Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Islam right for Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

bubblypop wrote: »
    You really quite aggressive!
    No, I don't call people racist unless they are racist.
    Neither do I judge people on anything other than their actions.

So whats your explanation for their overrepresentation in sexual assaults ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Gravelly wrote: »
    Every immigrant? You think the German, Spanish, and French that come here to work in Google or Facebook need to be taught not to molest girls at the swimming pool, or grope women on the Luas?

Like I've said about you already, you are just not honest.

I can imagine him nodding and saying "yes yes yes!" with a straight face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I can imagine him nodding and saying "yes yes yes!" with a straight face.

Or the "sexual emergency" excuse.

Jesus (and Mohammed probably) Wept!

Every immigrant? You think the German, Spanish, and French that come here to work in Google or Facebook need to be taught not to molest girls at the swimming pool, or grope women on the Luas?

Like I've said about you already, you are just not honest.

I didn't mention not molesting women. I do believe everyone should go to classes about their new country. Customs, language etc.
    I see no harm in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I didn't mention not molesting women. I do believe everyone should go to classes about their new country. Customs, language etc.
    I see no harm in that.

So you're not addressing the point made at all then?

Thought not.

• Advertisement

Really, why though?

Because every piece of information about someone is important. A persons nationality leads to understanding their cultural background, in some cases their religious or ideological leanings, etc.

Westerners tends to pride themselves of their individuality, but there are many other cultures where collectivist or conformist tendencies are more common, and knowing their nationality would give you some insight in how they might behave in a given situation. In business negotiation, knowing that the customer is Japanese has massive influence over whether the negotiation will progress (or stall), because of cultural differences, and to know the cultural differences, you need to know the nationality.

Judging criminal behavior based on a persons nationality or personality should not be taken as an absolute... just as a persons gender shouldn't be, however, these are all factors to consider when analyzing patterns or trends in behavior.

Do you believe that a persons gender should be removed from records? After all, statistics are regularly used based on gender to show Domestic Abuse rates, or rape statistics. Why is it terrible to do the same with nationality, ethnicity, etc....? Unless you believe the Gardai do not record a persons gender relating to crime?

Do you believe that a persons gender should be removed from records? After all, statistics are regularly used based on gender to show Domestic Abuse rates, or rape statistics. Why is it terrible to do the same with nationality, ethnicity, etc....? Unless you believe the Gardai do not record a persons gender relating to crime?

Of course I don't believe that. Gardai of course know as much as they can about everyone, you know that if you even report a crime, they take all your details. That information is not for crime statistics however.
    & yes of course people studying crime & what causes people to commit crime gather as much info as possible.
    Obviously.
    I pointed out that Ireland's crime statistics do not give offenders by nationality.
    I didn't make the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I can guarantee that nowhere do the gardai record nationality, ethnicity etc of offenders.
    An offender is an offender & it doesn't matter a damn what colour, race or creed he/she is.
    Justice must be equal for everyone.

Actually you made the statement that the Gardai don't take nationality into account at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Irish prison committals based on nationality from 2016 -2012

Committals classified by offence 2016 - 2007

* In 2010 the Irish Prison Service re categorised the offence groups under which prisoners’ convictions are
    recorded. The Irish Prison Service statistics are now compiled using the same offence groupings as those
    used by An Garda Síochána, the Central Statistics Office, the Courts Service and the Probation Service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Sweden has become a hell hole. Mumford & Sons will no longer perform at music festivals in Sweden due to the amount of sexual assaults and lack of action.
    Migrant gangs go to festivals purely to assault/rape Swedish women. They surround an individual so as security and bystanders can't intervene while they assault them, then move on to the next victim. Animals.
    The link between Muslim migrants and sexual assault/rape is echoed accross Europe. It's not a minority, it's a significant proportion.

Not to disparage your sources but the views of Mumford & Sons seems a somewhat simplistic foundation on which to regard a country as a 'hellhole'. Indeed, Sweden has become somewhat of a love-in for the 'Muslims be evil' brigade. But let's first address your comments that it has become a hellhole. According to the OECD Better Life Index 2018 (http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/sweden/), Sweden remains one of the best places in the world to live. Its employment figures, educational statistics, life expectancy, civic participation responses, voter turnout and general life satisfaction are all above OECD averages. It also topped the 2017 EU Gender Equality Index (Hungary interestingly, that current bastion of anti-Muslim immigration rhetoric, ranks bottom of that index!).

If Sweden is a hellhole therefore, I'm Enoch Powell.

Now, thanks in no small part to Sweden's fairly excellent record on gender equality, they also have relatively broad definitions for sex crimes. Sweden introduced legislation in April 2005 which broadened the definition of rape to include acts which were previously classified under the separate category of 'sexual exploitation'. Naturally, rape statistics have therefore increased since then (notably this increase began long before refugees arrive from Syria!). The legislation was made even tougher again in 2013. To illustrate the importance of definition -- one charge of rape against Julian Assange in Sweden is based on the fact he removed his condom before ejaculating, while under German law right until last year, a victim saying 'no' to a certain sexual act did not necessarily meet the legal definition of rape. So -- at least to some extent -- Sweden is being labelled some sort of European Rape Hotspot purely on the fact that it has relatively strong sex crime laws which thus translate into what may be misleadingly higher statistics on a comparative basis with other European countries.

National variations between how crimes are defined and recorded can skew perceptions of data. Official UN figures have previously placed Australia and Canada higher on the 'league table' for kidnappings per 100,000 people than Mexico or Colombia -- because both AUS and CAN include parental disputes over child custody in kidnapping figures, while MEX and COL do not. Furthermore, contrary to what some have said here about there being some conspiracy to muddy the sex crime figures in Sweden, it actually has one of the more thorough and open data availability processes. This, combined with Sweden's broader definitions on sex crime, unfortunately has contributed to allowing right wingers to pursue an agenda that the country is falling into chaos when, by almost all measures of quality of life, Sweden is an exemplar.

None of the above is intended to say 'there is no problem'. Of course there is a problem, but one cannot address a problem without understanding it properly, and one cannot properly understand a problem while their head is soaring in the dark clouds of sensationalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

Not to disparage your sources but the views of Mumford & Sons seems a somewhat simplistic foundation on which to regard a country as a 'hellhole'. Indeed, Sweden has become somewhat of a love-in for the 'Muslims be evil' brigade. But let's first address your comments that it has become a hellhole. According to the OECD Better Life Index 2018 (http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/sweden/), Sweden remains one of the best places in the world to live. Its employment figures, educational statistics, life expectancy, civic participation responses, voter turnout and general life satisfaction are all above OECD averages. It also topped the 2017 EU Gender Equality Index (Hungary interestingly, that current bastion of anti-Muslim immigration rhetoric, ranks bottom of that index!).

If Sweden is a hellhole therefore, I'm Enoch Powell.

Now, thanks in no small part to Sweden's fairly excellent record on gender equality, they also have relatively broad definitions for sex crimes. Sweden introduced legislation in April 2005 which broadened the definition of rape to include acts which were previously classified under the separate category of 'sexual exploitation'. Naturally, rape statistics have therefore increased since then (notably this increase began long before refugees arrive from Syria!). The legislation was made even tougher again in 2013. To illustrate the importance of definition -- one charge of rape against Julian Assange in Sweden is based on the fact he removed his condom before ejaculating, while under German law right until last year, a victim saying 'no' to a certain sexual act did not necessarily meet the legal definition of rape. So -- at least to some extent -- Sweden is being labelled some sort of European Rape Hotspot purely on the fact that it has relatively strong sex crime laws which thus translate into what may be misleadingly higher statistics on a comparative basis with other European countries.

National variations between how crimes are defined and recorded can skew perceptions of data. Official UN figures have previously placed Australia and Canada higher on the 'league table' for kidnappings per 100,000 people than Mexico or Colombia -- because both AUS and CAN include parental disputes over child custody in kidnapping figures, while MEX and COL do not. Furthermore, contrary to what some have said here about there being some conspiracy to muddy the sex crime figures in Sweden, it actually has one of the more thorough and open data availability processes. This, combined with Sweden's broader definitions on sex crime, unfortunately has contributed to allowing right wingers to pursue an agenda that the country is falling into chaos when, by almost all measures of quality of life, Sweden is an exemplar.

None of the above is intended to say 'there is no problem'. Of course there is a problem, but one cannot address a problem without understanding it properly, and one cannot properly understand a problem while their head is soaring in the dark clouds of sensationalism.

Basically obfuscate the **** out of every argument til everyone gets bored and you "win".

People like you are genuinely the reason why idiots like Trump got elected and why situations like Brexit occured.

You simply will not let anything interfere in your idea of the world...

Basically obfuscate the **** out of every argument til everyone gets bored and you "win".

People like you are genuinely the reason why idiots like Trump got elected and why situations like Brexit occured.

You simply will not let anything interfere in your idea of the world...

There does seem to be an interesting tendency on this thread to confuse disagreement with obfuscation.

The reason Trump got voted and situations like Brexit happened was because people listened to those who shouted the loudest and decried those who urged them to think a little more as 'snowflakes' / 'libtards' / 'loony lefties'. Ify ou're trying to make some point that my arguments anger people so much that they feel compelled to disagree with me and all those who share my views, then that is indeed unfortunate. But I am not here to massage anyone's intellectual ego -- if I bore you or anger you -- then by all means ignore me and remain in the comfort of your echo chamber.

If you want to agree with a guy who calls Sweden a hellhole when it is crystal clear that it is not or who cites Mumford & Sons as some sort of compelling reference point then you are perfectly entitled to that. If you see it as 'obfuscation' for someone to respond to his comment however with OECD statistics and a factual description of Swedish law (if you dispute the statistics/facts, feel free to say why), then I must confess to be at a loss as to how you expect me to debate with anyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

There does seem to be an interesting tendency on this thread to confuse disagreement with obfuscation.

The reason Trump got voted and situations like Brexit happened was because people listened to those who shouted the loudest and decried those who urged them to think a little more as 'snowflakes' / 'libtards' / 'loony lefties'. Ify ou're trying to make some point that my arguments anger people so much that they feel compelled to disagree with me and all those who share my views, then that is indeed unfortunate. But I am not here to massage anyone's intellectual ego -- if I bore you or anger you -- then by all means ignore me and remain in the comfort of your echo chamber.

If you want to agree with a guy who calls Sweden a hellhole when it is crystal clear that it is not or who cites Mumford & Sons as some sort of compelling reference point then you are perfectly entitled to that. If you see it as 'obfuscation' for someone to respond to his comment however with OECD statistics and a factual description of Swedish law (if you dispute the statistics/facts, feel free to say why), then I must confess to be at a loss as to how you expect me to debate with anyone!

I hardly used Mumford & Sons as a compelling reference point, I included Mumford & Sons as a previous poster had included a link to a news article regarding sexual assaults at music concerts in Sweden. Mumford & Sons do not do anymore Swedish music concerts for precisely this reason. But you choose to single out this reference and use it out of context.
    I take your point regarding the shift in Swedish law to widen the range of offences which can be classed as rape. However there is without doibt a huge problem with migrant sexual assaults and rape in Sweden and other areas of Europe with large Muslim migrant populations. Much of it even more worryingly against under age girls.
    I'd also disagree with you regards Brexit and Trump. The far left are by far the loudest, and people are becoming more and more tired of their bull5h1t. (I'm not linking you to far left).

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10992/sweden-instability

While the increase in the number of reported rapes should not be interpreted as Sweden having a "rape epidemic," in June 2017, for example, Sweden's public broadcasting television reported that in just a little over a year, 15 unaccompanied migrant boys from Afghanistan were convicted of gang-rapes of other boys in Sweden.

I hardly used Mumford & Sons as a compelling reference point, I included Mumford & Sons as a previous poster had included a link to a news article regarding sexual assaults at music concerts in Sweden. Mumford & Sons do not do anymore Swedish music concerts for precisely this reason. But you choose to single out this reference and use it out of context.
    I take your point regarding the shift in Swedish law to widen the range of offences which can be classed as rape. However there is without doibt a huge problem with migrant sexual assaults and rape in Sweden and other areas of Europe with large Muslim migrant populations. Much of it even more worryingly against under age girls.
    I'd also disagree with you regards Brexit and Trump. The far left are by far the loudest, and people are becoming more and more tired of their bull5h1t. (I'm not linking you to far left).

Absolutely fine on your first paragraph -- though one can only ever respond to what is written. In fairness you did refer to Sweden as a hellhole though and this was the point I pursued with greater detail in my post. As for my comments on Swedish law, which a previous contributor has called 'obfuscation', all I have done is try to demonstrate that there is more to these figures than meets the eye.

Turning to the question of sexual crime among the migrant population. In order to respond to you fairly, perhaps you could link me to the studies or sources on which you are basing your view regarding the problem of sexual violence among migrants in Sweden. That way, at least we can both look at the same material and see where the discussion goes.

I see that you have sent me one link in a later comment to an article written by Nima Gholam Ali Pour (a member of the anti-immigration Swedish Democrats). On the caveat that I would question potential bias, I will of course give it a read and let you know what I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Any of you Boardsies at this event? The mask slips at about 3 minutes.

Free speech event.

Free speech event.

Nice going, man. You're not the worst type of social commentator whatsoever.

Nice going, man. You're not the worst type of social commentator whatsoever.

I wonder if any of the things said in that video have not been said in this thread.

I wonder if any of the things said in that video have not been said in this thread.

What, like words and stuff?

How about just fek off if that's your contribution.

What, like words and stuff?

How about just fek off if that's your contribution.

Ah don't be mad. Look, the alt righters here are more than happy to pull out instances of bad muslims from all around Europe to try and prove their points. Yet whenever there is a comparison made the other way they turn into snowflakes. Here is a group of people saying exactly the same things as the posters in this thread and every other anti muslim thread. So why is it not ok to compare them to the anti muslim posters to the Tommy Robinson squad?

• Advertisement

Ah don't be mad. Look, the alt righters here are more than happy to pull out instances of bad muslims from all around Europe to try and prove their points. Yet whenever there is a comparison made the other way they turn into snowflakes. Here is a group of people saying exactly the same things as the posters in this thread and every other anti muslim thread. So why is it not ok to compare them to the anti muslim posters to the Tommy Robinson squad?
    How about contribute to the thread at hand and respond to people, instead of just seeing a video and thinking 'oh I know a pack of cants just like that."

You're lazy. Exceptionally lazy, and hateful as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Free speech event.

How many times have Mohammed Hijab and his goons been violent and tried to shut down free speech at speakers corner?

Him and Ali Dawah went there looking to start trouble.

How about contribute to the thread at hand and respond to people, instead of just seeing a video and thinking 'oh I know a pack of cants just like that."

You're lazy. Exceptionally lazy, and hateful as well.

I'd gladly compare the quality and relevance of our respective contributions in this thread Mr Google. As for the insults? I think I'm well outdone in the hateful comments here.
    thebull85 wrote: »
    How many times have Mohammed Hijab and his goons been violent and tried to shut down free speech at speakers corner?

Him and Ali Dawah went there looking to start trouble.

They were invited. It's also pretty clear who started the trouble. And I suppose the police were just muslim sympathisers in your view.

Honestly, probably quite a few. This thread consists of many different perspectives on the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if some of my own concerns are expressed in such videos... doesn't mean that the alt-right have a monopoly on being concerned about Islam. Any group is going to canvas ideas from many sources, and determine how to fit it in with their own "message". The Alt-right just take their concerns to the extremes.

Now, admittedly, it would make dismissing any criticism of Islam far easier, if you could lump everyone into an extreme group. ;)

Honestly, probably quite a few. This thread consists of many different perspectives on the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if some of my own concerns are expressed in such videos... doesn't mean that the alt-right have a monopoly on being concerned about Islam. Any group is going to canvas ideas from many sources, and determine how to fit it in with their own "message". The Alt-right just take their concerns to the extremes.

Now, admittedly, it would make dismissing any criticism of Islam far easier, if you could lump everyone into an extreme group. ;)

Wouldn't it though? It is an ideology after all.

Wouldn't it though? It is an ideology after all.

It used to be simply that. Now, it's a label assigned to pretty much anything/anyone not obviously leftist.

Free speech event.

You wouldn't happen to be the charming liberal lady in this video, would you?

https://youtu.be/Y69tkCbeC5o

You wouldn't happen to be the charming liberal lady in this video, would you?

https://youtu.be/Y69tkCbeC5o

I don't wear glasses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Hey captain obvious.Have you any videos of the Islamist March that took place in Dublin when they chanted USA you will pay.wonder what they meant.This should not be allowed to take place in our country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Hey captain obvious.Have you any videos of the Islamist March that took place in Dublin when they chanted USA you will pay.wonder what they meant.This should not be allowed to take place in our country.

It was probably a reference to Obama-Care.
    It couldn't be anything violent because Islam is a religion of peace.

I don't wear glasses

I'm not sure about that, I think you may have a rose-tinted pair firmly attached.

It was probably a reference to Obama-Care.
    It couldn't be anything violent because Islam is a religion of peace.

A valid strategy for Islamic extremists would be to just let Trump destroy the country.
    I'm not sure about that, I think you may have a rose-tinted pair firmly attached.

You should try them. Less stress in your life. You won't have to worry about the Muslim boogeyman.

You should try them. Less stress in your life. You won't have to worry about the Muslim boogeyman.

I'm a father and not a modern "liberal" so I feel a responsibility to see beyond virtue signalling and try to leave a habitable world for those who come after me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Free speech event.

The irony will of course be lost on the likes of you Captain Obvious, but the very video you posted to discredit Tommy Robinson clearly shows a policeman getting the head punched off him at the 12:50 mark by not one of Tommy Robinson's supporters, but by a violent Muslim.

A valid strategy for Islamic extremists would be to just let Trump destroy the country.

Probably. I guess these would have been the moderates then. :D

• Advertisement

I'm a father and not a modern "liberal" so I feel a responsibility to see beyond virtue signalling and try to leave a habitable world for those who come after me.

I guess we differ on what we consider habitable. I would see a habitable one as one were an individual is held accountable by their own actions and not one where it is ok to judge or punish a person based on their ethnic background or family ties.
    The irony will of course be lost on the likes of you Captain Obvious, but the very video you posted to discredit Tommy Robinson clearly shows a policeman getting the head punched off him at the 12:50 mark by not one of Tommy Robinson's supporters, but by a violent Muslim.

we'll have to disagree on that. But it is interesting that you see him as the bigger problem than the rest.

I guess we differ on what we consider habitable. I would see a habitable one as one were an individual is held accountable by their own actions and not one where it is ok to judge or punish a person based on their ethnic background or family ties.

I consider it's more important that women aren't classed as chattels, drawing a picture of an imaginary holy man, homosexuality, being at a concert, or blasphemy aren't punishable by death, and there are no no-go areas in cities for citizens of those cities, than the risk that someone's feelings may be hurt.

Guess we just see the world in a different way.

I consider it's more important that women aren't classed as chattels, drawing a picture of an imaginary holy man, homosexuality, being at a concert, or blasphemy aren't punishable by death, and there are no no-go areas in cities for citizens of those cities, than the risk that someone's feelings may be hurt.

The fact that you consider racism/bigotry/discrimination as people's "feelings being hurt" does indeed indicate we see the world differently.

The fact that you consider racism/bigotry/discrimination as people's feelings being hurt does indeed indicate we see the world differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheManTheMyth

Really, why though?

A lack of statistical information runs contrary to good criminology understanding, sound public policy and good public administration.

It is literally plugging your head in the sand to spite yourself.

• Advertisement

The fact that you consider racism/bigotry/discrimination as people's feelings being hurt does indeed indicate we see the world differently.

racism-racism-everywhere.png

How many Muslims in Europe treat women as chattels?
    How many Muslims in Europe think homosexuality / blasphemy should be punishable by death?
    Which 'no-go' areas are you referring to? Where are they? Why are they 'no-go' areas?

As someone who is clearly quite sure of their convictions, I presume you have these figures to hand.

I always find it remarkable that the people who are perfectly happy to generalise all Muslims as racist / sexist / sectarian / homophobic / violent / uncooperative don't take it too well when they feel they themselves are generalised by others as, say, racist.

Why is it OK for you to generalise Muslims but it's absolutely not OK for anyone else to generalise you? I'm sure you are a perfectly good and decent person -- but there are a lot of violent nasty people in the world who oppose Muslims immigration but would also actively set out to hurt them or hurl racial abuse at them.

If you don't want to be generalised along with the skinheads and fascists -- why do it to others?

Fortunately not. It's just a lot more prevalent in online forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheManTheMyth

Calls for more thorough statistics were again heard in Sweden after the Aftonbladet tabloid this week published a report on gang rape, finding that out of 112 people found guilty of gang rape in 2012-2017, 82 were born outside of Europe.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/rLKwKR/unik-granskning-112-pojkar-och-man-domda-for-gruppvaldtakt

Calls for more thorough statistics were again heard in Sweden after the Aftonbladet tabloid this week published a report on gang rape, finding that out of 112 people found guilty of gang rape in 2012-2017, 82 were born outside of Europe.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/rLKwKR/unik-granskning-112-pojkar-och-man-domda-for-gruppvaldtakt

So what are the extrapolations here then? Does the study specify whether the 82 born outside of Europe were all Muslims? What does this study tell you?

So what are the extrapolations here then? Does the study specify whether the 82 born outside of Europe were all Muslims? What does this study tell you?

Sadly I don't think it would make one bit of difference to you if they were.

I'd bet my right arm and right leg that the vast majority are.

Sadly I don't think it would make one bit of difference to you if they were.

This is precisely my point about people using tabloid media sources instead of actually sitting down and properly researching what they read. The Sun quotes 'Morocco World News' in the story ....

Here is a link to Morocco World News which clearly says at the end of article that the incident was a hoax:

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2017/08/225797/15-teenagers-treated-for-rabies-after-engaging-in-bestiality-with-donkey/

So many of you are just quoting random articles with no sense of scrutiny or healthy scepticism for what you are reading or who is writing it. You see something which confirms your prejudices and you just accept it blindly as truth.

This is precisely my point about people using tabloid media sources instead of actually sitting down and properly researching what they read. The Sun quotes 'Morocco World News' in the story ....

Here is a link to Morocco World News which clearly says at the end of article that the incident was a hoax:

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2017/08/225797/15-teenagers-treated-for-rabies-after-engaging-in-bestiality-with-donkey/

So many of you are just quoting random articles with no sense of scrutiny or healthy scepticism for what you are reading or who is writing it. You see something which confirms your prejudices and you just accept it blindly as truth.

I was on about the report from Sweden.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement