally ridiculous origins, but with a tiny population ( without Googling I'm going to guess less than 20m) have had a massive influence on Western culture and continue to be leaders in science, literature, medicine etc. Compare Nobel laureates; Jews make up over 20% of winners from less than 0.2% of the world's population. 1.4% of winners have been Muslim.

Yes, this figure is staggering, 20% of Nobel prizes with well less than 1% of the world's population.

Plus huge successes in music and film, etc.

What a remarkably talented group of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Yes Islam is perfect for Ireland.

Degradation of women, hatred for the gays, backward looking focus on a single bloody book. Seems like the perfect match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

After Hours, where if it’s not women and feminism that everyone’s ranting about, it’s Islam.

The travelers are getting a fierce handy time of it these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

OK. Should we think about deporting people? Maybe people without a degree. Useless arts degrees maybe? Anyone that might have a protestant in their family tree?

Ireland is full and the brains here that got us here will sort it out. Right so.

Maybe start with those who have failed in their false bids for asylum??

• Site Banned Posts: 406 ✭✭Pepefrogok

A lot of people in here professing in depth knowledge of Islam, saying it's only a tiny majority are "extremists" well that simply depends on where you set the bar for extremism??? If a person thinks someone who leaves their religion (apostasy) should be murdered then would you consider them an extremist? Death to gays? That a woman should be covers up at all times and have less rights including inheritance rights? That if someone offends God or his messenger they should be killed?

I hate to break it to you liberals, I know yous are coming from a good place and don't want to sew division but yous are wrong, all polling points towards a majority of Muslims the planet wide failing my benchmark for being radical, every country where Islam has came to and became even a moderate minority has came to regret it, of all the times it has been tried Muslims growing their percentage of the population in a country has failed and let to bloodshed, Europe won't be different, Ireland won't be different. If you believe I am wrong then just find me an example, just one solitary example of where adherents of Islam becoming more represented in a country has been a good thing? Even if you find one it will be a lonely example in a sea of where it went wrong!

This is a perfect example of it and because it was written over 10 years ago we can actually judge it with hindsight, look at wether the examples given have became better or worse? Has the percentage of Muslims grown? Basically is what he saying correct? No opinions, guess work or feelings, just facts.

In Dr. Peter Hammond’s book, “Slavery, Terrorism and Islam,” he documents the way Muslims slowly develop a presence in various countries and as their population numbers build, become more aggressive and assertive about exercising Sharia law.

“Islam is not a religion, nor is it a cult. In its fullest form, it is a complete, total, 100% system of life,” Dr. Hammond notes in his book. “Islam has religious, legal, political, economic, social, and military components. The religious component is a beard for all of the other components.”

Their takeover of a country, what Dr. Hammond refers to as “Islamization,” begins when the population of Muslims reaches a critical mass, and they being to agitate for various privileges.

Open, free, democratic societies are particularly vulnerable. “When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their religious privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as well,” he notes.

This is how it works, according to Dr. Hammond:

When the Muslim population remains under 2% in a country, they will be seen primarily as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the current situation in:

United States — Muslim 0.6%

Australia — Muslim 1.5%

Canada — Muslim 1.9%

China — Muslim 1.8%

Italy — Muslim 1.5%

Norway — Muslim 1.8%

As the Muslim population reaches 2% to 5%, they begin to recruit from ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, within prisons and street gangs. This is happening in:

Denmark — Muslim 2%

Germany — Muslim 3.7%

United Kingdom — Muslim 2.7%

Spain — Muslim 4%

Thailand — Muslim 4.6%

“From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population,” Dr. Hammond notes. “For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food” and increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature such food on their shelves — along with threats for failure to comply. This is happening in:

France — Muslim 8%

Philippines — 5%

Sweden — Muslim 5%

Switzerland — Muslim 4.3%

The Netherlands — Muslim 5.5%

Trinidad & Tobago — Muslim 5.8%

Soon they begin to apply pressure to allow Sharia law within their own communities (sometimes ghettos).

“When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions,” Dr. Hammond notes. “In Paris, we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam, with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam.” These tensions are seen on a regular basis in:

Guyana — Muslim 10%

India — Muslim 13.4%

Israel — Muslim 16%

Kenya — Muslim 10%

Russia — Muslim 15%

The violence increases when the Muslim population reaches 20%. “After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues,” such as in:

Ethiopia — Muslim 32.8%

“At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare,” such as in:

Bosnia — Muslim 40%

Chad — Muslim 53.1%

Lebanon — Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, persecution of non-believing “infidels” rises significantly, including sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia law as a weapon, and Jizya, a tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania — Muslim 70%

Malaysia — Muslim 60.4%

Qatar — Muslim 77.5%

Sudan — Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out “infidels,” and move toward a 100% Muslim society, which has been experienced to some degree in:

Bangladesh — Muslim 83%

Egypt — Muslim 90%

Gaza — Muslim 98.7%

Indonesia — Muslim 86.1%

Iran — Muslim 98%

Iraq — Muslim 97%

Jordan — Muslim 92%

Morocco — Muslim 98.7%

Pakistan — Muslim 97%

Palestine — Muslim 99%

Syria — Muslim 90%

Tajikistan — Muslim 90%

Turkey — Muslim 99.8%

United Arab Emirates — Muslim 96%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

The Saudis aren't the be all and end all of Arab Muslims.

Name a Muslim country where homosexuality is legal.

After Hours, where if it’s not women and feminism that everyone’s ranting about, it’s Islam.

The travelers are getting a fierce handy time of it these days.

Personally, I prefer the ranting than shutting down all discussion on a topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Im not sure I'd be crazy about French levels of Islam in Ireland

https://www.rt.com/news/424405-toulouse-riots-woman-niqab/

A deprived district of Toulouse, France has been rocked by two nights of furious riots, triggered by the arrest of a woman who refused to remove her Islamic full-face veil for police. Some 18 people were arrested.

Hundreds of police units were deployed after young residents threw stones, torched cars and set fire to garbage cans, police told the AFP. The clashes began on Sunday afternoon in the Toulouse district of Bellefontaine after a woman wearing a full-face veil – which is illegal in France – was stopped by the police for an identity check.

Hundreds of policemen were mobilised during the clashes in Reynerie with around 15 cars set on fire by rioters and around 300 tear gas grenades launched in the crowd.

“The clashes were extremely violent. My colleagues were very shocked, the events were very complicated to manage but they showed a lot of composure,” said spokesperson Didier Martinez.

“There was clearly an intention to attack the police,” said district police officer Arnaud Bavois describing scenes of “great violence” during the riots. The high-risk districts of Reynerie, Bellefontaine and Mirail in Toulouse, are identified as priority security areas.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭CarlosHarpic

As a Pagan, I despise Christianity as much as Islam, as Crusade and Jihad are two sides of the same desert death cult coin. Neither religion will ever be right for Ireland.

The OP is correct, Islam is the new Abrahamic mind virus from the east. Be very concerned.

It took Christianity the better part of 2000 years to stop slaughtering Jews, Cathars, Pagans and well as anyone else. I expect Islam to be no different in this regard

Also, the Irish who support Gaza/Palestinian causes are spreading Jihad by the back door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Turkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

This is the thing that I don't understand. It tends to be those on the left who are all for immigration, and have no qualms about Islamic immigration. The very same people who during the Same-sex Marriage referendum would label anyone who was against the referendum as "homophobic".

Yet gay rights are essentially non-existent in the Muslim world, and even in Britain the majority of muslims polled believe that homosexuality should be illegal altogether, never mind not allowing gay people to marry.

The reason I dislike Muslim immigration is because I am a social liberal, and Islam is not a socially liberal religion. I wonder how many Muslims would vote to Repeal the 8th.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

murpho999 wrote: »
    Turkey

Ah Turkey, were the police fire rubber bullets at attendants of Gay pride events.

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Ah Turkey, were the police fire rubber bullets at attendants of Gay pride events.

That's not the point. By law it's legal, discrimination is another matter.

It's only been legal here since 1993, so neither Ireland or Catholicism have a great history on this despite recent improvements.

That's not the point. By law it's legal, discrimination is another matter.

It's only been legal here since 1993, so Ireland does or Catholicism does not have a great history on this despite recent improvements.

I understand you were answering the question posed. But discrimination IS the matter. The reason gay people were descriminated against was largely in part due to Catholicisms view of gay people i.e. it is a sin. Islam is no different, and you can be put to death for being gay in certain Islamic countries.

I don't want to undo all the good that has been only so recently by allowing large groups of people who have totally different traditions and world views into my country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I hate the fact that I dont know if this thread was started by a troll/shítposter, or someone genuine who wants to understand whats going on in Europe at the moment

Shut down the debate with hyperbole, mistruth and deflection, why don't you? I'm surprised you didn't use the word islamophobia in your post too.
    If you don't know whether the OP is a troll or not, don't bring it up.

• Advertisement

Turkey

Nice catch, and although Turkey is supposed to be a secular state, the same could be said of numerous other Muslim states (like Egypt), but homosexuality isn't legal there. Perhaps the reason for Turkey being the exception is due to its attempts to join the EU?

However, Turkey is perhaps the only counterexample, and since it is becoming less secular, and cares less about attempting to join the EU, I wouldn't be surprised to see homosexuality becoming illegal again in the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Link?

A link to prove the poster lives in the Arabian Penisnula...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

In Pakistan, Islam works but in Ireland Islamabad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

I can name several "Christian" countries where it is illegal if you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This is the thing that I don't understand. It tends to be those on the left who are all for immigration, and have no qualms about Islamic immigration. The very same people who during the Same-sex Marriage referendum would label anyone who was against the referendum as "homophobic".

Yet gay rights are essentially non-existent in the Muslim world, and even in Britain the majority of muslims polled believe that homosexuality should be illegal altogether, never mind not allowing gay people to marry.

The reason I dislike Muslim immigration is because I am a social liberal, and Islam is not a socially liberal religion. I wonder how many Muslims would vote to Repeal the 8th.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

The problem here is the use of the word immigration: yes, a lot of liberals would be comfortable with limited immigration. Somehow, though, this gets lost in translation and the majority of posts suddenly imply that EVERY liberal is completely in favour of unfettered open immigration, which is not usually the case.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

kosovo.
    albania also

I understand you were answering the question posed. But discrimination IS the matter. The reason gay people were descriminated against was largely in part due to Catholicisms view of gay people i.e. it is a sin. Islam is no different, and you can be put to death for being gay in certain Islamic countries.

I don't want to undo all the good that has been only so recently by allowing large groups of people who have totally different traditions and world views into my country.
    Nice catch, and although Turkey is supposed to be a secular state, the same could be said of numerous other Muslim states (like Egypt), but homosexuality isn't legal there. Perhaps the reason for Turkey being the exception is due to its attempts to join the EU?

However, Turkey is perhaps the only counterexample, and since it is becoming less secular, and cares less about attempting to join the EU, I wouldn't be surprised to see homosexuality becoming illegal again in the next few years.
    Well Catholicism and Islam are both against homosexuality but western countries do not follow any religion’s following on this.

Immigration will not mean that Ireland will become Islamic and the people who come will have to adapt to the country they are in. The real issue is how these immigrants are treated and integrated into their new society. Prevention of enclaves or ghettos like you see in UK or France is what should be avoided so that in the long run the immigrants adapt whilst keeping their own identity. It’s very difficult to achieve though.

Either way, it does not mean that they will become the dominant group.

Ataturk is the man who modernised Turkey and gave it secular laws but a lot of that is now being undone by Erdogan.

Their homosexual laws are nothing to do with the EU , which I don’t think they will ever join. Definitely not fit to join at the moment as Erdogan is eroding democracy there.

baylah17 wrote: »

Do you not see the difference? Exception to the rule etc. Also what exactly is your motivation for trying to make homophobic countries and their shared religion/ideology seem less so by employing whataboutery?

World_laws_pertaining_to_homosexual_relationships_and_expression.svg

Yellow, Orange, and Red are illegal, brown is death penalty. Yellow indicates no arrests in last 3 years.

Such as Uganda. Wouldn't be a big fan of immigration into Ireland from there either.

The problem here is the use of the word immigration: yes, a lot of liberals would be comfortable with limited immigration. Somehow, though, this gets lost in translation and the majority of posts suddenly imply that EVERY liberal is completely in favour of unfettered open immigration, which is not usually the case.

Most people I believe are in favour of limited immigration. But over the recent few years we have not seen limited immigration into Europe, and very little done to stop the numbers coming in.

Britain has seen huge numbers of immigrants and I believe people see this happening and fear it happening here. I like the open borders within the EU it's immigration from outside the EU, and predominately from non-western countries that I don't want to see too much of, not that Ireland necessarily does at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

World_laws_pertaining_to_homosexual_relationships_and_expression.svg

Yellow, Orange, and Red are illegal, brown is death penalty. Yellow indicates no arrests in last 3 years.

Ironically, India was very tolerant of homosexuality until the laws and attitudes were changed during the British occupation.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Turkey

It may be legal in Turkey but LGBT peoole are hugely oppressed and discriminated against there. The community largely is deep in the closet and any attempts to organise Pride events have been met with official and police resistance.

Ergodan is turning Turkey from a secular state into an Islamist one. Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

James 007 wrote: »
    ather than been racist about it etc

Tommy Robinson, former EDL

Oh lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

Islam is dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Well Catholicism and Islam are both against homosexuality but western countries do not follow any religion’s following on this.

Yeah, but there is no death penalty imposed by the state for homosexuality in Ireland last I heard. In these countries it's another story.

Afghanistan
    Brunei
    Iran
    Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
    Mauritania, only applies to Muslim men
    Sudan for a third conviction
    Northern Nigeria where several states have adopted sharia law
    Yemen
    Saudi Arabia
    Qatar applies only to Muslims, for extramarital-sex regardless of the gender of the participants
    Somalia where several southern states have adopted sharia law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Summer In the City

Its also legal in Jordan where the last time I checked they have no interest in joining the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Tell me - what do you actually know about Islam outside of what you're read in tabloids?

http://markhumphrys.com/polls.islam.html

Should read up on this ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

jaxxx wrote: »
    So... judging an entire group of people based on the actions of a few. Yeah. Good luck with that. Big difference between ordinary average Muslims and extremist Muslims.

^ Big difference between anything and an extremist form of same, let alone just singling out Islam.

it IS the actions of a very few sure - but the problem is the amount of support and sympathy they get from the population of "moderate" Muslims.

See the link I posted above...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Odhinn

http://markhumphrys.com/polls.islam.html

Should read up on this ...

Why? You might as well link to some randomer on here.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    It may be legal in Turkey but LGBT peoole are hugely oppressed and discriminated against there. The community largely is deep in the closet and any attempts to organise Pride events have been met with official and police resistance.

Ergodan is turning Turkey from a secular state into an Islamist one. Sad.

Agree 100% I was just pointing out a fact of legality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Islam is dangerous.

Christianity is dangerous. Particularly Catholicism in Ireland.

We and our previous generations are no different from those in other parts of the world.

eeguy wrote: »

We and our previous generations are no different from those in other parts of the world.

Except that there is no movement to modernise Islam, and bring it into the 20th/21st century. People who follow Islam are content to keep the existing structures of belief, and resist any suggestion of modernising it.

Secondly, we've already been exposed to Catholicism, and rejected its notions as part of Church and state. However, Islam is making inroads within various European countries to allow their religious laws to have real meaning within the existing framework of laws. Precedence is far more dangerous in our culture than it is in others.

Islam isn't particularly dangerous as long as we keep it at arms length. We've moved to the point where Catholicism is no longer respected or feared as it once was. We should be moving to place all religions into the same basket, and treat them equally. At a distance away from any real authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Summer In the City

However, Islam is making inroads within various European countries to allow their religious laws to have real meaning within the existing framework of laws. Precedence is far more dangerous in our culture than it is in others.

Do you have any examples of this?

• Advertisement

Its also legal in Jordan where the last time I checked they have no interest in joining the EU.

That's true, and apparently as far back as 1954! While the freedom of press isn't great in the country, otherwise it is one of the most progressive countries in the middle east.

What has made Jordan different from its neighbors? :confused:

The Catholic Church is a spent force in Ireland. Ireland grew up and shrugged off its autocratic rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

But nobody is asking you to become a Muslim or to practice their beliefs or to change the law to be more in line with Muslims values. If a Muslim comes here they will have to abide by the law here which prevents discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation. So what is your fear of exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

The Catholic Church is a spent force in Ireland. Ireland grew up and shrugged off its autocratic rule.

We're far from there yet.

The church still has plenty of influence on education and healthcare. Just look at church influence on the marriage referendum and the abortion referendum.

There's still plenty of money and plenty of sway from the Catholic church in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

bubblypop wrote: »
    kosovo.
    albania also

Funny you should mention Kosovo.
    It has gone from a secular state to probably Europe's Jihadist stronghold.

All thanks to huge Saudi investment in spreading Salafist attitude.

Bosnia also has gone backwards ever since the foreign islamist fighters of the 90s and also Saudi investment.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

You can't honestly compare Christianity to Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭conorhal

Islam isn't right for the Middle East, let alone Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

We're far from there yet.

The church still has plenty of influence on education and healthcare. Just look at church influence on the marriage referendum and the abortion referendum.

There's still plenty of money and plenty of sway from the Catholic church in this country.

yep. When the church owns something like 90% of the schools in the country you can't really say they have no influence.

Just referring back to the OP. The problem with talking about islam is that people tend to point out the worst adherents and use them as models for the entire religion. It's the equivalent of me picking the Lords Resistance Army and using them to say christian are violent and nasty.
    They'll also pick a few phrases from the Koran and say that is representative of the whole book and indeed the entire religion. Once again it's the same as me picking a few choice piece from the new testament and saying it's representative of the bible and all christians.

At the end of the day every muslim ends up being part of a huge monolithic culture that is only as good as it's worst member, rather than being an individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

You can't honestly compare Christianity to Islam.

Why not?

But nobody is asking you to become a Muslim or to practice their beliefs or to change the law to be more in line with Muslims values. If a Muslim comes here they will have to abide by the law here which prevents discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation. So what is your fear of exactly?

Did you read post 56?

My fear is the attitude these people have towards certain minorities and women. I am aware not all Muslims have these negative attitudes, but does it not worry you that, for example, 52% of British Muslims believe homosexuality should be illegal compared to "just" 5% of non-British Muslims?

And no they're not asking...yet.

Do you have any examples of this?

Well, we have the Sharia councils in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/02/the-guardian-view-on-sharia-councils-shedding-some-light

Then, we could consider something like this:

https://www.cspii.org/en/blog/sharia-law-in-europe

"The Law Society published guidelines for drawing up documents according to Islamic rules, which would exclude non-Muslims and encroach on women’s rights. Using these guidelines, High Street Solicitors will be able to write Islamic wills which will have the power to exclude non-Muslims completely and deny women an equal share of an inheritance [24]"

"The principle of Sharia law has also been used in Germany. Even though Sharia law is not included directly in the German legal code, it is officially used in court to decide ‘Muslim’ cases. Elements of Sharia were used in cases involving family and inheritance disputes [26–27]. The interior minister of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate supported the use of Sharia law in 2012 [28]. The court in Hamm announced in April 2013 that Sharia law will be applied in German courts for those who marry under Sharia law in a Muslim country and decide to seek divorce in Germany [29]."

Am I suggesting Sharia law is widespread in Europe? Nope. I'm not. I still prefer that we examine these things rather than ignore it.

Do you believe laws to be static? Or do you understand that if enough people agitate for change then change will come? Gay marriage and the future 8th repeal are examples, liberals always assume that the hardened attitudes of immigrants will soften as they adapt to our ways when the evidence points towards them keeping their beliefs and looking for society to bend to their wants.its a sort of bigotry within the liberal mind set, they assume the immigrants will want to be a part of our culture and forget their own, the same way they have the bigotry of low expectations for certain minority groups.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement