Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Islam right for Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Not once was there any incidents of repeal supporters posing for selfies inside the Clonskeagh mosque, nor was there any memes posted online of Clonskeagh mosque members mocking them for their stance in calling for a no vote . There is a double standard at play with many on the left that,s ok to poke fun & ridicule the church but not ok to do likewise with Islam.

That would take some actual courage on their part to go into a Mosque and pull stunts like that. I'm going to sit back and watch when the Lefties of Ireland get the true unfiltered, un-Fake News version of Islam. I'd laugh in their stupid faces if it wasn't for the fact that they have irreversibly ruined Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I noticed a lot of these militant femminists who were shouting and roaring about repealing the 8th were kinda Bull Dykes.

You know the types they are tough looking and look like a cross between a skin head man and tomboy type of effort.....

Anyhow Ireland isn't right for Islam....

nthclare wrote: »
    I noticed a lot of these militant femminists who were shouting and roaring about repealing the 8th were kinda Bull Dykes.

You know the types they are tough looking and look like a cross between a skin head man and tomboy type of effort.....

And don't forget the dyed hair. It's hilarious how the Feminists that scream about rape control and demand abortion on demand. They have absolutely nothing to worry about. They'll never be in a position to need an abortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They'll never be in a position to need an abortion.
    Lesbian couples do get pregnant to have kids.Stop talking out yer hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Yeah it's desperate, chequered shirts, doc boots etc, not very welcoming at-all!? Unlike the RedTube ones who are most pleasing.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

WTF talk about a non-sequitur

Also ad hominem. What does it matter how they look? If you have an issue with their position debate that.

And anyway the Islamic bodies on the whole would have been anti-abortion (in the same way that the Catholic bodies generally were). Not that that has anything much to do with this thread anyway.

Almost thought your post was a piss-take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Those on the left should think about the fate of their comrades who took part in the Iranian revolution.

Lesbian couples do get pregnant to have kids.Stop talking out yer hole.

Alas. As if on cue one of those dyed haired Feminazis appears.

Be grand. Sure it's the Religion of Peace.

To Quote Bill Maher: "Its the Religion of peace alright. A piece of you there. a piece of you over there."

It's all just PART & PARCEL to me. Who needs safety when you can have diversity?

Yep. All part of the Cultural Enrichment.

• Advertisement

WTF talk about a non-sequitur

Also ad hominem. What does it matter how they look? If you have an issue with their position debate that.

And anyway the Islamic bodies on the whole would have been anti-abortion (in the same way that the Catholic bodies generally were). Not that that has anything much to do with this thread anyway.

Almost thought your post was a piss-take.

Piss take lol sure it's all about diversity...
    I don't Like ice-cream, you do I am offended because you said I said, then sure vanilla all the way.
    But the vanilla was imported from that dot on the map, Im not supporting them so I'll get my vanilla somewhere else, but who likes ice cream anyway....

Then throw a flake into it and it's called a 99 no it's a come with a flake....

Stop robbing the yellow snow....

To Quote Bill Maher: "Its the Religion of peace alright. A piece of you there. a piece of you over there."

As Billy Connely said what use is fifty virgins when you're flying ****ing mince meat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

bubblypop wrote: »
    Women don't go into mosques.

There we go another pig stupid comment from a snowf***e who hasn't the first clue about the topic. Yes women enter mosques.

There is a famous saying. "When you have no knowledge of the issue, shut the f**k up."

Words you should live by ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

wes wrote: »
    A Muslim mayor that is more liberal than your average Tory........ and yourself for that matter.

Bollox

Oh he's liberal when it comes to muslim rape gangs in places like Telford and Rotherham, he'll whine about Tommy Robinson but will never condemn islam.
    All the while he pushes sharia creep in London.

There we go another pig stupid comment from a snowf***e who hasn't the first clue about the topic. Yes women enter mosques.

There is a famous saying. "When you have no knowledge of the issue, shut the f**k up."

Words you should live by ;-)

Well said, of course women go into mosques.

They sit out the back behind the men.

They're quite welcome into mosques.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

I see that there has been premament Cultural enrichment Barriers placed around the Eiffell Tower.
    Coming to a Country near you soon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

You need Islam in your life like you need a broken leg. Not at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Very odd report I though on RTE Six One news yesterday about the end of Ramadan celebrations in Ireland.

It was really the tone of the report that I found odd. "Islam is the fastest growing religion in Ireland", grinned the news presenter. Oh yippee yippee yippee - just exactly what we were all hoping for - what could be better for the country. It's it marvellous.

Part of the report was an interview with a Muslim man who seemed to be working in a take away type foot outlet. He explained why all the Muslims are living in one particular area (like they do in the UK which doesn't cause any issues whatsoever)... it's because they all wan't to be near the mosque. It's that marvellous. It's it lovely to see ppl taking their religion so seriously that they wish to live by the mosque as a top priority. Not because they'd rather live beside ppl of their same religious and cultural background as I had so wrongly first though but simply because of the nearby mosque. What a charming heart warming report.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Very odd report I though on RTE Six One news yesterday about the end of Ramadan celebrations in Ireland.

It was really the tone of the report that I found odd. "Islam is the fastest growing religion in Ireland", grinned the news presenter. Oh yippee yippee yippee - just exactly what we were all hoping for - what could be better for the country. It's it marvellous.

Part of the report was an interview with a Muslim man who seemed to be working in a take away type foot outlet. He explained why all the Muslims are living in one particular area (like they do in the UK which doesn't cause any issues whatsoever)... it's because they all wan't to be near the mosque. It's that marvellous. It's it lovely to see ppl taking their religion so seriously that they wish to live by the mosque as a top priority. Not because they'd rather live beside ppl of their same religious and cultural background as I had so wrongly first though but simply because of the nearby mosque. What a charming heart warming report.

It may be the fastest growing religion in Ireland but balancing out with the decline in religion, religion is dying rapidly in Ireland...

I wouldn't be worried about Islams growth to be honest. It'll be never take over here or in the UK for that matter.

Maybe in pockets here and there, but Islam will eventually implode, it is part of the prophesy.

It's also growing fast in other places.

You'll hear how fast it's growing, but they'll get tired of it when they get to a certain stage of realism.

I got caught up in new age spiritualism myself before.
    I was in a dark place, and it was slowly turning me into a snowflakey leftie easily offended borderline narcissist.

Books and gurus telling me ever happens for a reason, accept and embrace the universe.

Going to meditation group's, which were free, but a donation is required.

12 step programmes are a breeding ground for targeting vulnerable people too.
    They're meant to be a bridge to normal living, but yet the bridge never ends.
    Everything is suggested, but if you've a mind of your own, you're considered sick or a dry drunk.

Leave the group and you're shunned upon, in effect it's supposed to be non religious but the higher power is the only way to get well.
    There's no bosses but yet you're supposed to get a sponsor who's supposed to bring you through the steps.
    But they end up telling you how to live your life, it's not in any way audited or checked by the authorities.
    Maybe thats a good thing but the jury's out on that....

Religion, spiritualism or life coaching gurus can be dangerous in my opinion....

Sure who am I to judge....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

I wouldn't be worried about Islams growth to be honest. It'll be never take over here or in the UK for that matter...

The indigenous cultures of the 50 Muslim majority countries probably felt the same at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

If they were a few tones whiter and came out with some of the stuff they say the feminists and hard left would be out marching and chanting about what they want.

Being part of a 'culture' is a licence to piss on all liberal values and go completely unchecked.

Brown up lads, you'll get away with absolute murder.

Women should be kept at home and treated as possessions, gays should be killed, sons should inherit everything.

Its cool though, I'm brown and persecuted.

It may be the fastest growing religion in Ireland but balancing out with the decline in religion, religion is dying rapidly in Ireland...

Christianity might be dying out,but Islam surely isn't. They're not going to eventually dump their religion. They want to establish an Islamic state. The sooner people people wake up to this reality the better. If they were willing to dump Islam then they would have done it the instant they landed in Europe. We wouldn't be seeing Muslim Women in burkas and hijabs.
    I wouldn't be worried about Islams growth to be honest. It'll be never take over here or in the UK for that matter.

Sorry,but only a fool isn't worried about Islam's growth. That's when the violence really starts. I bet the people in the UK had that same mindset. And now they're a Minority in their own Capital and there's a Muslim mayor in that city and every major city in the UK.

It was really the tone of the report that I found odd. "Islam is the fastest growing religion in Ireland", grinned the news presenter.

I just want to make another remark about this. It's a bit disingenuous to say Islam is the fast growing religion in Ireland - that statement suggests that indigenous Irish ppl are taking up Islam as a religion.

This is not what is happening at all - the increasing numbers of ppl who identify as Muslim in Ireland is by virtue of the fact of the numbers of Muslims who have simply moved here. Not that Islam in Ireland is the newest hottest trend.

Christianity might be dying out,but Islam surely isn't. They're not going to eventually dump their religion. They want to establish an Islamic state. The sooner people people wake up to this reality the better. If they were willing to dump Islam then they would have done it the instant they landed in Europe. We wouldn't be seeing Muslim Women in burkas and hijabs.

Sorry,but only a fool isn't worried about Islam's growth. That's when the violence really starts. I bet the people in the UK had that same mindset. And now they're a Minority in their own Capital and there's a Muslim mayor in that city and every major city in the UK.

It won't get the upper hand, us westerners will rise up believe you me.

When the funk hits the fan, they'll be running back to where they belong.

I know there's a lot of people in fear of the invasion and leftie snowflakey hippies who embrace it.
    But they'll learn the hard way.

I wont post my response or reaction to anyone trying to push their religious agendas one or my loved one's....

But the badies will get it where it counts, they can smell fear and soft people...

I had a few debates with the left and the peaceful people, believe you me they are all brainwashed and bullies....

There's always at least 3 of them, but anyone who worships the moon or has empathy for evil deeds will not hide easily.

I just want to make another remark about this. It's a bit disingenuous to say Islam is the fast growing religion in Ireland - that statement suggests that indigenous Irish ppl are taking up Islam as a religion.

This is not what is happening at all - the increasing numbers of ppl who identify as Muslim in Ireland is by virtue of the fact of the numbers of Muslims who have simply moved here. Not that Islam in Ireland is the newest hottest trend.

Regardless of how its happening the fact that Islam is growing so rapidly here should be a concern for everyone.

• Advertisement

It won't get the upper hand, us westerners will rise up believe you me.

When the funk hits the fan, they'll be running back to where they belong.

I know there's a lot of people in fear of the invasion and leftie snowflakey hippies who embrace it.
    But they'll learn the hard way.

I wont post my response or reaction to anyone trying to push their religious agendas one or my loved one's....

But the badies will get it where it counts, they can smell fear and soft people...

I had a few debates with the left and the peaceful people, believe you me they are all brainwashed and bullies....

There's always at least 3 of them, but anyone who worships the moon or has empathy for evil deeds will not hide easily.

Believe me, I would love to believe you on this, but Germany,France,Sweden, and Uk's total submission doesn't bode well for us. If the abortion referendum is any indication the Irish are too busy trying to make Ireland the last Progressive hotbed and that will spell the Country's doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

To end immigration, Ireland has to impose an earnings cap at 40,000 euro, abolish the minimum wage and reopen the workhouses and debtors prisons. Next, it would have to deregulate our over regulated society and economy. Only measures such as these would stimulate the conditions required for indigenous industry to thrive. Needless to say, the welfare state would need to be sacrificed (gladly) on the alter of debt repayment. The shackles of the welfare state are a burden this country has to shed if it is to survive. Even if another new world, like the Americas were to suddenly emerge from the oceans complete with prairies, forests etc, Europeans (and especially the Irish) are now so soft they wouldn`t even try to colonize it because there would be no welfare in the new world.

Regardless of how its happening the fact that Islam is growing so rapidly here should be a concern for everyone.

Well I think you are right about that - I don't know you and maybe your reason for thinking so is based on pure racism - but I still think your right and I'm not racist.

On the racists thing, I always annoys me when it come to this argument that Muslims are generally brown. My opinion on the subject would apply if they were as white as an iceberg - like me basically.

Well I think you are right about that - I don't know you and maybe your reason for thinking so is based on pure racism - but I still think your right and I'm not racist.

On the racists thing, I always annoys me when it come to this argument that Muslims are generally brown. My opinion on the subject would apply if they were as white as an iceberg - like me basically.

Islam is not a race. Racism doesn't apply. Ignore the talking heads on Fake News RTE. While the Arab Muslims tend to be Brown a good portion of Africa is also Muslim and Bowe Bergdhal the American traitor is a White Mother****er. The whole racism cry is a pathetic attempt to shut down criticism of a very violent religion.

To end immigration, Ireland has to impose an earnings cap at 40,000 euro, abolish the minimum wage and reopen the workhouses and debtors prisons, and deregulate our over regulated society and economy.

OR the Govt can do like some of the eastern European Countries and tell them that they would have to work for their benefits.They'd stop coming here very quickly.

• Advertisement

Islam is not a race. Racism doesn't apply. Ignore the talking heads on Fake News RTE. While the Arab Muslims tend to be Brown a good portion of Africa is also Muslim and Bowe Bergdhal the American traitor is a White Mother****er. The whole racism cry is a pathetic attempt to shut down criticism of a very violent religion.

Yes you are right. But the term 'racism' has morphed into over the last few years to mean an all encompassing term to describe any form of prejudice. Not that it's legitimate to do so especially in respect of ppl who have rational opinions about the current state of affairs in respect of 'multiculturalism'.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

I wouldn't be worried about Islams growth to be honest. It'll be never take over here or in the UK ..

Probably what all Countries said before they were taken over by Islam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Yes you are right. But the term 'racism' has morphed into over the last few years to mean an all encompassing term to describe any form of prejudice. Not that it's legitimate to do so especially in respect of ppl who have rational opinions about the current state of affairs in respect of 'multiculturalism'.

The idea is that Islam is almost exclusively 'non-white'. People who are white, by virtue of their skin color, are supposed to be automatically are born with 'privilege'. Antagonism to any aspect of Islam is technically a fear or opposition of something which is deemed alien, quite literal 'xenophobia'.

That's the rationale. The motive is a bit different, it's nominally to promote equity, and not just equality, and the slur of racism is more commonly used to stifle debate to this end.

While undoubtedly there is some overlap of racism and anti-Islamism, the consequence is that it is difficult to have a rationale discussion about this religion. It is the hardest religion to have a rationale discussion about. Why aren't Buddhism or Hinduism controversial issues, or similarly shackled to an idea of ethnicity? Both would actually be far better candidates for being tied to ethnicity than Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

To end immigration, Ireland has to impose an earnings cap at 40,000 euro, abolish the minimum wage and reopen the workhouses and debtors prisons. Next, it would have to deregulate our over regulated society and economy. Only measures such as these would stimulate the conditions required for indigenous industry to thrive. Needless to say, the welfare state would need to be sacrificed (gladly) on the alter of debt repayment. The shackles of the welfare state are a burden this country has to shed if it is to survive. Even if another new world, like the Americas were to suddenly emerge from the oceans complete with prairies, forests etc, Europeans (and especially the Irish) are now so soft they wouldn`t even try to colonize it because there would be no welfare in the new world.

Sorry mate, your neo feudalism isn’t going to play.

T

It is the hardest religion to have a rationale discussion about. Why aren't Buddhism or Hinduism controversial issues, or similarly shackled to an idea of ethnicity? Both would actually be far better candidates for being tied to ethnicity than Islam.

Yes it is and the reason for it is that the powers that be have decided for some reason I can't fathom that Muslims should not be required to adhere to western values. It is this current mad thinking that it would be the lowest of the low for anyone to think they should.

And this to me explains why Islamist terrorist attacks especially in the UK are committed by natively born UK Muslim citizens. Here you have ppl who take all the advantages of western culture, live life as a western as you or I would, but then have some grievance because their religion isn't universally respected as they feel they have a right that it should, or at the very least it shouldn't be seen to be criticized. That practically means that if they see anyone speaking out about Islamic values or culture - even if the comments were more directed at Muslims in foreign lands - they are just going to go ape **** about it - and it's no wonder a tiny proportion of them do just that - with devastating consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

I have been quite vocal on my concerns about Islam, and for this, despite me never once judging anyone by the colour of their skin on Boards.ie or in reality, there are those who have called me racist for openly critiquing this ideology, not a race, an ideology.

So, why then is Islam deserving of my concerns?

HOMOPHOBIA

According to a number of reputable polls, the majority of British Muslims would like homosexuality to be criminalised.

https://edition.cnn.co...ms-survey/index.html

Whilst you can't force people what to think, I still believe it's deserving of debate as to why the majority of Muslims in the UK would harbour such prejudices. It wasn't so long ago that homosexual acts were illegal in this country, 1993 in fact, yet now we are the first country in the world to legalise same sex marriage. Of this I'm incredibly proud, but we didn't get to this place by pretending homophobia did not exist in the Catholic Church.

The majority of Irish Catholics now fully support equal rights for the LGTB community whilst still valuing their faith, but again, we did not get to this by first pretending homophobia did not exist.

For wishing to discuss this facet of Islamic beliefs, I was previously accused of being disingenuous;
    We've seen through you. I find it funny you guys give a **** about gay people. We know you don't you give too ****s about gay people and homophobia.
    Transparent.

I don't expect anyone to take me on face value, we are all anonymous here after all, but I've been involved in various campaigns for the LGTB community for over a decade. Three years ago, I called door to door around a great many housing estates in the rain and cold, promoting a yes vote for the SSM referendum. That I could now be accused of not caring is somewhat upsetting, but more than that, it's troubling. Troubling that in an attempt to stifle debate, a poster could make such a baseless accusation which the entirety of my post history clearly indicates is untrue.

Do I believe all Muslims are homophobic? Most definitely not, as the polls suggest, a great many are not, but I believe an even greater number might be educated as to the importance of equality if we only debate the topic.

SEXUAL ABUSE AND THE ATTITUDES TOWARD WOMEN.

According to the available census data from the UK (2011) Muslim men account for approximately 2.2% of the overall population.

https://www.ons.gov.uk...ralidentity/religion

Yet according to available data from the UK's Ministry of Justice, 12% of all convicted rapists serving time during the year 2014 were Muslim.

https://assets.publish...ales-rape-muslim.doc

When it comes to grooming gangs the statistics are even more damning, with 75% of all convicted groomers coming from this same 2.2% sector of society.

https://www.channel4.c...f-sexual-abuse-gangs

Do I believe all Muslims are rapists? Absolutely not, of the UK's approximately 1,330,000 adult male Muslims, the vast, vast majority have never been sexually abusive, yet why they are demonstrably four times more likely to commit abuse than other members of society needs further discussion in a level headed manner.

I don't for one moment believe Muslim attitudes toward women are incapable of improving to what one could consider "Western Ideals", but it will not happen if we continue to pretend an issue does not exist.
    Snakes obvious anti Muslim agenda is pretty abhorrent and no matter what anyone says he will continue to bang his racism drum.

It is all too easy to cry racism in these discussions, and I do appreciate it is a highly emotive issue, but if racism and bigotry truly was the underpinning of all those who are critical of Islam, then it must be said, threads critical of Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, Taoism, and Shintoism are conspicuous by their absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Ah would you stop playing the victim, Snake. You were criticised for bringing up Muslim homophobia in a thread about a sexual assault in Clane, an incident that had nothing to do with Muslims. I fully accept you care about LGBT and have worked against it, despite you dismissing my own personal experiences in the other thread, but that was simply not the thread for it and shoehorning it into that thread was poor form. But let's put that aside.

You say that
    believe an even greater number might be educated as to the importance of equality if we only debate the topic.

Who are you going to debate it with if you don't let them in to the country in the first place? Whose mind will you change? Cultures change slowly but they change much quicker when influenced by others. People are so afraid of Islamic culture spreading here they completely ignore the possibility of the reverse happening. That people who come here will be influenced by our culture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

The idea is that Islam is almost exclusively 'non-white'. People who are white, by virtue of their skin color, are supposed to be automatically are born with 'privilege'. Antagonism to any aspect of Islam is technically a fear or opposition of something which is deemed alien, quite literal 'xenophobia'.

That's the rationale. The motive is a bit different, it's nominally to promote equity, and not just equality, and the slur of racism is more commonly used to stifle debate to this end.

While undoubtedly there is some overlap of racism and anti-Islamism, the consequence is that it is difficult to have a rationale discussion about this religion. It is the hardest religion to have a rationale discussion about. Why aren't Buddhism or Hinduism controversial issues, or similarly shackled to an idea of ethnicity? Both would actually be far better candidates for being tied to ethnicity than Islam.
    Because Hindus and Buddhists aren't blowing sh*t up all over Europe and murdering people all over Europe. That is why people talk about Islam and why it is deeply unpopular among millions of people throughout Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

140 pages, when a simple "No" is enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Ah would you stop playing the victim, Snake. You were criticised for bringing up Muslim homophobia in a thread about a sexual assault in Clane, an incident that had nothing to do with Muslims. I fully accept you care about LGBT and have worked against it, despite you dismissing my own personal experiences in the other thread, but that was simply not the thread for it and shoehorning it into that thread was poor form. But let's put that aside.

You say that
    believe an even greater number might be educated as to the importance of equality if we only debate the topic.

Who are you going to debate it with if you don't let them in to the country in the first place? Whose mind will you change? Cultures change slowly but they change much quicker when influenced by others. People are so afraid of Islamic culture spreading here they completely ignore the possibility of the reverse happening. That people who come here will be influenced by our culture.
    Im afraid there's little evidence of any of that ever happening in fact quite the opposite its the 2nd and 3rd generations who are more hostile to western culture than their parents were so that doesn't bode well for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Decades of experience with them in The Netherlands i can tell you the vast majority will not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

You say that

:D:D:D

As said before, It's just a matter of extreme optimism and naivety with these "open the borders" types.

You're not bad people, you just don't see reality.

Anwyay perhaps I'm wrong and all those Muslim school kids high fiving one another the day after the Paris attacks will be influenced by Western culture and become integrated.

And then teachers speaking out about it were fired ... joke.

:D:D:D

As said before, It's just a matter of extreme optimism and naivety with these "open the borders" types.

You're not bad people, you just don't see reality.

Anwyay perhaps I'm wrong and all those Muslim school kids high fiving one another the day after the Paris attacks will be influenced by Western culture and become integrated.

And then teachers speaking out about it were fired ... joke.

You guys keep using the term "open the borders". Can you find any posts on this site were someone actually advocates for open borders?

I've no doubt you'll be able to pick out incidents of people not integrating but the numbers of people coming over compared to the actual of examples you will find will indicate that most of them do. And the ones that don't will often be reflective of their circumstances. You can't throw a refugee into a Muslim ghetto on welfare and then wonder why he hasn't adapted to national customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

As long as they live peaceably there wont be a problem. But we have to be very careful not to allow the mistakes of the UK and France to be repeated. Tolerance yes - but vigilance also. In particular we should be exceptionally wary of offers of Saudi or Turkish government funding for mosques, because experience of this in the UK has been quite negative in parts of the country. The Finsbury Park Mosque for example, where Abu Hamza preached extremism and terrorism, was funded by King Fahd of Saudi Arabia in 1994.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

keano_afc wrote: »
    140 pages, when a simple "No" is enough.

I voted:

Yes to SSM
    Yes to abortion
    Yes to removing blasphemy (if this referendum happens)

But I agree, a simple NO here is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

ELM327 wrote: »
    I voted:

Yes to SSM
    Yes to abortion
    Yes to removing blasphemy (if this referendum happens)

But I agree, a simple NO here is needed.

It matters little that you voted/will vote Yes on the above three points, that your answer to the question at hand is No, means you're a racist, fascist, knuckle-dragger, who has no genuine regard for the rights of women and the LGTB community... at least you are to a small number of halfwits who poison this site, I on the other-hand appreciate you as an educated realist.

As long as they live peaceably there wont be a problem. But we have to be very careful not to allow the mistakes of the UK and France to be repeated. Tolerance yes - but vigilance also. In particular we should be exceptionally wary of offers of Saudi or Turkish government funding for mosques, because experience of this in the UK has been quite negative in parts of the country. The Finsbury Park Mosque for example, where Abu Hamza preached extremism and terrorism, was funded by King Fahd of Saudi Arabia in 1994.

If our referendums have thought us anything it's that religious funding, in general, should be looked at. Islam, Catholicism and Scientology all appear to be giving and receiving funding with little scrutiny.

It matters little that you voted/will vote Yes on the above three points, that your answer to the question at hand is No, means you're a racist, fascist, knuckle-dragger, who has no genuine regard for the rights of women and the LGTB community... at least you are to a small number of halfwits who poison this site, I on the other-hand appreciate you as an educated realist.

You poor oppressed soul. :rolleyes:

To clarify for you. Nobody cares if you want to criticise religion, people care if you judge a person based on their religion, particularly when that person comes from a place where choice of religion was not a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

You say that

Ok so, lets cancel Christmas and Easter in schools so as not to offend the poor Muslim children. And no more saucies and pork chops on the school menu. Laugh, but it has already happened in many schools in the UK and mainland Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭weisses

I have been quite vocal on my concerns about Islam, and for this, despite me never once judging anyone by the colour of their skin on Boards.ie or in reality, there are those who have called me racist for openly critiquing this ideology, not a race, an ideology.

Just look up the various definitions of racism. I'm sure you can identify with one of them.

I say be proud ...Own it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

Ok so, lets cancel Christmas and Easter in schools so as not to offend the poor Muslim children. And no more saucies and pork chops on the school menu. Laugh, but it has already happened in many schools in the UK and mainland Europe.

I don't think they serve 'saucies' here in our schools, that England has has always been way ahead of us with their fancy food.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement