Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Islam right for Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Ok so, lets cancel Christmas and Easter in schools so as not to offend the poor Muslim children. And no more saucies and pork chops on the school menu. Laugh, but it has already happened in many schools in the UK and mainland Europe.

Whatever floats your boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭weisses

Ok so, lets cancel Christmas and Easter in schools so as not to offend the poor Muslim children. And no more saucies and pork chops on the school menu. Laugh, but it has already happened in many schools in the UK and mainland Europe.

I say cancel all of it, I don't believe in fairies ... I feel offended since I was young, Religion is all around me ..... sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

weisses wrote: »
    I say cancel all of it, I don't believe in fairies ... I feel offended since I was young, Religion is all around me ..... sad :(
    I'm an atheist too but as a fat bloke I'd be offended if you removed sausages and pork chops!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'm an atheist too but as a fat bloke I'd be offended if you removed sausages and pork chops!!

Agree 100%. I'm a fat bloke too and didn't get where I am today by abstaining from sausages, pork chops, and all the exotic 'saucies'.

Ahh FFS you can be fat on Fried chicken, beef burgers ... Its give and take :D

All new opportunities to stay obese ... win win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Just look up the various definitions of racism. I'm sure you can identify with one of them.

I say be proud ...Own it

racism
    NOUN
    mass noun
    1Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Are you actually calling me racist because of my critique of an ideology which is practiced by 1.8 Billion adherents of not one individual race? There are over a 100,000 white Muslims in the UK alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I don't think they serve 'saucies' here in our schools, that England has has always been way ahead of us with their fancy food.

Wtf is a "saucie"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Odhinn wrote: »
    Wtf is a "saucie"?

That what the dinner ladies used to call pork sausages back in the day.

Ahh FFS you can be fat on Fried chicken, beef burgers ... Its give and take :D

All new opportunities to stay obese ... win win
    But I shouldn't have to obey any men in dresses. Be they catholics, islam or anything else.

But I shouldn't have to obey any men in dresses. Be they catholics, islam or anything else.

You don't. You can get sausages all over the place. That's the benefit of a free society. If a shop doesn't sell the product you want you go to another.

• Advertisement

You poor oppressed soul. :rolleyes:
    Ah would you stop playing the victim, Snake.
    Snakey boy
    So I'll had hypocrite to dishonest on your bio.
    Pot meet kettle.
    you can happily believe whatever racist nonsense you've made up about Ireland.

You're obsession with me is frankly... disturbing.

Are you calling me racist?

Just look up the definition of racism ... Educate yourself before waffling about "Muslim/Islam not being a race" therefore I cannot be a racist excuse

So is yours with Islam and Muslims ...

Now you also have issues with the LGBT community ?

And I doubt you have to obey any of them any time soon ..... You can be the same fat bloke for many years to come

I bet you'd actually feel quite happy if someone took an interest in you. Alas, Snake, it is not me. I simply like to call out bigots when the push nonsense and lies. Truth be told I couldn't tell you apart from the other guy with the same name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

You don't. You can get sausages all over the place. That's the benefit of a free society. If a shop doesn't sell the product you want you go to another.

I'm not sure that I would like to have sausages 'all over the place', that can't be a good thing.
    If one of the benefits of a so-called free society is to have sausages 'all over the place' then count me out.
    Sausages should be, in this order:
    1) In the fridge.
    2) In a frying pan, or under the grill
    3) In my large gut.

J"Muslim/Islam not being a race"

This is an undeniable fact, might I suggest you invest in an Oxford English Dictionary and further educate yourself.

One with a modicum of self awareness would not have responded to an accusation of their propensity to throw immature snipes at other posters with an immature snipe... not you though.
    I bet you'd actually feel quite happy if someone took an interest in you.

I simply like to call out bigots

Bigot
    NOUN
    A person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

Ironically you only need to look yourself in the mirror to find one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

It matters little that you voted/will vote Yes on the above three points, that your answer to the question at hand is No, means you're a racist, fascist, knuckle-dragger, who has no genuine regard for the rights of women and the LGTB community... at least you are to a small number of halfwits who poison this site, I on the other-hand appreciate you as an educated realist.

Always found it amazing the way the LGBT community gets behind Islam :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Always found it amazing the way the LGBT community gets behind Islam :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Just shows you what a whitewashed version of Islam and Sharia the Left and media peddle. Plus there's the arrogance if not borderline willful ignorance that they can reform Sharia Law once its implemented.

• Advertisement

This is an undeniable fact, might I suggest you invest in an Oxford English Dictionary and further educate yourself.

But racism is not limited to discrimination on race. And while there is an argument that religion would not fall under the definition of racism, nationality and ethnicity is and people are judging immigrants based on where they come from on the basis that they are likely Muslim. So racism does come into it.

Bigot
    NOUN
    A person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

Ironically you only need to look yourself in the mirror to find one.

I tolerate all opinions, doesn't mean I can't challenge them.

Again it must be pointed out that nobody gets behind Islam but I think the LGBT might understand the perspective of an individual who is being judged based on an aspect of themselves they have had no choice in.

Speaking as someone closely involved with the LGBT community, they all don't believe me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

It's not strictly the immigration part which annoys and deeply worries people, it is the ideology of the people from these countries who find themselves in Europe which is what does it. If it was a lot of Buddhists or Hindus, while people would be questioning the immigration system and want tougher laws (myself included) the outcry would not be the same or the hostility because it is Islam which does it.

I don't know what reaction people expect when they see family, friends murdered on the streets, blown to bits, stabbed, cars ramming into crowds of people, it is only perfectly  rational for people to be upset and deeply angry and of course they are going to point towards the ideology which helps inspire them, they would not be human if they didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Just look up the definition of racism ... Educate yourself before waffling about "Muslim/Islam not being a race" therefore I cannot be a racist excuse

Is the Oxford English Dictionary definition ok for you??

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/racism

racism
    NOUN
    mass noun

1. Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

‘a programme to combat racism’

1.1 The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
    ‘theories of racism’

Again it must be pointed out that nobody gets behind Islam but I think the LGBT might understand the perspective of an individual who is being judged based on an aspect of themselves they have had no choice in.

Everybody has the choice of what religion they follow. :rolleyes:

Yes. Now.

But if the muslims come in they will implement their ridiculous laws everywhere and I won't be able to and we won't have that free society you opine.

It matters little that you voted/will vote Yes on the above three points, that your answer to the question at hand is No, means you're a racist, fascist, knuckle-dragger, who has no genuine regard for the rights of women and the LGTB community... at least you are to a small number of halfwits who poison this site, I on the other-hand appreciate you as an educated realist.
    Guess you were a bit prophetic there.

Now you also have issues with the LGBT community ?

And I doubt you have to obey any of them any time soon ..... You can be the same fat bloke for many years to come

Everybody has the choice of what religion they follow. :rolleyes:

No they don't, particularly when they are young. And they certainly don't have a choice over what religion people believe them to be of, particularly when they come from one of a number of countries.

Yes. Now.

But if the muslims come in they will implement their ridiculous laws everywhere and I won't be able to and we won't have that free society you opine.

Riiight. :rolleyes:

That's me repudiated in one go. Good job.
    I really admired the sources and the main tenet of your rebuttal.

No they don't, particularly when they are young. And they certainly don't have a choice over what religion people believe them to be of, particularly when they come from one of a number of countries.

They do. I was raised catholic, by about the age of 12 I decided it wasn't for me. Haven't been to mass since, except for weddings or funerals.

• Advertisement

That's me repudiated in one go. Good job.
    I really admired the sources and the main tenet of your rebuttal.

Your post got the response it deserved.

They do. I was raised catholic, by about the age of 12 I decided it wasn't for me. Haven't been to mass since, except for weddings or funerals.

That's great for you. If you had no issue I guess nobody in the entire world did either.

Taytoland wrote: »
    It's not strictly the immigration part which annoys and deeply worries people, it is the ideology of the people from these countries who find themselves in Europe which is what does it. If it was a lot of Buddhists or Hindus, while people would be questioning the immigration system and want tougher laws (myself included) the outcry would not be the same or the hostility because it is Islam which does it.

I don't know what reaction people expect when they see family, friends murdered on the streets, blown to bits, stabbed, cars ramming into crowds of people, it is only perfectly  rational for people to be upset and deeply angry and of course they are going to point towards the ideology which helps inspire them, they would not be human if they didn't.

How do you feel about the Buddhists in Myanmar?

In fairness you were a lot more free to decide that even in Catholic Ireland - can you imagine what would happen if a Saudi Arabian child announced to their parents at the age of 12 they wanted to leave Islam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

That's great for you. If you had no issue I guess nobody in the entire world did either.

You are a very flippant person.

Rory28 wrote: »
    You are a very flippant person.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

bubblypop wrote: »

How do you feel about the Buddhists in Myanmar?
    I disagree with it. But Buddhists aren't running around Europe bombing us, stabbing us, running over us with trucks, going on suicide missions just to carry out these acts alone. The Manchester bombing alone was an absolute outrage and to expect people in Britain or Ireland to just forget about such actions or not comment on the religion which inspires them to do it, then I don't know what to tell those people. It's perfectly rational for people to be angry, upset, annoyed and skeptical of Islam.

• Advertisement

I disagree with it. But Buddhists aren't running around Europe bombing us, stabbing us, running over us with trucks, going on suicide missions just to carry out these acts alone. The Manchester bombing alone was an absolute outrage and to expect people in Britain or Ireland to just forget about such actions or not comment on the religion which inspires them to do it, then I don't know what to tell those people. It's perfectly rational for people to be angry, upset, annoyed and skeptical of Islam.

It's not that long since the IRA bombed Manchester, & no it's not whataboutery, the terrorists didn't speak for all Irish people.
    Neither do the terrorists of Islamic faith speak for all Muslims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Christianity and Judaism are mocked and derided by the left wing press and media all over Europe. They take it on the chin. But whenever Islam is mocked or called out by the press there is an inevitable bloodbath.
    Hundreds of international reporters have been targeted by violence in the name of Islam. The attacks have had a chilling effect on the coverage of Islam and the many issues and conflicts that surround it.
    The result is that there is never a negative Islam story in any newspaper, as the journalists are afraid of getting a bullet. So the result is that the European press pretend that there is nothing to answer for in Islamic doctrine.
    Everything is hunky dory.

Maybe don't use selective quoting to make your silly point ... kinda makes your position even weaker

Is the Oxford English Dictionary definition ok for you??

Nope ... Racism is a broader term

You may not like it but it is nonetheless

Yes. Now.

Psssst

They are already here ..... crazy isn't it, and yet we can still buy pork chops ... shocking

• Advertisement

And that is just how terrorists wants you to think

You fell for it hook line and sinker

Psssst

They are already here ..... crazy isn't it, and yet we can still buy pork chops ... shocking

Incredibly myopic way of thinking; we don't have an issue now, therefore we'll never have an issue in the future.

All depends on who you view as the greater authority on the English language;
    The Oxford English, Collins, and Cambridge dictionaries, ... or the Huffington Post.

In fairness you were a lot more free to decide that even in Catholic Ireland - can you imagine what would happen if a Saudi Arabian child announced to their parents at the age of 12 they wanted to leave Islam ?

But most Muslims are moderate right?? Isn't that what we are spoonfed told??

You may not like it but it is nonetheless

So now the OED is not a valid source for the definition of a word?? :rolleyes:

Incredibly myopic way of thinking; we don't have an issue now, therefore we'll never have an issue in the future.

Why would whe have a problem in the Future ?

Do you think Muslims will dictate if you can or cannot have a pork chop here in Ireland ?

The Oxford English, Collins, and Cambridge dictionaries, ... or the Huffington Post.

I could post different sources but I decided to use a simple cartoon for you

http://www.robot-hugs.com/definition/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

Psssst

I couldn't buy a non-Halal burger at my child's school open day. What will happen if/when they reach 10% of the population?

Do you think Muslims will dictate if you can or cannot have a pork chop here in Ireland ?

Look at the problems UK, Sweden, Germany, France, Belgium are having. What makes you think that Ireland will swerve these problems??

FFS, so dictionaries are racist too now.

You truly are a parody of the left. Bravo for keeping up the satirical impersonation until now, you had me going. I thought you really believed that stuff.

It was all "Dont look back in anger" ... peace peace ... let the police meet some Manchester Imams with a copy of the Quran .... after the Manchester bombing...

a few weeks later the Grenfall tower fire (and this was an ACCIDENT) it was DAY OF RAGE !!! UNACCEPTABLE.... SHOW EVERYONE HOW ANGRY WE ARE!

You see at the end of the day, people don't talk about it or complain about it because they are afraid.

They think if they appease they will stop the attacks, of course this won't happen, it just shows them they have the weapon of fear.

So now the OED is not a valid source for the definition of a word?? :rolleyes:

Are you attempting to discredit the validity of the Oxford English Dictionary with a link to a... web-comic?

A f##king web-comic? What in the actual f##k. Ah man that's priceless, good for you... A f##king web-comic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement