Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Islam right for Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Greyling

Rory28 wrote: »
    Why would him being American be an issue and why cant he have an opinion on Islam in Ireland?

Because Americans are inherently thick and we shouldn't listen to them.

Greyling wrote: »

Which is why they've been a superpower for 80 years, a leader in science, and at the forefront in business management science. What has your nationality achieved within the same timeframe?

Leave the stereotypes at the door, and stop being a muppet. :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 406 ✭✭Pepefrogok

All covered up by the mainstream liberal media. Just like the horrific New Years Eve attacks all over Germany in 2015, when countless women were attacked, raped and assaulted by Muslim immigrants.

Exactly, if someone called an ethnic minority a name on a bus is front page news across Europe but stuff like this is largely ignored, look at the difference in media attention and parliament time between the windrush situation where a few people have been affected by a bit of red tape which will ultimately be sorted with compensation and the grooming scandals, it's amazing and every one can see the hypocrisy, even those who pretend it's not there for their own weird ideology reasons.

Why would him being American be an issue and why cant he have an opinion on Islam in Ireland?

I suspect she's not American, despite the thickness and find it funny she's using phrases like "salty" and "language police". Nobody in Ireland says this **** in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Give them an inch and they Will want a mile. That why the answer to this thread is NO No and definitely NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I see you are a troll. Carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Which is why they've been a superpower for 80 years, a leader in science, and at the forefront in business management science. What has your nationality achieved within the same timeframe?

Leave the stereotypes at the door, and stop being a muppet. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't have brought that up. :)

Business schools are a bit of a joke. There's a running joke that MBA stands for mediocre but arrogant.

And most of the biggest changes we've seen in everything from continuous improvement to supply chain management came from the Japanese.

Edit: I say this as someone with a masters in business management.

I see you are a troll. Carry on.

Its not trolling to call Muslims terrorists but it is to call Americans thick?

http://time.com/4937675/how-to-fix-american-stupidity/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Won't happen here though, said somebody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

It's a numbers game, once they have the numbers to become a political force they will.
    I previously suggested a long time back that we'd see a rise of Muslim Brotherhood style parties in places like Belgium, the UK and Germany once the numbers made it politically viable. You only have to look at the Erdogan supporters holding rallys in Germany to see that there is a political Islamic constituancy for it.

Right now there's a concentration on entryism instead. You have an islamist wing in the Swedish Green Party and the reason Labour in the UK are so reluctant to address anti-Semitism in their party is in large part because they fear losing support in labour controlled constituencies where the councils are largely controlled by Muslim candidates. Islam is now a political constituency Labour can't afford to offend whereas the Jewish community is a political irrelevance.

Can you imagine a European nation where an Islamist party holds the balance of power the way the DUP do in England?
    It will probably eventually happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

http://mybs.in/2VmDVFY

ISIS sending more fighters to Europe warns UN.
    Shock!!

And instead of shutting down immigration Merkel and co. will do like they did in 2015 when the Leader of ISIS said he was going to flood Europe with over 500,000 ISIS soldiers. Ignore the threat and carry so they offer each other cheap praise for being "compassionate" and "embracing diversity"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Won't happen here though, said somebody.

I mentioned in post #1100 that its no coincidence that Belgium has the highest proportion of muslims per capita in Europe, and Belgium is the HQ of the European parliament.

The Islamic Party in Belgium are running 28 candidates in the next elections. The Islamic Party in Belgium also wants to create an Islamic State and introduce Sharia law.

It is an attempt to get the foot of Islam jammed in the door of Brussels, and make changes to laws which will be felt across Europe.

This is why I suggest that the EU should close the HQ in Brussels and open a new parliament in Portugal for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

I thought we weren't supposed to be judging people on their nationality/race/religeon??

Grayson wrote: »
    I wouldn't have brought that up. :)

Business schools are a bit of a joke. There's a running joke that MBA stands for mediocre but arrogant.

And most of the biggest changes we've seen in everything from continuous improvement to supply chain management came from the Japanese.

Edit: I say this as someone with a masters in business management.

I also have a MBA (I'm also halfway through a MBM, but honestly I've found that less relevant). I've found it incredibly useful but then, I got it after I'd already worked for a decade.

And while the Japanese have done well (or rather 2-3 theorists), most modern business management comes from Germany or Scandinavian countries (considering the shift in what's considered important), with the exception of the established guys like Porter.

I thought we weren't supposed to be judging people on their nationality/race/religeon??

Nah, if everyone else is making gross generalisations I'm getting on board.

• Advertisement

Gain some credibility as a poster first, and then people might consider you worth listening to. Going online and insulting a nationality while you just have 7 posts says more about you than the people you're describing.

Right now, I'm with the majority in thinking you're a waste of space troll. :rolleyes:

conorhal wrote: »
    It's a numbers game, once they have the numbers to become a political force they will.
    I previously suggested a long time back that we'd see a rise of Muslim Brotherhood style parties in places like Belgium, the UK and Germany once the numbers made it politically viable. You only have to look at the Erdogan supporters holding rallys in Germany to see that there is a political Islamic constituancy for it.

Right now there's a concentration on entryism instead. You have an islamist wing in the Swedish Green Party and the reason Labour in the UK are so reluctant to address anti-Semitism in their party is in large part because they fear losing support in labour controlled constituencies where the councils are largely controlled by Muslim candidates. Islam is now a political constituency Labour can't afford to offend whereas the Jewish community is a political irrelevance.

Can you imagine a European nation where an Islamist party holds the balance of power the way the DUP do in England?
    It will probably eventually happen.

100%
    How do you stop Islamisation when it's done through democracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Maybe that link might be beneficial to yourself ?

So far your contribution is to label an entire nation stupid.

And no one is calling ALL muslims terrorists, but of course your take on things is power for the course for some.

I wonder how many of the pro immigration brigade will comment on this little nugget.
    Somehow I expect either tumbleweed or the old resorting to "this isn't happening in Ireland or will never happen here" or "look at the right wing catholic politicians here".

Anything to deflect from an blatant issue of muslims looking for a change in secular European values to suit their misogynistic backwards belief system.

And from the interview I actually saw last night one quote is a bit ironic...

"It's a project born out of the request of women, who were really harassed, who were really abused, by people who are poorly educated, by perverts it must be said," Abdelhay Bakkali Tahiri, President of the Islam Party, told Euronews.

Who the feck have been some of the the worst at harassing and abusing women and girls of late in Europe ?
    Oh yes that would be muslim men.
    Maybe the president of the islam party could target men in his community rather than society at large.

Or better still he could emigrate to say Saudi Arabia where his views would be more at home. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

Gain some credibility as a poster first, and then people might consider you worth listening to. Going online and insulting a nationality while you just have 7 posts says more about you than the people you're describing.

Right now, I'm with the majority in thinking you're a waste of space troll. :rolleyes:

It's against the charter to accuse people of trolling.

Ok, I'll happily accept the warning from the mods in this case. Doesn't change my opinion, based on the subject material of your posts so far.

Perhaps contribute to the actual thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

100%
    Do the maths. The average western European family has what, 1.8 children? The average Muslim migrant family around 6.4 children from what I have seen online etc (figures may not be exact but you get the idea). How long before Muslims hold the majority vote in a lot of these countries? How do you stop Islamisation when it's done through democracy.

Many, many centuries.

I have a maths degree and I've seen the projections. You can trust me on this.

Numbers will increase but they won't be a majority.

Even then they would only be a majority if the growth rate remains the same. And that won't happen since second and third generations have less children than their ancestors.

And remember that muslims don't make a majority of migrants into Europe. So there's more non Muslims arriving than muslims.

If you google it you'll find plenty of research about it.

I have seen reference on some forum charters that it is
    "against the rules to act the muppet."

Now sure if it applies here though.

Ok, I'll happily accept the warning from the mods in this case. Doesn't change my opinion, based on the subject material of your posts so far.

Perhaps contribute to the actual thread?

I'm contributing as intelligently as anyone else in this thread. A bunch of lads using 4chan-speak nonsense, the odd outright racist, a couple of condescending pseudo intellectual middle men, one or two lefties all going around in circles.

Many, many centuries.

Even then they would only be a majority if the growth rate remains the same. And that won't happen since second and third generations have less children than their ancestors.

And remember that muslims don't make a majority of migrants into Europe. So there's more non Muslims arriving than muslims.

Any comment on the above post ?

Or will you only get worried when muslims reach 51% ?

Isn't it disconcerting to you at all that we now have a new political party in a Western European nation that wants segregation of the sexes and introduction of sharia in some shape ?
    Oh and that party has actually gotten elected politicians.

I'm contributing as intelligently as anyone else in this thread. A bunch of lads using 4chan-speak nonsense, the odd outright racist, a couple of condescending pseudo intellectual middle men, one or two lefties all going around in circles.

Well... thank goodness you're here to pass judgment on us all. Praise be to God! We are saved.

You're still not actually posting anything remotely related to the thread itself. So... waste of space, and easily ignored from now on. Mission accomplished.

Well... thank goodness you're here to pass judgment on us all. Praise be to God! We are saved.

You're still not actually posting anything remotely related to the thread itself. So... waste of space, and easily ignored from now on. Mission accomplished.

If you were half as smart as you think you are you wouldn't be still engaging with this thread.

Many, many centuries.

Where are the none Muslim migrants migrating from, other Euro countries don't count as they were already in Europe.
    Muslims would not need an overall majority of population, just enough of a majority vote. Muslims mostly tend (not all before you jump in) vote together as a block. A Muslim party/candidate would get the Muslim vote. You don't need a huge number to tip the balance in your favour. How many westerners eligible to vote actually bother? Not a lot, as they have become so disillusioned.
    But back to the link to Belgium. What happened to integrating??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

It's ironic that Ireland has only started throwing off the shackles of a religion that was homophobic, subjugated women, made some women wear veils, shamed single mothers, had sinister murderous secrets and kept people in mental slavery. Any religion that does this has no place in today's Ireland.

Religion is political in nature and could be considered a subtle form of colonisation. Irish people welcomed this aspect of the Catholic church in the past as it helped us overthrow English rule. If another religion does this in Ireland there is possibility that the country will slowly be colonised and Ireland will be Irish in name only but much that we cherish about our identity (mythology etc) will be no more. Women will find themselves in the same position as they did in the early 20th century and gay men will be forced to go into hiding again.

Emme wrote: »
    It's ironic that Ireland has only started throwing off the shackles of a religion that was homophobic, subjugated women, made some women wear veils, shamed single mothers, had sinister murderous secrets and kept people in mental slavery. Any religion that does this has no place in today's Ireland.

Religion is political in nature and could be considered a subtle form of colonisation. Irish people welcomed this aspect of the Catholic church in the past as it helped us overthrow English rule. If another religion does this in Ireland there is possibility that the country will slowly be colonised and Ireland will be Irish in name only but much that we cherish about our identity (mythology etc) will be no more. Women will find themselves in the same position as they did in the early 20th century and gay men will be forced to go into hiding again.

Ehh some term that cultural enrichment don't you know. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

100%
    Do the maths. The average western European family has what, 1.8 children? The average Muslim migrant family around 6.4 children from what I have seen online etc (figures may not be exact but you get the idea). How long before Muslims hold the majority vote in a lot of these countries? How do you stop Islamisation when it's done through democracy.

Obvious isn't it?
    Turn Europe into a radical police state where our values of freedom and democracy are held up by force if necessary.
    Any dissenters will be interred in camps and "reeducated".

The spectre of the Islam Bogeyman is always thrown around by the right wing in order for them to gain more control.
    Both sides are assholes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Obvious isn't it?
    Turn Europe into a radical police state where our values of freedom and democracy are held up by force if necessary.
    Any dissenters will be interred in camps and "reeducated".

The spectre of the Islam Bogeyman is always thrown around by the right wing in order for them to gain more control.
    Both sides are assholes.

Exactly. Sure Ireland is only getting doctors and engineers from these countries and will be different from everywhere else. :rollseyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The Belgian Islam party who are standing in 28 constituencies and have two MPs already. This is one of their manifesto goals.
    "It's really good to separate men from women on public transport. It's a project born out of the request of women, who were really harassed, who were really abused, by people who are poorly educated, by perverts it must be said"
    This is how the people of Belgium are repaid for giving them sanctuary? Their plan is to impose their way of life on the nation they habit and take the freedom's of the indigenous people's away.
    This is a stark warning for Ireland. Cop the hell on.
    In one ear out the other until our children's children are marched to a mosque at gunpoint in Irelandistan circa 2060.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

100%

Jasus don't let the truth get in the way of your hateful bigoted bullhsit.

Worldwide
    Muslim population growth refers to the topic of population growth of Muslims worldwide. In 2006, countries with a Muslim majority had an average population growth rate of 1.8% per year (when weighted by percentage Muslim and population size).[1] This compares with a world population growth rate of 1.1% per year.[2] As of 2011, it was predicted that the world's Muslim population will grow twice as fast as non-Muslims over the next 20 years. By 2030, Muslims will make up more than a quarter of the global population.[3]

Globally, Muslims have the highest fertility rate, an average of 3.1 children per woman—well above replacement level (2.1) due to young age of Muslims (median age of 23) compared to other religious groups.[4] Christians are second, at 2.7 children per woman.[5] Hindu fertility (2.4) is similar to the global average (2.5).[6] Worldwide, Jewish fertility (2.9 children[7] per woman) also is above replacement level.[8] All the other groups have fertility levels too low to sustain their populations and would require converts to grow or maintain their size: indigenous and tribal religions (1.8 children per woman), other religions (1.7), the unaffiliated (1.7) and Buddhists (1.6)

Europe
    Data for the rates of growth of Islam in Europe reveal that the growing number of Muslims is due primarily to immigration and higher birth rates.[49] Eric Kaufman of University of London argue that the main reason why Islam is expanding, is not because of conversion to Islam, but primarily to the nature of the religion as he call it “pro-natal”, where Muslims tend to have more children.[50] Muslim women today have an average of 2.2 children compared to an estimated average of 1.5 children for non-Muslim women in Europe.[9] While the birth rate for Muslims in Europe is expected to decline over the next two decades, it will remain slightly higher than in the non-Muslim population,[9] except for Dutch-Turks, who have a lower birthrate (1.7) than the native Dutch population (1.8).[51][52]

Sure it used to be the catholics.

“THEY BREED LIKE rabbits and multiply like vermin.”

Just one of Ian Paisley’s unwelcome, vicious statements about Catholics in Northern Ireland. It was made at a Loyalist rally in 1969 and was in keeping with much of what he said during the following three decades.

• Site Banned Posts: 406 ✭✭Pepefrogok

RustyNut wrote: »

Worldwide

Europe

Just one of Ian Paisley’s unwelcome, vicious statements about Catholics in Northern Ireland. It was made at a Loyalist rally in 1969 and was in keeping with much of what he said during the following three decades.

What to try and shut up the dissenting voices there sport! Yip anyone who thinks the problems will only get worse as the Muslim population grows are all bigots! Sure every single country that this has happened in turned violent and oppressive but that's just coincidence and I am sure it will not happen here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Sure it used to be the catholics. Just one of Ian Paisley’s unwelcome, vicious statements about Catholics in Northern Ireland. It was made at a Loyalist rally in 1969 and was in keeping with much of what he said during the following three decades.

Well there was a measure of truth to that wasn't there? In the sense that maybe 25% of babies born were born to Catholic families versus 65% to Protestant families in 1921 Northern Ireland. In 2011 that figure is 45% to not quite 30%. Demographics can change and change quite significantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Pepefrogok wrote: »
    What to try and shut up the dissenting voices there sport! Yip anyone who thinks the problems will only get worse as the Muslim population grows are all bigots! Sure every single country that this has happened in turned violent and oppressive but that's just coincidence and I am sure it will not happen here!

Do you not think that it is a good thing to call out people who are posting blatant mistruths?

You might want to consider their populations in addition to their growth percentage. China with a population of 1.4 Billion with a 12% increase makes more sense to people... The percentage alone doesn't convey the real scale involved.

This is gold.
    What about the link I put in my post on page 92? Why did you skip past that without a comment, yet pick up a numbers error in my other post? Another poster predicted that my post would get ignored as it was inconvenient.
    Hateful and bigoted are meaningless words today, they are used way too often.
    The World figures you posted are meaningless as only the European figures matter to this discussion really. Yes my figures are way off from yours, but I had heard/read that the birthrate for Muslim migrants in Europe is 6.4 as apposed to Europeans at around 1.8 or similar. I didn't just make it up. Now dry your eyes.

• Advertisement

Pepefrogok wrote: »

I'm far from trying to shut anyone down, there are some posters on this thread with views I would be in complete disagreement with but whose views I would respect as they are thought out well informed opinions, Wibbs and klaz spring to mind.

On the other hand there are the extremists who would have more in common with ISIS than any freedom respecting democrat in their hatred and bigotry. They are happy to post blatant lies and bullsh1t of the highest order that can be refuted with a 30 second search on google. The more of this bull that gets posted the better as it allowed reasonable people to see these posts for the ridiculous extremist bile that they are, so carry on lads, I for one get a laugh out of this kind of stuff.
    How can some marginalised minorities flourish and yet Muslims do not?

James 007 wrote: »
    Another incident relates to killing a girl and using her as meat, I dont know the full facts of this one but have read it somewhere.
    JohnMc1 wrote: »
    This is why they are determined to push through with abortion in a few weeks. They're hoping Irish women will start aborting their babies and thus bringing down the number of Irish born so they can justify this plan by claiming we need to bring them in. Irish reproduction numbers are still at a healthy level so they really can't justify this plan at the moment.

The average Muslim migrant family around 6.4 children from what I have seen online etc (figures may not be exact but you get the idea)..

4 minute film about a girl from Luton who returns home and sees big changes, for the worse.

The other cheek of the extremist arse.

Some reasonable people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Saw that Video of EDL lads. Scumbags whole lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

4 minute film about a girl from Luton who returns home and sees big changes, for the worse.

Here is the thing I do not understand after watching something like that.
    If they have so much Hatred for the U.K. and detest the system and laws, why the hell are they still living there. Why don't they just pack up and move to a country that is more in keeping with their beliefs and culture.
    My other question then is what is their motive for staying if they hate the place so much? Because it obviously has nothing to do with societal integration, so what is their agenda?
    I know from watching enough of these type of documentaries and interviews that the main "objective" of some is to "...fly the black flag of Islam above 10 Downing St."
    How soon before this element make themselves known on our shores and want the "black flag of islam" flying above the GPO.

This girl says they are here already..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Catholics, slavs and Jews. Chinese via the dread of the "yellow peril". Same sort of hyperbole, yet from over a hundred years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Odhinn wrote: »
    Catholics, slavs and Jews. Chinese via the dread of the "yellow peril". Same sort of hyperbole, yet from over a hundred years ago.

Pretty much. Generalisations galore while any dissent is met with insults, histrionics and claims of shutting down discussion.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

What's your point? All I see is a bunch of extremist religious nutters running for election. That's the way democracy works.

Imagine their reaction when they find out who ran against Theresa May in the last election. The intergalactic spacelord Lord Buckethead received 249 votes. I'm not adverse to his bicycle campaign.

Imagine their reaction when they find out who ran against Theresa May in the last election. The intergalactic spacelord Lord Buckethead received 249 votes. I'm not adverse to his bicycle campaign.

And he eats babies for breakfast, has two mickeys, four vaginas gives birth 3 times every night. I read that somewhere, not sure where.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

If I was in the Monster raving loonies, I'd be wondering if, looking at Nigel Farage, I'm irrelevant to the zeitgeist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Odhinn wrote: »

The cry of "it's all hyperbole and it's the same as the nazis with the Jews" is all well and good, but here are some facts, without any hyperbole:

An entire state, with a population of 8 million, was set up in the name of Islam in 2014, that slaughtered thousands of people, took tens of thousands as slaves, and took the combined armies of several states, and three years of extraordinary bloodshed, to subdue

In 2017, there were an average of 2 large-scale Islamic terrorism attacks EVERY MONTH, leading to the violent deaths of over 450 people

Already in 2018, over 400 people have been killed in Islamic terrorist attacks

Muslims in France, Germany, and Sweden are physically attacking and even killing Jews

The threat to European democracy from Islam is not hyperbole, but is a simple fact, demonstrated time and again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement